A different way of searching for youth, just found out today.

Maybe this is known?

Anyway, I already had a scout on youth in the UK with the usual parameters, I then thought ... why not search for fringe players between 15-18? If they are fringe at that age there is a good chance they would develop into something good plus the fact that their stats are probably already good enough to perhaps enter as a sub and develop at the club.

I asked another scout to do the above and he actually came back today with 12 new good youngsters, much better than what the youth scout had come up with. I signed two cheap ones and I will see how they develop.

Edited by AurioDK

On 14/03/2021 at 01:24, jmpaparone said:

Hello. Ok but maybe they are already fringe because they play in very low clubs ?

No, if they are fringe when found by your scouts then it´s on a relative comparison to your club alone, so a 15-18 year old playing for f.ex. Brentford in the Championship is a considered a fringe player for a top PL team then he probably already has the stats to be exactly that kind of player, at such a young age that is very good (usually). The potential ability is however an entirely different matter, that´s up to you to decide upon viewing your scouts report.

On 12/03/2021 at 20:01, AurioDK said:

Maybe this is known?

Anyway, I already had a scout on youth in the UK with the usual parameters, I then thought ... why not search for fringe players between 15-18? If they are fringe at that age there is a good chance they would develop into something good plus the fact that their stats are probably already good enough to perhaps enter as a sub and develop at the club.

I asked another scout to do the above and he actually came back today with 12 new good youngsters, much better than what the youth scout had come up with. I signed two cheap ones and I will see how they develop.

I may be having a total brainfart, but what is your method to set the parameters for a 'fringe player'?  - i want to have a go at this