Created Nation Nationality Problem

Ellis_D

Can someone help me please. I have taken over San Marino as Yorkshire. I have moved all Sammarinese cities and clubs to Italy, Gibraltar or deleted them. I have moved all people over to those too.

I have deleted all the records in the nation. I have moved all the cities from Yorkshire to the new nation, and only Yorkshire cities are in the nation. Only people born in Yorkshire are part of that nation.

But when I start new games, most of the youth players still have Italian/Sammarinese names, despite the fact that all the people have English names in the editor. What do I do to alter this please?

In that case, could you or someone else please point me to an edited database that has Pre-Ireland 1922 set up as a new nation to play in Europe please? I know people have done them in the past, if someone could tell me the name of the database, or where to find, in Steam or a download, then I could edit that database as presumably all the newgens will have Irish names which is close enough to English.

Hey there, I found this Reddit thread a few months ago that is, admittedly, a bit convoluted, but that I have tried out and does work! https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/foxyz7/adding_a_ton_of_new_names_to_a_nation_how_i_did/

That's all foreign and way too technical to me mate. Things like this assume that everyone is literate with computer programs, and we aren't.

This for example: "So now the objective was clear: get a program to read an .xml file created by the pge and extract the unique_ids of all clones before generating .xml code that can be read by the pge." 

I don't know HOW to get a program to do this, I don't know what an .xml file is, I don't know how to extract unique_ids, I don't know to generate and .xml code and I don't know what a pge is! Now, learning all those things sounds like a hell of a lot of work for an absolute novice.

I say novice, but I know how to use the editor pretty decently. I know how to put kits, logos, etc in the game although that was difficult to me at first. "Make a new folder and extract the logos to that file."  Never mind not knowing how to extract files, I never even knew how to create a new folder, but instructions like this always assume that you do!