Patches

Can anyone remember from previous years if generally there are anymore patches to come out after the winter update  that has recently been uploaded.  From what I recall the last patch used to be  after Jan transfer window, but I think this was when the game used to come out in October years ago rather than the more normal November release, hence why I wondered if they would be anymore fixes.  The other reason is I reported a couple of bugs last year which have not yet been fixed so wondered if it looked like they would be

From the thread about the latest update:

A Final Winter Update will follow in a few weeks, covering the latest deals from transfer windows that closed in February, including the Chinese and Russian leagues, MLS, free transfers in the EFL and more.

So if there are any issues that SI find pressing and have fixed, I'd wager they would add it there.

Generally goes like this since the series started .... Beta Release , Game Release , Hot fix patch , Xmas patch , February Winter update + Fixes , On to next release .

Its really becoming a bit mundane every year to what they do but patches are better than nothing i guess

Edited by alian62

I'll be honest I can't really think of any particular patch cycle that is inherently exciting, as a patch cycle. 

When it comes to fixing bugs, the aim is always going to be to get them fixed but there can't be a set time scale on that from developers because resources are finite and some bugs will inevitably be a higher priority than others. Then again, even the highest priority of bug doesn't guarantee it gets fixed if you can't fix it, you can't fix it.

5 minutes ago, iLLs said:

when was the last DB patch? Waiting.... :/

two weeks have passed ...

The last data update was on the 23rd February- there will be one more with the final changes from the Chinese and Russian transfer windows, so what else are you waiting for?

48 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The last data update was on the 23rd February- there will be one more with the final changes from the Chinese and Russian transfer windows, so what else are you waiting for?

The Sunderland takeover?

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

Waiting for the final game databases

19 minutes ago, iLLs said:

Waiting for the final game databases

In the pinned topic for the 21.3 update, it was posted that it'll be within a few weeks, so it is coming soon. The update (and that message) is less than 2 weeks old.

On 04/03/2021 at 01:47, alian62 said:

Generally goes like this since the series started .... Beta Release , Game Release , Hot fix patch , Xmas patch , February Winter update + Fixes , On to next release .

Its really becoming a bit mundane every year to what they do but patches are better than nothing i guess

Well you say that but in terms of addressing match engine issues  it has been nothing so far.