Crossing the Mediterranean - an African journeyman out to de-throne PSG (eventually)

16 hours ago, 13th Man said:

New to this thread, but it's been a fun ride and a good concept.  I'm almost annoyed that I didn't wait another bit for you to finish out the season before I caught up...I need to know how this title race ends!

Good to see your 4-2-2-2 working so well on the whole.  It's a formation I really like in theory, but have never gotten to work. I like the look of yours though, so I might take a closer look and take some elements the next time I want to run something like that.  Lots of TI's but they make sense so it works!

Thank you for your kind words!

Yes I don't usually play a 4-4-2 either, but since Lens had 2 really good strikers when I came in, it seemed logical (after the 3-5-2 was not very successful). 

I have actually finished the season, and will hopefully be able to write it up tomorrow!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work, karanhsingh. Glad to see that "Ganagooooaaaaal" is still with RCL and banging them in even when you took over in 2025. I started up a save with RCL beginning in the present instead of the future, and he's been immense for me as well. Won Top Scorer in Ligue 1 and also the European Golden Shoe in the first season, though TBF he played every game, as I didn't have any decent backup for him. Is still going strong for me in 2024, where my save is now, and is a star for Cameroon. Varane still has no interest in returning yet, though. 

Am hoping to get RCL to the Champions League and the top of Ligue 1 in my save, trying to use as many current RCL Lens players or returning Lens HG as possible, and all without any regens, and am updating it in the French football thread that RonaldoBeckham started in another forum. RCL is such a fun team to manage, with their youth academy and their finances guaranteeing a competitive base for many years.

Looking forward to your updates, thanks

Edited by strangerthankindness
5 hours ago, strangerthankindness said:

Great work, karanhsingh. Glad to see that "Ganagooooaaaaal" is still with RCL and banging them in even when you took over in 2025. I started up a save with RCL beginning in the present instead of the future, and he's been immense for me as well. Won Top Scorer in Ligue 1 and also the European Golden Shoe in the first season, though TBF he played every game, as I didn't have any decent backup for him. Is still going strong for me in 2024, where my save is now, and is a star for Cameroon. Varane still has no interest in returning yet, though. 

Am hoping to get RCL to the Champions League and the top of Ligue 1 in my save, trying to use as many current RCL Lens players or returning Lens HG as possible, and all without any regens, and am updating it in the French football thread that RonaldoBeckham started in another forum. RCL is such a fun team to manage, with their youth academy and their finances guaranteeing a competitive base for many years.

Looking forward to your updates, thanks

Thank you! Indeed it is a very fun club to manage. I got lucky with some amazing youth come through as well. Will check out your progress in the French thread.

April 2027

seismic month. With probably the biggest result in the history of the club.

spacer.png

I don't know how we did, but we have done the double over PSG. The fact that Mbappe missed a penalty, makes me even happier! And the last minute winner of course.

It came from academy boy Genteuil, who has just become yet another "wonderkid" from the Lens youth system.

spacer.png

Here is how the rest of the month turned out.

spacer.png

Perfect in the league, but we have an uphill battle to get through to the finals of the Europa league now.

spacer.png

We should do it from here. PSG have dropped 5 points in the last one month, and we have dropped none. Even with our tough final 4 games, we should be picking up the 7 points we need to bring the title home.