Ten point drop in wonderkid's determination instantly?

One of my wonderkids has just suffered a ten point drop in his determination. I got a message saying he had been "affected by off field events".  His personality type has gone from resilient to spirited.  Has anyone had this before? Is it likely to be permanent?  He had just come back from a cruciate ligament injury. 

1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Unfortunately, the RNGods have not been kind to you. The drop is due to a random thing that can happen (both positive and negative) for a few of the personality linked attributes. You can mentor it back up, but it's a permanent drop from his current level. It's meant to capture all "outside of the sporting world" incidents players experience that can change how a person is.

Ah ok, thanks. Shame although I suppose it's realistic. I'd half given up on him fulfilling his potential after the ACL to be honest...let's see if I can still get some cash for him. 

If you're curious there are other 'off the field incidents'. My promising youngster with Model Citizen personality due to off the field incident lost his ambition (that's what stated the in game message) and his personality dropped to a Light-Hearted. I don't think there was drop in his determination but still it was almost hart breaking for me watching my future to-be-captain getting that massive blow for his personality at age like 20 or something.