Libero with low rate

Guys, I would like to know why my libero is so low in rate even with good statistics.
This is a print of 2 matches where he was far below the rate, I rarely get him to exceed 6.6

image.png.89d9864c43359c246d50695f60009b76.png

image.png.09d5f0434f68c4673cb275d36f86e418.pngimage.png.5fd9107b57bb68982610e097fca947b4.pngimage.png.52af8a73b7b4b3666eaf1b0d5bcc7ea0.png

This is my current tactic, I'm almost giving up on using this role

image.png.b0f6f8ead67f62cd7808cd2f58309839.png

Edited by Nick_CB

If, as you say, his stats during a match is good, why would you give up on the role? If he's doing what you want, then there's surely not a problem?

He seems to be less involved (look at the passes) than others and he's not completing aerial challenges/passes, so on the surface, that seems to me where the problem with the avg rating is. If I'd want to tweak - analysing those two scenarios in matches would be my first duty. 

3 minutos atrás, HUNT3R disse:

If, as you say, his stats during a match is good, why would you give up on the role? If he's doing what you want, then there's surely not a problem?

He seems to be less involved (look at the passes) than others and he's not completing aerial challenges/passes, so on the surface, that seems to me where the problem with the avg rating is. If I'd want to tweak - analysing those two scenarios in matches would be my first duty. 

This less involvement that bothers me, shouldn't it be more participative?

2 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

This less involvement that bothers me, shouldn't it be more participative?

I'm sure there are ways to involve the player more. Keep in mind that Player Traits could affect how the role plays, so that's something to be aware of. As for the tactic-

The playmaker might also be an influence as he's going to 'attract' more passes, being a playmaker. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

You're distributing to centrebacks. Not sure about the common formations you face, but teams usually have a lone striker. That means he's around where the Libero is and the ball will be given to the outside centrebacks. From there, probably either a pass to one of the wingbacks or the DLP drifting toward the ball.

Those scenarios might be what's happening and why he's seeing fewer passes. At the end of the day, if your system works and what he does get to do, he does well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Personally, I'd be more concerned with the aerial % and whether that could be costly in some matches. In that case as well, it'll be about recognising patterns to find flaws and identifying what the problem is.

For example, it could be as specific as it happens against weaker teams with a lone striker (or maybe even an AMC) who is good in the air and he's getting beaten to the ball when it's a long pass to try and get a counter attack going. Then you can be on the lookout for a weaker team using a formation like that, with a player like that and you can possibly bring in someone (for that match only) who is good in the air, but still capable on the ball to be a Libero.

3 horas atrás, HUNT3R disse:

I'm sure there are ways to involve the player more. Keep in mind that Player Traits could affect how the role plays, so that's something to be aware of. As for the tactic-

The playmaker might also be an influence as he's going to 'attract' more passes, being a playmaker. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

You're distributing to centrebacks. Not sure about the common formations you face, but teams usually have a lone striker. That means he's around where the Libero is and the ball will be given to the outside centrebacks. From there, probably either a pass to one of the wingbacks or the DLP drifting toward the ball.

Those scenarios might be what's happening and why he's seeing fewer passes. At the end of the day, if your system works and what he does get to do, he does well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Personally, I'd be more concerned with the aerial % and whether that could be costly in some matches. In that case as well, it'll be about recognising patterns to find flaws and identifying what the problem is.

For example, it could be as specific as it happens against weaker teams with a lone striker (or maybe even an AMC) who is good in the air and he's getting beaten to the ball when it's a long pass to try and get a counter attack going. Then you can be on the lookout for a weaker team using a formation like that, with a player like that and you can possibly bring in someone (for that match only) who is good in the air, but still capable on the ball to be a Libero.

Thank you very much, your mentioned points do in fact make a lot of sense considering the structure. I'm really enjoying the tactics though, maybe some little adjustment will help me

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, @Experienced Defender
My libero is much more participative after I removed the playmaker from the midfield, his ratings are much more positive.  I would like to know if TQ instead of DLF would be a good alternative to a counter attack style, 
and if it also works as a magnet for creation or finishing

TQ

IW(s)                  IF(a)

CM(d)  BWM(s)

WB(a)           WB(s)

CD    L(s)      CD

Edited by Nick_CB

20 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

I would like to know if TQ instead of DLF would be a good alternative to a counter attack style

If you have the right player for the role, the TQ can be a really good choice. 

21 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

and if it also works as a magnet for creation or finishing

Well, TQ is a playmaker role, so it does work as a ball-magnet.