Recognizing defensive line and press

Hi. 

What would be the most effective way to recognize when AI is starting to press and play with high defensive line? 

I'm unable to recognize it everytime, usually if I'm leading I would go with more counter attacking tactic for last half an hour but sometimes AI just doesn't "chase" as you would think. Do you have any tips or clear signs that they're going with high defensive line?

I'm watching with extended highlights and as I said it's not always clear.

Thanks

12 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Hi. 

What would be the most effective way to recognize when AI is starting to press and play with high defensive line? 

I'm unable to recognize it everytime, usually if I'm leading I would go with more counter attacking tactic for last half an hour but sometimes AI just doesn't "chase" as you would think. Do you have any tips or clear signs that they're going with high defensive line?

I'm watching with extended highlights and as I said it's not always clear.

Thanks

The most obvious is during your goal-kicks. If you see that the AI team is cutting off your short passing options by playing close to your defenders, then they are pressing high. If your goalkeeper could easily pass it to one of the back 4, they aren't.

You'll also recognise it in your attacking play. During highlights, are you having lots of the ball outside of their box, which is tightly congested? Then they are probably not pressing high. However, if you are noticing that you are finding lots of space for your striker to run into during highlights, then they probably are playing high.