Editor 2021 running unbearably slow

samba23

I am having real issues with using the 2021 editor. It is running really slowly for me and everything is taking far too long for me to edit, making this year's version practically unusable.

For example, when I tried to add a new stadium, when I clicked on the button to add the city it took 2 minutes 52 seconds for the search box to open and 2 minutes 12 seconds for the editor to add the city to the stadium after I clicked on the required city. It is running this slowly for almost everything I try to edit and verifying the nation rules takes approximately 30 minutes when it should take less than 5.

I have tried performing  the same actions on the 2019 editor to see if it is an issue with my computer rather than the 2021 editor. The stadium edits that took so long on the 2021 version took less than 5 seconds to perform on the 2019 version.

Is there some setting that I can change on the 2021 editor, or anything else I can do to make it run faster? 

I am seriously considering loading my 2021 editor file back into the 2019 editor and just edit everything in that version, although I am not sure if this would cause some issues, coming from a newer database to an older version.

Delete your caches and see if that helps but there is some reason so its not the editor itself . Maybe re-install it but delete the cache folder first to see if it helps . When you restart the editor it creates a new folder . 

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021\Caches

I have tried deleting the caches and uninstalling the editor but it has made no noticeable difference.

Changing a setting on the advanced rules, which takes minutes to execute is using an average of 3.5% CPU and 588.8MB/8GB memory. Overall use is constant at 67% memory and peaked at 20% CPU use but averages at 9-11% use.

For comparison, performing the same action on the 2019 editor on a slightly older version of the same editor file takes far less time <10 seconds, used an average of 3.5% CPU and 315.5MB memory.

The FM21 version is slightly heavier on the computer, but 588Mb isn't anything that should cause such delays.

With those delays you should have been at 2-5Gb.

How big is your database? Because the only thing I can think of is that you have a database with 1 million changes or something.

21 hours ago, samba23 said:

It's at about 250,000 changes but like I said Editor 2019 works fine with an almost identically sized editor file

I've read few posts in bugs section that editor works slowly (or slower) compared to previous versions.