My 4231 tactic

5 hours ago, Hank Schrader said:

I want create a high pressing and fast transition style. Any change?

For a fast-transition style, I would rather look to avoid a DLP on defend duty and would therefore change him into a CM on defend. Because if you use a playmaker in such style of play, you want one that will be more progressive and forward-minded with his passing.

As for the other roles and duties, I would only switch the AMC's duty to attack and the winger to support. That would make the use of the BBM both more effective in terms of attacking movement/central penetration and less risky defense-wise in relation to the right flank. 

Switching Pickford to a SK (either on support or defend) would also make sense for such style of play, especially as he is absolutely suited for the role.

So the setup would basically look like this following "my" tweaks:

PFat

IFsu        AM/APat         Wsu

CMde   BBM

FBat   CDde  CDde   WBsu

SKsu/de

19 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

As for the other roles and duties, I would only switch the AMC's duty to attack and the winger to support. That would make the use of the BBM both more effective in terms of attacking movement/central penetration and less risky defense-wise in relation to the right flank. 

Can you explain more to me combination beetween two roles Amc-Att and PF? Because i think i don't have a DLF so nobody creates space for him's penetration(Amc-att). Sorry, if my english isn't good.

Edited by Hank Schrader

16 hours ago, Hank Schrader said:

Can you explain more to me combination beetween two roles Amc-Att and PF?

In this particular case, it was more about the partnership between the AMC and BBM than AMC and PF. And I did explain it already here: 

On 06/03/2021 at 18:05, Experienced Defender said:

That would make the use of the BBM both more effective in terms of attacking movement/central penetration and less risky defense-wise in relation to the right flank

16 hours ago, Hank Schrader said:

Because i think i don't have a DLF so nobody creates space for him's penetration(Amc-att)

I did not mention either DLF or any other striker role, so not sure why you are asking about it?

PF on attack duty is the one that creates space for the AMC on attack, who in turn creates space for the BBM as the deeper midfield runner. That was the point of the tweak(s) I suggested. 

8 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:
8 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

I did not mention either DLF or any other striker role, so not sure why you are asking about it?

PF on attack duty is the one that creates space for the AMC on attack, who in turn creates space for the BBM as the deeper midfield runner. That was the point of the tweak(s) I suggested.

No, i mean if i have two duties Att(AMC and PF) in middle, is it balance?

Edited by Hank Schrader

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for helps. Here, my result with MU, it's amazing. But again, i have another question. I have trouble when i against a strong team(liv, mc, chel, bayern,...), i can't beat them, just draw or lose. I had to save load to win. So why? my squad or tactic not good enough.

1681749501_FootballManagerScreenshot2021_03_17-20_17_09.37(2).png.200e78b8433d03edd80a881fbde38f78.png

1060873914_FootballManagerScreenshot2021_03.17-20_01_52_77.thumb.png.16d3d4e42f38effebcdd2bbedc6396c5.png

45 minutes ago, Hank Schrader said:

No, just few games against strong teams

So yes then :D I'm only pulling your leg

You have to look at how they're beating you, maybe tone down the TIs to be less aggressive

Edited by Johnny Ace

Yes, i usually lazy change something when it's good and because i have won so many game, scored so many goal before so i feel that i don't need change(when play with strong teams). I will follow your advice for next season

~~ Sorry if my english is bad

Edited by Hank Schrader

On 06/03/2021 at 12:02, Hank Schrader said:

fast transition style.

I would remove play out of defense, as it encourages your defenders to play shorter passes, which usually leads to slower transitions. Also with attacking mentality players wont really go for many wide clearances anyway.

also as ED said removing these deep playmaker can be beneficial. 

8 hours ago, CARRERA said:

I would remove play out of defense, as it encourages your defenders to play shorter passes, which usually leads to slower transitions. Also with attacking mentality players wont really go for many wide clearances anyway.

It's not that simple, though. PooD also tells your players to come deeper to receive the ball - pretty much everyone on a defend or support duty, both in defence, midfield and attack. What this means, alongside telling your players to play through the opposition press, is that you invite pressure - in turn creating space in behind the opposition defence, as well as the space they leave behind when they leave positions to press. 

All of that is an excellent setup for a fast transition. 

4 hours ago, Christopher S said:

Tuy nhiên, nó không đơn giản như vậy. PooD cũng yêu cầu cầu thủ của bạn lùi sâu hơn để nhận bóng - hầu như tất cả mọi người đều làm nhiệm vụ phòng thủ hoặc hỗ trợ, cả trong phòng ngự, tiền vệ và tấn công. Điều này có nghĩa là, cùng với việc yêu cầu các cầu thủ của bạn chơi thông qua báo chí đối phương, là bạn tạo ra sức ép - lần lượt tạo ra khoảng trống ở phía sau hàng thủ đối phương, cũng như khoảng trống mà họ để lại khi rời vị trí để áp sát. 

Tất cả những điều đó là một thiết lập tuyệt vời cho quá trình chuyển đổi nhanh chóng. 

Thanks,  in attacking i feel so fine, but in defending(against strong team) i always worried. This is two typical conceded goals, same place and type

https://streamable.com/4ollxl
https://streamable.com/x1p278

What is the reason?