Sponsorship 2043, does this seem correct or bugged?

My Wrexham side is currently top of the world, we are ranked 1 after winning pretty much everything there is to win for the past 4 years and on my way to my 11th consecutive title. My stadium "Joey Joe´s Arena" has almost 60k capacity, so the conditions are in order to hall in the big deals, also plenty of world stars in the team. It seems however a bit on the low side for the top 6 clubs, not sure, tried to google but it´s difficult to find total numbers.

I remember at one point M. City were receiving above 400 million in sponsorship income with no one even coming close to that. In the past few years they have all be around 100 million Euros with Tottenham getting a bit extra this season.

image.thumb.png.1ecff6fdd1ff6b548a9ea9bc75bf2609.png

Sponsorship income is not just going to be dependant on success on the pitch- the clubs at the top of the sponsorship leagues have worldwide supporter interest, so I would suggest that, despite your football success, a team from Wales, in a town of 65,000 that is currently playing in the Conference, would not and could not generate the same levels of worldwide interest as other top international clubs.  The game code will always try and reflect real life and your current game situation is not reflective of that.

I would therefore suggest that this is not a bug.

I suppose it depends exactly when, considering a number of Man City's sponsorships could be in some way tied to their ownership you might have been seeing an inflated figure due to that. Or it could be other things. Stadium sponsorships when moving to a new ground can be very lucrative and dramatically inflate a clubs sponsorship revenue too.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FrazT said:

Sponsorship income is not just going to be dependant on success on the pitch- the clubs at the top of the sponsorship leagues have worldwide supporter interest, so I would suggest that, despite your football success, a team from Wales, in a town of 65,000 that is currently playing in the Conference, would not and could not generate the same levels of worldwide interest as other top international clubs.  The game code will always try and reflect real life and your current game situation is not reflective of that.

I would therefore suggest that this is not a bug.

I know Juventus has earned an insane amount of money on the CR7 purchase, currently I have the two best players in the world according to various nominations, that should bring in a little. One of them has practically won all major awards for the past 8 seasons or so, the other guy always comes second.

Anyway, my concern was also directed at everyone else in the top 6, I think they are earning quite a bit more than just around 100 million irl.

Anyhow, a bit later in the season I got the following message which took my sponsorship for this year only to around 240 million, it´s a "one season" only deal. Could be how city had a whoppin´400+ million when I looked at them a couple of seasons back.

I have tried to find numbers on what sponsorships looked like in 2020 for the top 6 but couldn´t find overall figures, just kit sponsorships and other single aspects.

image.thumb.png.d329aa4b834e921949cd964acb48ff58.png

Edited by AurioDK

AFAIK there's a bug for a few editions already, that causes sponsoships to decline over time for all clubs. Just holiday for a few years, pick a random top club and check sponsorship money in finances.

24 minutes ago, yezzko said:

AFAIK there's a bug for a few editions already, that causes sponsoships to decline over time for all clubs. Just holiday for a few years, pick a random top club and check sponsorship money in finances.

I think you are right, I noticed that in my Gateshead save in FM 2020 which I had to give up at some point. At least FM 2021 gave me something for my Wrexham side, 100 million is fine ... with Gateshead I was getting almost nothing. I did notice everyone else going down in income too.