My mate has set up an online career mode, when click go to join online game, I search his server name and nothing comes up, I then click his gamertag under created by and the game freezes and crashes to dashboard everytime.

Is there something we are not doing right?

My son and I can't seem to create online career game, I have it setup on xbox one and trying to add him via invite friend option under game status and whilst I see him on the list the invite button does not work.

The game is set up to allow friends only so this is fine - what am I doing wrong or is this a current glitch?

We are in same household, on same broadband system and he has series x whilst I'm on xbox one. Other games allow us to play online together so can't see this being the issue.

He also can't find my online career via search option.

Edited by Northerngod9

Me and my friend have this issue. It worked fine up until the patch on xbox today, now this issue is here and I cant search for any online games, neither can he, it's as if the connections dont exist. He cant incite when he loads the game up, the invite option for me isnt appearing. 

This seems to have been caused by the new patch today as up til then we had no issues. 

Me and my friend are having the same problem. Since downloading the update we can’t access the save and I did an initial separate save slot for it just in case the normal save corrupted but it saved it as a career save instead of a network one I hope it hasn’t bugged our save !?!?!?

Edited by Dre.p

Dont want to offend anyone but its getting kind of annoying, i mean every single parce the online game is altered. Thé brochet aide is, since it looks a lot like the problem we Had after winter patch, it shouldnt be that long

Yeah apologies for the inconvenience, we've been made aware of an issue since last night with network games and it's something we're investigating with utmost urgency. 

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah apologies for the inconvenience, we've been made aware of an issue since last night with network games and it's something we're investigating with utmost urgency. 

@Neil Brock

And how's that going? Previously fine network games now no longer work. Can we get an update here? 

Hi all, we believe the issue should now be resolved. In order for the fix to take effect you will need to close the game and restart it.

If you have are still having issues we would recommend checking back later in the evening, if the issue still persists after that then please let us know. 

I cant join my friends game to test for certain yet, but I am finding network games now, so it look like it has been rectified as that seemed to be what the issue was.

I have continously been playing a network game with a friend of mine for the last 3 months, and we stuggled a bit in the beginning with joining the network game, but then we found our own way of joining the game, and it has been working 100%, just follow these steps:

1. host starts the game, and loads the savegame

2. you select your friend (the host) on your list of friends in the xbox dashboard, click once so you get a new menu of actions.

3. select join game from the dashboard as this action should be available when your friend has started the network game.

4. if "join game" is not highlighted as white you can't join - then the host needs to restart the game and load the save once again

5. join as described above

On 17/03/2021 at 16:33, Northerngod9 said:

No and I no longer see the option to even invite a friend now. I see Add Manager but this reports that no more managers can be added.

Pleased I didn't pay for this game!

Is this still the case? Just to confirm, are you playing the game via PC or Xbox console? Are you running it via Game Pass? 

On 18/03/2021 at 22:52, Northerngod9 said:

Xbox one console and xbox series x console, both on game pass - wasn't working at 4pm today.

Can you just confirm, if you or your friend set up a lobby, neither can join the others? 

And in relation to inviting other players, there's no option at all to invite others? 

And just to confirm, you're definitely running the latest version? You can check if there's an outstanding update available as shown here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGGQyRnJmw

Latest version on both consoles, invite button cam be clicked against friend on list but does nothing but make a sound, same for other friends - add manager approach just says no more managers can be added.

• 2 weeks later...