FM21 Frustration

Hey,
so I'm managing a newly promoted club Hungerford to Vanarama National, we start the season everything is going good I'm at the top of the league, and then all of a sudden my team stops scoring and winning. I realize we are overachieving and players start being complacent. how do I avoid/overcome this situation?

I use only one tactic. pep talks and shouts are by the staff member with the highest motivation attribute.
any further details will be gladly shared, just ask
thank you

I will post it but i got in the same situation with 3 different tactics. i tried to fix/overcome it on my own so i tried few saves  and then i realized it wasn't a tactic issue.

this is the latest one.

the wingers man mark opposite DLR

Edited by DOP

A top-heavy formation with 2 mezzalas is a recipe for defensive disaster. You need 2 holding CM roles (or at least 1 holding and the other covering), not 2 attack-minded roaming runners.

Also, given the extreme amount of totally needless team instructions all over the place, it looks like one of "famous" plug'n'play tactics for download (rather than a normal and sensibly designed tactic). 

3 minutes ago, DOP said:

you are correct, this is a downloaded tactic which i used

Unfortunately, when it comes to that kind of tactics, only the creator of the tactic can help you properly.

Unless you want to discard the tactic entirely and instead create a normal and sensible one from scratch.

It works for a period of time during which R2D2 is merely running through its codes to find the crack. Once found, all the vulnerabilities are exploited. At will. 

Agree with the above assertions, Adv Forward, Attacking Winger, Mezzala, all doubled up, effectively there’s no midfield. And no the inverting fullback will not serve as a quasi-anchorman in the defensive phase. 

Seldom play with a back four, but have utilised 2 Adv Fwds in an aggressive pressing system, much higher line of engagement and defensive line. Of course, if there’s no pace and positioning in the back line, there’s blood on dance floor when the counter comes. 

Mezzalas by default need a DM behind or a CM between to do their defensive work. If not mistaken, the clue is in the role description, where it reads of defensive nonchalance. 

If both Fullbacks are inverting the question is, why Fullback at all? More over, in this particular shape, the inversion doesn’t lead to central overloads because the wayward Mezzalas are drifting to the outer limits...despite the flanks being aggressively staffed with AML/R wingers. So what’s the point? 

Hazarding a guess, would put a decent wager on this tactic sitting beneath an emboldened title featuring 3 digit goals for, 100+ points, a healthy dollop of exclamation marks and a couple shocked emojis. Test: Liverpool and PSG, no less. Mbappe 89 league goals, 15 in one game vs Amiens.