recent patch impact

Been playing this game since it's launch, and im on a network game with some friends, we're in our 9th season

I love the work and continous updates to the game you guys push out!

I've just encountered what i think is a new change since the most recent patch update.

Once youth's appear in my own club i create a new shortlist for the youth of that year, and go to the global "transfers" and select the option to see all youth income in all clubs around the world.

I use to mark a lot of youths here, and add them all to my new shortlist, but for some unknown reason this is not possible anymore - if i try, the selection dissapears and i can only add the one player that im currently standing on, where i clicked for the "add to shortlist".

Is this on purpose? i hope not - please look into it, would love to see that re-appear in the game again, thanks :)

NB: Im playing on Xbox

Edited by Morten Daugaard

• SI Staff

Hi @Morten Daugaard, thank you for you post and feedback and apologies for the delayed response.

We have not encountered this issue internally, have you observed whether this behaviour is only in online career or have you also seen it occur on offline career games?

Also would it be possible to provide any screenshots or videos showing the issue and any other info that may help?

Would it also be possible to advise what platform the games host is playing on? If they have access to the Windows Xbox Edition it is now possible to extract save files to send to us for review. If this is possible I will provide instructions on how this can be done.

In the meantime we will continue to try and reproduce this issue internally.

Thanks again.

Hi @Michael Mallia thanks for your response.

I have only played my version of FM2021 (Xbox) online with some friends, and this is an ongoing game currently in season 9

Host is playing on Xbox Series X, i would love to get information on how to retrieve the savegame as we also has that other problem with Youngsters appearing in our squads eventhough they are not part of our club, i've mentioned that in another thread.

As we will continue our FM2021 save tonight i will try and capture some footage or video of the problem, i will keep you updated

I've just recorded what the problem is, but then i also found out that it is possible to actually mark more players, but still i think this has changed in the most recent patch, as this was my first time being able to actually add more than one player for the shortlist since the patch.

It seems you need to hold down the right mouse click much longer than before before activating the menu where you can add players to the shortlist, maybe this need's some tweaking, i think it was a lot better before, but now that i know how to resolve this, it's not urgent for me anymore :)

newgen_added_to_shortlist_problems.rar

• SI Staff

Hi @Morten Daugaard, thank you for your response and for supplying a video, we will now investigate based on the steps and video provided.

Regarding your query regarding extracting the save the host will need to have access to a pc/laptop with Windows 10 and the Windows Xbox Edition. I have supplied the instructions below. If the host is able to supply us with a copy of the save game that would be greatly appreciated 

f you are playing on console or switching between console and PC, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

6) Upload to our cloud service (details copied below)

If you are playing on the PC version, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account 

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

6) Upload to our cloud service (details copied below)

Thanks again for your post.