My friends and I have created 58 new teams in Gibraltar. For these teams we have created logos, kits, stadium images etc.

When I load the game in my own offline version, ALL graphics work perfectly well. Additionally, when I host the online game these work perfectly as well:

No description available.

However, for my friend who has joined the online game these do not work and display as below:

We have tried many different tests to work out what the problem is. These work fine for my friend when he is hosting the game or playing offline, which means I have no idea what the issue might be. I would really appreciate your help in finding a solution. 

The FM Network game file can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j0kjNFXJsGRRpwPBO94LtWNn3BBc1p6l/view?usp=sharing

The generic blue home kit, and generic white away kit display for all teams even when graphics folders are removed.

Edited by thebosswebb
adding link

15 minutes ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @thebosswebb

Thanks for raising the issue, does your friend have all the extra files loaded when they join? Are they put in the correct place before starting the game?

Thanks  

Hello thanks for your reply.

Both of those screenshots are sent from my friend. The one that works is when he hosts and the other is when I host (the one when his graphics don't work). This happens to me as well when he hosts so it isn't an issue with any of the graphics files or configs, but rather something with the online game system I think? 

When we load the game offline it works for both of us. I have checked that the Unique IDs haven't changed and they are the same.

On 03/03/2021 at 12:45, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @thebosswebb

Thanks for raising the issue, does your friend have all the extra files loaded when they join? Are they put in the correct place before starting the game?

Thanks  

@John Kendall-Torry To summarise the issue, it is nothing to do with graphics mapping. For some reason in the online game, for anyone that is not the host of the game the kits are overwritten in the display/game UI as blue for the home kit, and white for the away - third kits appear to be untouched.

None of these teams have blue and white kits respectively, as demonstrated by the colours of the teams in the various bars of the UI. If it were a graphics issue then we would expect to see the kits we made in the pregame editor and not generic blue and white kits. I have spent many hours troubleshooting the problem and I'm confident it's a Network Game issue and nothing to do with the graphics/configs we have created.

Do you think you'll be able to find a solution? 

• Administrators

You'd both need the same setup and graphics files installed on both machines. 

Having played online myself as a client as well as a host, so long as the graphics files are installed specifically they should appear. 

They won't appear for the client if they don't also have the graphics files. The game only sends the game data across from host to clients, not the graphics pictures as well.

It sounds from my reading of the thread that the issue is specific to one user whether they are hosting or joining and so the issue would be with their graphics file setup.

36 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You'd both need the same setup and graphics files installed on both machines. 

Having played online myself as a client as well as a host, so long as the graphics files are installed specifically they should appear. 

They won't appear for the client if they don't also have the graphics files. The game only sends the game data across from host to clients, not the graphics pictures as well.

It sounds from my reading of the thread that the issue is specific to one user whether they are hosting or joining and so the issue would be with their graphics file setup.

@Lucas Thank you for your reply. We both have the graphics files installed on our machines, specific to the unique ID's of the clubs that have been created.

Both screenshots are from my mates computer, one from when he hosted (the one where the graphics work), and one from where I hosted (where the graphics don't work). When he host's the graphics don't work for me - just as they didn't when I work for him when I hosted. 

As you can see, the graphics works for 3rd kits. When the graphics don't work, it usually displays kits as shown in the 3d engine. For example for the club above in the screenshots "Alenard", it would be a green home kit. 

I think there is a bug in the Network Game such that for any newly created clubs, the kit graphics are overwritten by these generic blue and white kits for any player that isn't hosting the save. The client has had all graphics installed from the beginning, as have I. As previously mentioned, they work if either of us play offline as well. Sorry for not explaining that clearer before.