[FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.2* (Updated 17th July 21)

Tyburn

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff keen to try it because I'm  not a fan of attributes or stars. When you say it's removed the text re:ca and pa you don't mean the coaches recommendations about how good he could be?

8 minutes ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Good stuff keen to try it because I'm  not a fan of attributes or stars. When you say it's removed the text re:ca and pa you don't mean the coaches recommendations about how good he could be?

No. Just all the text that often accompanies the star icons. So rather than having “current ability” written everywhere with a blank space underneath/next to it where star icons would have been, I’ve removed the text as well.

UPDATE: Loose Files

Added a couple of loose files to download.

Changelog:

• Tweaked "squad depth position dialog" to re-add the headers. This is a popup panel in Team Report/Squad Depth.
  • Tweaked "contract information" to show text instead of stars in the "club info" section during a human contract negotiation.
  • Tweaked "team training coaches panel" to remove the bottom bar completely that shows coach workload and rating. The workload information can be found on the previous screen.

Installation:

Place the individual files in the corresponding folders in the skin.

The "team training coaches panel" file may be one you wish to back up, just in case, as it adds a little more difficulty to assigning coaches for training.

Edited by Tyburn

Really enjoying the skin, it's a fantastic challenge!

I was wondering though could you include the panel for the small stadium pictures in the club overview page?  I can't get it to work myself sadly

edit - I'm also wondering what attribute thresholds do you use yourself?

Edited by Brother Ben

18 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Really enjoying the skin, it's a fantastic challenge!

I was wondering though could you include the panel for the small stadium pictures in the club overview page?  I can't get it to work myself sadly

edit - I'm also wondering what attribute thresholds do you use yourself?

I think, to add a touch more difficulty, the wider the thresholds the better, and personally, I’d change them depending on what level I was playing at. So for Scottish league two, for instance, I’d have bigger gaps for the lower two thresholds (poor and average) and smaller gaps for the top two (good and excellent). Something like 1-8, 9-14, 15-17, 18-20. Of course, all personal preference :) I also use white, yellow, blue, green (in that order) for the icon colours, leaving black as un-scouted. Again, personal preference. 

I was starting to think about adding a few things to the skin, some graphical changes. The club overview panel was definitely something I was going to look at. I’m also keen to add match odds back to the schedule/fixtures screen, for instance.

Will have a look.

7 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I think, to add a touch more difficulty, the wider the thresholds the better, and personally, I’d change them depending on what level I was playing at. So for Scottish league two, for instance, I’d have bigger gaps for the lower two thresholds (poor and average) and smaller gaps for the top two (good and excellent). Something like 1-8, 9-14, 15-17, 18-20. Of course, all personal preference :) I also use white, yellow, blue, green (in that order) for the icon colours, leaving black as un-scouted. Again, personal preference. 

I was starting to think about adding a few things to the skin, some graphical changes. The club overview panel was definitely something I was going to look at. I’m also keen to add match odds back to the schedule/fixtures screen, for instance.

Will have a look.

Interesting, I like your approach.

I've gone for this for my LLM game

rate.png.83ef7fa1d7daa8919fc4762389e5f098.png

I just want to know what they are really good and bad at (at my level) then everything in the middle is ambiguous 

Edited by Brother Ben

hey if youre gonna rebuild the club overview screen, can you add a team city panel aswell as a stadium panel? if you feel it would take too much space to add both, you could try to add a selectable widget like alot of other skins use on player profile screens to switch between a training panel, a contract panel, the attribute panel etc.

also i found a little bug with the text reputation, every player in the game is listed as "obscure"1550134038_Screenshot(201).thumb.png.cd5e5ca1ce8274367bb386ed188efeb2.png

i really love your vision for this skin, it has already become a staple for me, keep up the good work.

58 minutes ago, eleghandi said:

hey if youre gonna rebuild the club overview screen, can you add a team city panel aswell as a stadium panel? if you feel it would take too much space to add both, you could try to add a selectable widget like alot of other skins use on player profile screens to switch between a training panel, a contract panel, the attribute panel etc.

also i found a little bug with the text reputation, every player in the game is listed as "obscure"1550134038_Screenshot(201).thumb.png.cd5e5ca1ce8274367bb386ed188efeb2.png

i really love your vision for this skin, it has already become a staple for me, keep up the good work.

That’s a good idea. I use city backgrounds as well as stadium backgrounds in my personal skin (although my city background pack is actually all overhead stadium pictures). Will look into incorporating both.

Thank you for pointing out the reputation issue. Not sure what that’s about. Will have a look at this first.

how can i get the player search back?

i dont actually think its that unrealistic (unless you abuse the more advanced functions) because in real life if you want a list of expiring contracts, just go to transfermarkt and its right there, same for market values. its not exactly the same (the player search shows all players within your scouting knowledge, transfermarkt only show 10 pages) but i assume that professional clubs have better tools than what is publicly available, also they probably have access to a database of officially transfer/loan listed players (clubs want to transfer/loan players they have listed, so the information is probably very easily accessible for other clubs). the only thing i think gives an unrealistic advantage is the player interest filter, that makes it way too easy to narrow down the search for quality and possible signings, but it can be disabled, so not a big problem. there are a couple other things like costum views, advanced search criterias etc, but you have to seek those out, i just wont do that.

i like that the staff search has been removed, because in real life it works mostly through previous connections and applicants, as far as i know there are no proper databases for staff.

sorry if that was a bunch of unnecessary reading, i just wanted to give my thoughts on why i want it back. 

Edited by eleghandi

18 minutes ago, eleghandi said:

how can i get the player search back?

i dont actually think its that unrealistic (unless you abuse the more advanced functions) because in real life if you want a list of expiring contracts, just go to transfermarkt and its right there, same for market values. its not exactly the same (the player search shows all players within your scouting knowledge, transfermarkt only show 10 pages) but i assume that professional clubs have better tools than what is publicly available, also they probably have access to a database of officially transfer/loan listed players (clubs want to transfer/loan players they have listed, so the information is probably very easily accessible for other clubs). the only thing i think gives an unrealistic advantage is the player interest filter, that makes it way too easy to narrow down the search for quality and possible signings, but it can be disabled, so not a big problem. there are a couple other things like costum views, advanced search criterias etc, but you have to seek those out, i just wont do that.

i like that the staff search has been removed, because in real life it works mostly through previous connections and applicants, as far as i know there are no proper databases for staff.

sorry if that was a bunch of unnecessary reading, i just wanted to give my thoughts on why i want it back. 

It’s detailed in the OP. Just remove the “sidebar sections” file from the “sections” folder. Reboot FM.

If you want to add back in the player search but leave staff search removed extract the “sidebar sections” vanilla file in the skins.fmf and look under staff for the staff search line of code to remove.

I get your point completely, although this functionality wasn’t removed with realism in mind per se, more with an added layer of difficulty. Personally it is THE element of the skin that makes the game more challenging.

Edited by Tyburn

Added a couple more loose files to download, including a FIX.

Changelog:

• FIXED: Reputation not showing correctly on the player information screen. Have removed and added it to the player profile screen.
  • Removed staff attribute icons and column headers completely from 'Responsibilities/Advice and Reports' pop up box.
  • Added fixture odds to the 'schedule/fixtures' screen as an optional dropdown option.
  • Added fixture odds and stadium picture to the right hand panel in 'schedule' screen and realigned.

Installation:

Place the individual files in the corresponding folders in the skin.

**ALL PREVIOUS LOOSE FILE UPLOADS ARE INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD**

i think i might have found another minor bug with the skin.

the fatigue tab says "a sports scientist is required in order to provide fatigue levels" even though i have a head sport scientist and another sport scientist (the youth teams have one each too876740693_Screenshot(202).thumb.png.710b474ecd7eb63de6a5687654d96051.png

997073741_Screenshot(203).thumb.png.e8dc060ef3547225c2ef402bae302a3a.png

its global too, if i add it to a costum view i just get a blank space.

im pretty sure its the skin because the way i fixed it last time i played was by switching to the default skin - close fm - clear cache - open fm - switch to your skin - close fm - open fm, and i cant find alot of threads mentioning it on the forum.

i have no idea what causes it, a couple days ago it happened immediately when i opened the game (i closed the game with your skin loaded the previous session) then i went through the process mentioned earlier and it worked again, i then played for a bit and after a friendly i noticed that it was gone, today i opened the game (with your skin loaded) and it was bugged again, then i went through the process and it didnt fix it this time for some reason.

have you had this issue too?

Added more loose files to download, including a FIX.

**IMPORTANT**

The new 'Club Info' screen has only been tested at 1920x1080 res. Lower resolutions may cause alignment issues. I hope to have a lower res option available soon.

Changelog:

• FIXED: Updated the "person properties" file to fix an issue with fatigue not showing correctly. (Thanks eleghandi for spotting this.)
  • CLUB INFO SCREEN: Added Honours panel, Stadium panel with picture, City panel with picture and a combined panel with both Stadium and City pictures and info. A new drop down panel has been added to the bottom right of the screen for additional customisation.
  • SIDEBAR LOGO: A small club logo has been added to the sidebar.
  • BIGGER PROFILE PICTURE: OPTIONAL: (A small adjustment to the 'Player Screen' if you use the bigger player profile picture option.)

Installation:

Place the individual files in the corresponding folders in the skin. Overwrite when prompted. Notes included in the download.

**ALL PREVIOUS LOOSE FILE UPLOADS ARE INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD**

image.thumb.png.30498217ab6e79d6b4abea0cdab1e4e7.png

Edited by Tyburn

Open "sidebar menu table" in panels/generic. Scroll to the bottom of the code.

Look for this bit:

<!-- Primary Logo -->
        <widget class="picture" id="lgtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" transparency="0.5" image_alignment="bottom">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="20"/>

Change the transparency (up to 1.0) or just remove the command completely. Save file. Reload skin.

Glad you like the info screen :)

Essentially you don’t. You can get individual training feedback from your coaches, you can see how your coaching system sits with the rest of the league from the staff tab. You can “sense” how well the game thinks you are set up from understanding the attributes required for each discipline.

The idea was to make the game more challenging and not rely on stars. I used to be obsessed with having those stars, for what the game thought was my level of training, as high as possible. I’d swap coaches around, tinkering, to get the game to give me the most stars I could get for each training discipline, without really even looking at a coaches full stats. Just following the stars.

I much prefer using “intuition”.

The first loose file update details the file used (“team training coaches panel”) for the thin bar that used to run along the middle bottom of the coach assignment screen. That bar details the workload of the coaches and it also used to have stars on it to tell us how good the training set up is. The stars are gone but I couldn’t remove the pop up hints that give text for how strong the training is. If you so wished for this information again you could just pop that original file back in. If you never removed it, then the information you are looking for is there. Just hover over the blank space.

This skin is great! But the 2 downloads are confusing me - can you please put the 2 files already together? I dont understand the background of the second file? Loose Files? What does this mean? Sry, english isnt my first language :(

58 minutes ago, Conardo said:

This skin is great! But the 2 downloads are confusing me - can you please put the 2 files already together? I dont understand the background of the second file? Loose Files? What does this mean? Sry, english isnt my first language :(

The loose files are updates I am making to the skin. If you have just downloaded the skin then download the loose files too and add them to the skin.

I have done it this way to allow people to update the skin as they wish, with the thought that other additions would have also been made to the skin from elsewhere, therefore ensuring users wouldn’t have to start from scratch everytime the full skin was updated.

I have actually been thinking recently that this method may just end up being more confusing for most users so in the future I will just be updating the whole skin.

If anyone has any objections to just updating the whole skin, who appreciated the method of using loose files, please let me know.

Apologies for any confusion.

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21

UPDATE: SKIN V1.1

CHANGELOG:

• Added player faces to the tactics screen/pitch
  • Added reputation and personality text to the human profile screen and pop up

All files from the previous "Loose Files" downloads are included in the skin, including the bigger player faces on the player profile screen. I will only be updating the full skin from now on. Please read the notes in the skin download.

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V1.2* (Updated 6th April 21)

UPDATE: SKIN V1.2

CHANGELOG:

• FONTS: New font to make the skin feel unique
  • Tweaked "human profile pop up" panel for better alignment
  • Removed CA/PA text from an inbox item
  • Tweaked the "player profile" screen for better alignment
  • Removed player and staff search from when unemployed
  • Recoloured the skin replacing most instances of purple with either black or white
  • Removed CA/PA on a tactic screen pop up and realigned
  • Removed "Staff Search" from Training/coaches screen
  • Added "Last Starting XI" to "Club Info" screen

image.thumb.png.67aa64622bd1c7880a76f652529baa3e.png

Edited by Tyburn

feedback on V1.2:

i like the option for last 11 on club overview, however i dont like that it tells specifically that 'haaland played as a poacher, chilwell as a FB, soler as a DLP etc' thats what scouts and analysts are for. i also like that when you hover over a players face you get a little info about their season, could it be possible to add the player profile hover widget next to player names too?

i like the color change, though it does look a little odd in a couple places (highlighting starters in squad overview almost doesnt change color, promises bar being black on dark grey), its not a major issue (i still use it), but it could be improved, i dont feel like fiddling with the file myself because i dont know what effects what and i dont want to spend the time figuring it out.

the font looks pretty good aesthetically, but punctuation around numbers is not very clear. for example, in my current save, my team has a 7.3somethingthousand seater, at a glance with the default font it looks like 7 comma 360, with the new font it looks like 7360, same with finances, i spent a second longer than normal to see if something was 1mil or 100k, so i switched back to default.

for the general fixes, i didnt notice many of them myself so :thup: for the effort.

not from 1.2 but the player faces in the tactics screen are great, i havent had any issue with it

i appreciate the effort to make a complete skin out if this, since the default skin can be a bit lacking in a couple places and im not going back to stars and exact attributes.

Thanks for the feedback @eleghandi

Adding the “little man” pop up is particularly tricky, in general, so I didn’t even look at this as an option, but may do in the future. I understand having the role may be a little too much information, however as it’s retrospect, it doesn’t bother me so much. 

I only made 4-5 edits for the colour changes, and they’re all at the top of the “settings” file. I plan on playing around a bit more with it, but for now, simply remove the lines I’ve edited one at a time to see what they do. 

Personally I am in love with this font! But I do agree that the decimal representation is frustratingly awkward at times. It was a compromise I was willing to take. It just takes a little getting used to. We can play around in preferences a little with how decimals are shown, although with this font I haven’t found anything to be better than the other unfortunately. I’ll keep looking for a more elegant solution.

I’ll continue to tweak the skin, here and there, but as always will give enough details, hopefully, for people to be able to use or discard my changes at will.

Next up. The “home” page is getting some love, including a stadium picture behind the “next match” information 😁

Edited by Tyburn

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, thomassang21 said:

My attributes are missing :( I chose the no star skin and restart the game but the attributes are still missing.

When you say missing, do you mean the numbers? The coloured boxes? Have you cleared the cache, unticked use cache and reloaded the skin after rebooting the game? Post a screen shot please.

Edited by Tyburn

Great skin! It fits very well with how I would like to play this game.

Yet since 1.2 Staff attributes are not hidden. They used to be hidden in 1.0, but as I moved to 1.2 I can see staff attributes again. Players attributes are still hidden, no stars, font is new, so skin is loaded and generaly works, but it still shows staff attributes (i.e. numbers, not colored icons).

Edited: I have managed to fix it myself by adding disabled="true" to every "record" in staff attributes file.

Edited by nully29

13 minutes ago, nully29 said:

Great skin! It fits very well with how I would like to play this game.

Yet since 1.2 Staff attributes are not hidden. They used to be hidden in 1.0, but as I moved to 1.2 I can see staff attributes again. Players attributes are still hidden, no stars, font is new, so skin is loaded and generaly works, but it still shows staff attributes (i.e. numbers, not colored icons).

Sorry to hear this. Another user had this issue with version 1.0! I can’t seem to replicate this problem unfortunately, and it seems pretty random.

As I was looking into it the user said that they went to steam to verify local game files, uninstalled my skin, reinstalled the skin, did all the usual open game, select no stars, clear cache, untick use caching, reload skin and rebooted the game - then the staff attributes showed squares again.

I’ll look into this more but perhaps try this in the mean time.

@sebastian_starttrbts Sorry to drag you into this, but any ideas?

1 minute ago, Tyburn said:

Sorry to hear this. Another user had this issue with version 1.0! I can’t seem to replicate this problem unfortunately, and it seems pretty random.

As I was looking into it the user said that they went to steam to verify local game files, uninstalled my skin, reinstalled the skin, did all the usual open game, select no stars, clear cache, untick use caching, reload skin and rebooted the game - then the staff attributes showed squares again.

I went to non_player_attributes_panel.xml and added "disabled="true" to every "record". It worked. Not sure if it was the best way to fix since since I have no idea how to skin (I do have some IT background though so I sorta figured it out)

1 minute ago, nully29 said:

I went to non_player_attributes_panel.xml and added "disabled="true" to every "record". It worked. Not sure if it was the best way to fix since since I have no idea how to skin (I do have some IT background though so I sorta figured it out)

Oh interesting! Thanks for sharing this. I’m no expert, far from it. I’m sort of learning as I go :) I’ll take a look at this method for future updates.

9 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Hmm, this is the first time I hear of this issue. Would be interesting to know whether the numeric values appear in every staff-screen, i.e. staff profile, staff overview (kind of list style), staff comparison or just in single ones to figure out which xml-file might be responsible. Most of the numbers are replaced via the player preferences.xml and sometimes we only needed to adjust the stars position to properly fit in. In addition I don't see anything affecting the staff attributes in the 1.2 (and 1.1) changelog, so I don't really understand why they "reappear" after updating to the 1.2 version. I haven't discovered anything like this in my skin so far. 

52 minutes ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Hmm, this is the first time I hear of this issue. Would be interesting to know whether the numeric values appear in every staff-screen, i.e. staff profile, staff overview (kind of list style), staff comparison or just in single ones to figure out which xml-file might be responsible. Most of the numbers are replaced via the player preferences.xml and sometimes we only needed to adjust the stars position to properly fit in. In addition I don't see anything affecting the staff attributes in the 1.2 (and 1.1) changelog, so I don't really understand why they "reappear" after updating to the 1.2 version. I haven't discovered anything like this in my skin so far. 

Might have something to do with me buying an in-game editor or switching to default skin and back. I did clear cache and reboot the game but still could be something about a file stuck in a cache. Once I edited the file, it probably was reloaded from the hard drive and that fixed the issue

Edited by nully29

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.0* (Updated 6th May 21)

UPDATE: SKIN V2.0

CHANGELOG:

Mostly a graphical enhancement update:

• A new custom redesigned "Team News" panel
  • Stadium and player face images added to multiple screens including faces on matchday
  • Club colours added to the top bar on multiple screens
  • Various other colour tweaks
  • Full changelog and notes in download

image.thumb.jpeg.7519b8974dc829f02f32022f69f36d0a.jpeg

Edited by Tyburn

Excellent work, removing precise knowledge about attributes and potential is such a good idea that in my opinion it should become a standard option in the vanilla game.  

However, is there any way to get the functionality of this feature without unrelated skin changes, like player faces showing up on the tactics screen?  I'd love to get the added realism and difficulty while still otherwise keeping the vanilla look.  Can I just delete some things in the settings without screwing everything else up? 

Edited by fakename1

1 hour ago, fakename1 said:

Excellent work, removing precise knowledge about attributes and potential is such a good idea that in my opinion it should become a standard option in the vanilla game.  

However, is there any way to get the functionality of this feature without unrelated skin changes, like player faces showing up on the tactics screen?  I'd love to get the added realism and difficulty while still otherwise keeping the vanilla look.  Can I just delete some things in the settings without screwing everything else up? 

I've PM'd you.

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.0.1* (Updated 12th May 21)

UPDATE: SKIN V2.0.1

CHANGELOG:

Apologies this update is so close to the last but there is one change in here that I wanted to get out asap. No numbered opinions from scout reports!

• Removed numbers from scout reports
  • Tweaked "human profile" and "non player profile" panels for bigger picture, extra info and club badge
  • Added club badge to "player profile" top bar
  • Added image of referee checking monitor to VAR popup panel in match
  • Removed "hidden attribute" dropdown option from player views and shortlist views in scouting centre
  • Full changelog and notes in download

image.thumb.jpeg.0437f6f9e2e5d0dfd54bc50c4f8c488a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e9314068228894ad7e853098b35e1a58.jpeg

Edited by Tyburn

Thanks for the update.  I'm crossing across one bug- in the jobs center, if I try to apply for an individual job the window starts to pop up but immediately disappears, and the application doesn't process.  I can click the button to apply to all vacancies at one, but not individual jobs (happens in both the updated and previous versions).  

Edited by fakename1

• Tyburn changed the title to [FM21][SKIN] NoStars+Attributes21 *V2.1* (Updated 6th June 21)

UPDATE: SKIN V2.1

CHANGELOG:

• Tweaked "staff profile" screen for better alignment
  • Tweaked layout of "development training" screen for larger player picture
  • Tweaked and fixed tactics pitch for player face alignment
  • Added nation flag to sidebar
  • Added squad personality to top bar on club info screen
  • Tweaked tactics pitch for first team players available for reserves inbox panel
  • Tweaked home page removing divider lines from "next match" panel

Full details in "Read Me" file in download.

On 06/06/2021 at 02:33, Tyburn said:

UPDATE: SKIN V2.1

CHANGELOG:

• Tweaked "staff profile" screen for better alignment
  • Tweaked layout of "development training" screen for larger player picture
  • Tweaked and fixed tactics pitch for player face alignment
  • Added nation flag to sidebar
  • Added squad personality to top bar on club info screen
  • Tweaked tactics pitch for first team players available for reserves inbox panel
  • Tweaked home page removing divider lines from "next match" panel

Full details in "Read Me" file in download.

@TyburnI don't know why but I'm using the skin but I see the non-player attributes with numbers and the player attributes like how should be, I clean cache, reload the skin, but doesn't work..

Screenshot (2282).png

Screenshot (2283).png

23 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Bah. I thought I'd fixed this.

Close the game down and try removing your cache file from C:/Users/*YOU*/AppData/Local/Si/FM21. Reboot game.

If that doesn't work try replacing the file attached: panels/non_player/non player attributes panel

non player attributes panel.xml 6.02 kB · 0 downloads

Okay, now seems fixed, thank you!

Screenshot (2284).png

@Tyburn Hi again, I try to modify the colour of the attributes boxes value into te skin setting (preferences-skin colours) but the colours still the same as default: grey, yellow, white and green. How to fix it and adapt the colours at the background options?

@FMLucIt doesn’t work through preferences. You have to edit the skin’s settings file:

In order to change the colours of the icon replacement squares/rectangles you need to edit the <!-- Profile attribute colours --> section of the “NoStars+Attributes21 settings” file found in the settings folder of the skin. The code has been added close to the top of the file for ease of use. Change the rgb values in both the standard line and the background line for the level of ability you want altered.

Check Notes: section of the OP for further instructions if needed.

Edited by Tyburn

21 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

@FMLucIt doesn’t work through preferences. You have to edited the skin’s settings file:

In order to change the colours of the icon replacement squares/rectangles you need to edit the <!-- Profile attribute colours --> section of the “NoStars+Attributes21 settings” file found in the settings folder of the skin. The code has been added close to the top of the file for ease of use. Change the rgb values in both the standard line and the background line for the level of ability you want altered.

Check Notes: section of the OP for further instructions if needed.

Done, I changed the RGB but still like always

Screenshot (2306).png

Screenshot (2304).png