I did the same thing before I realised Baros wasn't Slovakian :lol: 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Intake 2026

6802fbc67229117394a158daf5c83f6f.png

My expectations were already low but this is worse than I imangined.Out of sixteen players,only the top four will be kept on as the rest of the players are not good enough for any part of the team.Also as you noticed with the HoYD's pick,he isn't even in the top four so the HoYD has just sealed his fate .I will keep showing the intakes to keep track but until we can improve the facilities,junior coaching and youth recruitment then I don't see anyone coming through our youth system at this current time.

Youth Intake Nationality Tracker

55c5f49ce2d17fe29a04a7ba3a5d855c.png

Posted (edited)

April 2026

Fixtures

7fb03f7c2dbcf12f724ba5705fe83787.png

League Table

bdbee4654df2f6a2131f6cdc5c1212f2.png

It was a really good month overall as we picked up ten points from twelve which has seen us move four points clear of Hostouň which means we have the advantage going into the final month of the season.We were also helped massively by Sparta Pragu B and Viktoria Zizkov B,both of which beat Hostouň inside ninetey minutes with Sparta Praha scoring their winner in the 94th minute!As for our performances,we had three excellent performances and that was most definitely the case against Pribram B where we played with ten men for just under thirty minutes.The one game where we dropped points was the penalty shoot out loss to Český Brod,if you take into consideration of how we have played since the break then you can easily see this was just an off day where nothing went our way in attack but the defence as always was brilliant.

We head into May with four games left to play.The first two matches are against Sparta Prague B and Admira Praha,I do believe we can win both of these games if we play to our best.The last two games will see a massive difficulty spike as we face both Slavia Prague B and Hostouň,we really could not have gotten a more difficult finish to the season as there are only six points separating ourselves and Slavia Prague B who are in third place.To make this month even more interesting,Slavia Prague B and Hostouň will also face each other so there are still twists and turns left in this season!

Edited by B.W.G
Posted (edited)

Not seen this for a while!
03649c5b76667ea7e3228564d4235ee2.png

Well it's been a while since I've seen my chairman leave,at least this chairman gave me two courses do I could get to Continental B license.So here goes Chairman #4,can't wait to see what Chairman #5 brings to the table.

Hopefully this will get sorted quickly as I don't want to have an embargo when the transfer window is open,so hopefully it will get done in the next couple of weeks before the season ends!

Takeover News #2

2998ff42391e142324891e8c5aa8e40a.png

That was a very quick takeover as it too six days from talks opening to the takeover going through.At least we only have the two games against Slovan Liberec B in the playoffs left to play this season!

Edited by B.W.G

May/June 2026

Fixtures

7b690a1c5f385279d60cd0e89578f37a.png

League Table

497475ffa566f0deb2daefafb6e83f33.png

Not only did we win the league title but we also won the Promotion Playoff which means we will be playing in the second tier of Czech football next season!For the league section,we actually had the title wrapped up after beating Sparta Prague B and smashing Admira Praha so that was fantastic to see us having won the title with two games to spare.The match against Slavia Praha was a joke and the ref might as well have been wearing a Slavia Prague shirt as he gave everything their way and this defeat is the one that has annoyed me the most this season,the last game saw us easily beat Hostouň and they can consider themselves lucky to having conceded three as Bartos had two goals disallowed!This brings us to the playoffs against Slovan Liberec B,despite both score lines being the same,we actually played better in the away leg than we did at home.We out performed them and full deserved in the win in the away match whereas we scored three goals from six shots in the second leg as we clinched promotion witha 6-2 aggregate victory.

End of Season update to follow then life in the second tier begins!

e9a8ad28fd84a68a99e50e1dfb96f608.png

Česká Fotbalová Liga Group A - End of Season - 2025/26

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Transfers - Released - Youth

The doors were very busy this season when it came to players,first off we released seventeen players as they had no future at the club.Three players left the club to join other clubs,two of which I had only signed this season so that was annoying.We bought in thirteen players this season as we looked to build upon last seasons ninth place finish.However two of these players who were signed were to replace Kolacek and Hartmann who both signed and left in less than a season!

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Česká Fotbalová Liga Group A - Winners

28ea01d37b97bdf0e9f8c62028b6fbd3.png

All I can say is what a fantastic improvement the club made as we won league nu a margin of six points ahead of Slavia Prague B,our improvements saw us gain twenty three more points than last season,we only scored three more goals than last season but we conceded thirty one less goals which shows we addressed our weakness.We actually started this season off a bit slow when it came to goal scoring but we were fired up after the break as we netted 30 in 12 games whereas we netted 25 in 18 games before the break so it looks like the signings of the two new forwards paid off.After we clinched the title,we would then clinch promotion after a 6-2 aggregate victory against Group B winners Slovan Liberec B.

MOL Cup - 3rd Round

9b950e56535efb24c9858009ff6b2c8c.png

It was a pretty decent run for us in the MOL Cup as we made it to the third round which was an overachievement for us.We beat Zbuzany and Taborsko in the first and second round respectively with the latter being a top flight side which made it even better for us.The third round saw us face Hradec who were also a top flight side,as you can see the better team did eventually win the game but it took a penalty shoot out to do so,even though we lost I can say it was a good performance off the boys as our defence frustrated the top flight side for a decent amount of the game.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

f9c081c28ae0af2f65b110dbe5aede9c.png

Milan Bartos

Marek Kapralik

Jan Rataj

Radek Zahradnicek

Vaclav Cizler

Manager's Thoughts

What a season and what an improvement in the team that was compared to this point last season.Not only did we win the league but we also won the promotion playoff at our first attempt which will see us play in the second tier next season.As for why there is a playoff,there are three divisions in the tier for two promotion spots but due to their being two groups in the Česká Fotbalová Liga,the winners of those two groups face each other for one promotion spot while the other promotion spot goes to the winners of the Moravskoslezská fotbalová liga.Unfortunately for us,despite winning the league,gaining promotion and putting on a decent performance in the MOL Cup,our rep is still rated at a local level with 0.5*,it has risen but not quite enough to get it to 1*.This means that any sponsorship will be at the same level as the last couple of seasons so I am expecting another sponsorship deal of £42.5k,money is still an issue but with us moving into a bigger division then more people are more likely to come and watch us so we may start to make a more substantial amount of money in the upcoming seasons.

As for next season,it looks like we will be staying semi-pro as the board actually turned down my request to go professional,this means we will be by far the weakest team in the league when it comes to status as well as probably being the weakest side when it comes to finances.I will be looking at strengthening the central midfield positions as my priority with MR,DL and DC positions being our secondary targets as I want to try and survive next season if we are staying semi-pro.I also have another space to get another coach in,I will be looking at getting a coach in who specializes in attack with tactical coaching as they are the two weakest areas but that role will actually be pretty easy to fill as there are several candidates who will be good for the level we are at.Time to see where things go from here,hopefully it will be into a brighter future.

Career Stats

ae98a98ca7e2d1e44e39c14ce2da1d51.png

11 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Milan Bartos,of course and i read Milan Baros firstly...:D

11 hours ago, B.W.G said:

I did the same thing before I realised Baros wasn't Slovakian :lol: 

Me too! :D

Czech Football Round Up

League Reputation

40afc780d7aa4f83501395d29ef9f936.png

77ba6a9a3de5ccc46b3cee138dd601b8.png

Great to see the Fortuna Liga moving up in European football as the rise to ninth place as seen them break the top ten for the first time.To make this even better for the Czech Republic,the Fortuna Liga has actually taken over Holland's Eredivisie!

European Football Round Up

Slavia Praha - Made it to the group stages of the Champions League after beating Dinamo Tbilisi and FK Partizan in the qualifying rounds.Unfortunately the came bottom in the group stage in which it was a group of death which contained Chelsea,Monaco and Atletico Madrid.

Viktoria Plzn -  Made it to the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League where they lost to Greek side PAOK.This loss meant they went into the Europa League Group stage,in the group stage they finished in 3rd place in a group that contained Lyon,RB Leipzig and Videoton.Their 3rd place finish meant they went into the ECL 1st Knockout round where the lost to Belgian side KAA Gent.

Banik Ostrava - Their time in the Europa League was short lived as they entered and was knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round by İstanbul Başakşehir.They were then moved to the ECL fourth qualifying round where they lost to Hearts on away goals.

Sparta Praha - One of the better performing teams this season as they made it to the quarter finals of the ECL where they lost 4-2 on aggregate to LASK Linz.However they did beat FC København and Real Sociedad on their way to the quarter finals so it was a good run.

FK Jablonec - They came in and exited promptly as they lost to Dynamo Moscow on away goals in the 3rd qualifying round,at least they can say the never actually lost a match in the ECL this season!

Champions League Progression

bba2659cb3d322bd2d068128cdaaf77d.png

Europe League Progression

bc366c7d3d266a7ea3fdd5a6dd282d82.png

Europa Conference League Progression

ba2cbb95db162d2c8b8abf322f079e4b.png

Fortuna Národní Liga - Pre-Season - 2026/27

Season Preview - Expectations

When it comes to outgoings,it was actually pretty quiet as we released four players who were not good enough and one of my B team players left to join a fourth tier side.As you can see we were really busy when it came to bringing players in as we bought in thirteen players during pre-season.We have strengthened the team a lot and we now have a decent amount of depth in the team in which I can hopefully say will be the foundations of the team come the end of the season.Every position in the team has had at least one new player join so all I can hope for now is that they can outperform our expectations.

Pre-Season Fixtures

c0f7f9257a2372e31710c712372fc45c.png

Nothing too difficult during pre-season as I arranged fixtures against fifth and sixth tier teams as I wanted to keep morale as high as possible going into the new season.I used a 4-2-4  formatiom during pre-season and I will be using the same 4-2-4 formation as it is the one I used in the second half of last season.The team cohesion has also seen a small improvement so that will also be helpful going into the new season as it means the players are more familiar with each other.

The Team

g5fa2074d8b816dfe5b44268dbafbe7f0.pnge8c7f4a192fefc418267a2a78eb8d571.png

Tomas Valenta

Jakab Molnar

Filip Horsky

Lukas Travnicek

Lukas Cernak

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was certainly a busy pre-season,it started off with there I wanted to strangle the new chairman or not,the chairman refused our request to go professional which means we are the only semi-professional side in the league but he did also accept requests to improve Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment so the club has seen it's first of hopefully many upgrades in the future.We were really busy in the transfer window as we bought in thirteen players but they are quite a big step up on the players who were playing in the first team last season so I know we are stronger than we were last season which is a big improvement which means we are ready to fight for everything this season.The other improvement the club has seen is that we are now a 1* Club with a local reputation and that increase has seen us net a £125k sponsorship deal which took us out of the red so I am really happy to see that as well as it shows the club is moving in the right direction.

For the upcoming season,we are expected to fight bravely against relegation which is what I have expected as well considering how good some of these teams are in this league.It also shows with the odds to win the title as we are currently 200-1 to win the title,this has actually improved as before the signings came in we were at 400-1 to win the title which shows we have improved the team quite a bit.As for the MOL Cup,we are expected to reach the second round and I am pretty confident that we can do that as we are facing either Tj Spartak Perštejn or Přeštice in the first round,both are fourth tier sides so I am expecting to beat either side so there shouldn't be any issues in the cup.The aim this season is to meet expectations and gain 37 points as that will see us survive this season so let's get things rolling.

Posted (edited)

July 2026

Fixtures

d79a4e9375f10bba26f44edad4d7d0ba.png

League Table

5665164b30751269b2626af0d8e7ba78.png

It was a very solid start to the season as we on both games with Prokop being the star of the month after netting five times in two games.Both games were completely different from each other,the match against Táborsko saw us just about do enough to win the game as we were slightly better than the opposition.The win against Ústí nad Labem was probably the biggest victory for us as like us they are very likely to struggle and are actually the nearest team to us when it comes to winning the title so to win the game 4-3 away from home is a brilliant,the only thing I will criticize about the victory was the fact that we blew a 3-0 lead and we nearly blew it and probably would of done if it wasn't for Prekop's winner in the 81st minute.

August will be a busy month for us as we play six times,five will be league games while the other is in the MOL Cup.In the league we will be facing Karviná,FK Baník Sokolov,Dukla Praha,SK Líšeň and České Budějovice.Pretty interesting month as we face one of the favourites in the shape of Dukla Praha while we will be facing thee of the teams who are predicted to struggle with those three being Karviná,FK Baník Sokolov and SK Líšeň,if we can pick up points against the weaker teams then I feel we will be able to survive,My aim is to pick up at least seven points as that will be a boost to our survival chances.In the MOL Cup we will be facing either Tj Spartak Perštejn or Přeštice,no matter which team I face,I am confident that we can beat them and move onto the second round.

Edited by B.W.G

August 2026

Fixtures

1dc4524fa6aeec34345e92beba627758.png

League Table

375197a10ce20d9370275c894c127366.png

What a fantastic month that was as we picked up twelve points from fifteen which saw us finished the month at the top of the table.We also kept four clean sheets in the league which was amazing and none more so than in the games against Baník Sokolov and Dukla Praha as we finished both games with ten men on the pitch,this made the win against Dukla Prague even better as we were down to ten men in the 80th minute so to score the winner in injury time was amazing.I was pretty angry in the loss against SK Líšeň as we blew a 2-0 lead and ended up losing.I am not expecting to keep this up but we only need nineteen points to survive from twenty three games so I think we are on the right track.For the MOL Cup,I said we would have no problems in progressing and we didn't as we hammered Spartak Perštejn 5-1 to progress.

Four games in September,three are league games and the other match is a MOL Cup game.In the league we will be facing Příbram,SDC Opava and Vítkovice in the league,I am not expecting to carry on this form but as long as we keep away from any potential relegation battle but I think we can at least get something against Příbram and if we do then that will move us close to survival.In the MOL Cup we will be facing fourth tier side Benátky n. Jiz,we haven't lost to them in our previous two meetings and I am expecting us to win to make it three unbeaten against them and more progression in the MOL Cup.

Posted (edited)

September 2026

Fixtures

98c9b89ba90aa76676a972f79947b0ca.png

League Table

056ed9d397b8fe1f72d2fd680570a214.png

What a fantastic month in both competitions!We picked up seven points from nine as we finished the month at the top of the table and we currently hold a four point lead at the top of the table.As you can see from the results,we stole all three points from under SFC Opava's nose while a late equalizer saw us snatch a point against Vitkovice so it looks like the opposition forgot to play till the end judging by the times we scored.The MOL Cup saw us beat Benátky n. Jiz with no problems and they were lucky it was only 3-0 in the end,the biggest result of the month and probably the history of the club came in the third round where we actually beat Viktoria Plzeň 2-0,there is no way that we actually deserved to win this game as we were second best throughout the game but our right back was also sent off but we managed to hold on and shock one of the biggest teams in the Czech Republic!

We play four times in October and all four games are in the league,during the month we will be facing Vysočina Jihlava,Třinec,Vlašim and Sigma Olomouc B.The most interesting match will be against Třinec,this will be a game between the smallest team in the league wo are surprising everyone vs the tycoon owned side and favourites for the league title.We should easily be able to pick three points up against Sigma Olomouc B as they have been really poor this season and are looking like certs for relegation even at this early stage of the season.I will be aiming for at least six points from this month as we look to continue our surprising run.

Edited by B.W.G
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Beating Victoria Plzen was pretty special at this stage, much like hour good form.

Are you trying to fun away the league? :D

Well the thought of the running away with the league did occur then Vlašim thumped us which gave me a reality check,unfortunately for SIgma Olomouc B they had to suffer my wrath in the very next game :lol: 

5 hours ago, deltablue said:

Great start to the season.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

You beat Plzen?:eek:

Not only did we beat Plzen but we weren't even the best side in the match :D

f5a8fac9171903dc5a906036c2dbfbd3.png

Edited by B.W.G

October 2026

Fixtures

b0e7f63438c0ddb68b9437b12186971a.png

League Table

6862c1a61f434394ce700c4788c4bb7d.png

That was a very good month as we picked up nine points from twelve in the league which saw us stay at the top with a four point lead.We had no problems in beating Vysočina Jihlava and that game was literally over in fifteen minutes,we were very fortunate to beat Třinec in game two and we were very fortunate to do so as we literally managed one shot on target so I was a bit stunned that we won.The one defeat of the month came in the third game against Vlašim and it was a well deserved hammering as none of the players really got going but I think it was a reality check I needed to show that we are still unlikely to runaway with the title.Unfortunately for Sigma Olomouc B they were in the firing line after we suffered a thrashing at the hands of Vlašim and they themselves got thrashed as my striker partnership of Horsky and Prokop netted seven of the eight goals between them,all I can say is that was the perfect repsonse to a heavy defeat.There wasn't any MOL Cup action in October as that resumes in November.

November sees a quieter month as we play three times,twice in the league and once in the MOL Cup.We kick the month off with the MOL Cup and we are playing another top flight side,this time it is against Bohemians Praha,we actually played them in the cup two seasons ago and we suffered a heavy 4-0 defeat so I am hoping we can do better than that this time around.In the league we are facing FK Varnsdorf and Táborsko.I think we can possibly win both games but I think both games will generally be low scoring matches as both teams have trouble scoring but they are pretty good in defence which is why I think both games will be low scoring,if we can pick up four points then that will sees us top the table going into the winter break and will guarantee us survival this season.

November 2026

Fixtures

c7be58becc55b3833c5bede03bb5e4de.png

League Table

1a06da1f9c9e25f4a3b717db129fea24.png

November went how I expected really as we picked up four points in the league which sees us keep top spot although the gap has now dropped to two points so it looks like it will be a very close title race once the break is over.As for the games itself.FK Varnsdorf have their woodwork to thank as we hit it three times but we still got all three points which is a brilliant win if we are to maintain our title challenge.I can't complain about the result against Táborsko as this match was completely even and the only fair result would of been a draw as a win for either team would of been an injustice for the other side.As for the MOL Cup,we fell just short of beating Bohemians Praha but we can be proud at how we did as we took them all the way to a penalty shoot out,our exit at the fourth round is our best performance to date in the MOL Cup.

Not a lot to say as we are now on the mid-season break and we won't be playing a game till March.In December we will be getting our youth intake preview,it cannot be any worse than last season when the intake preview was all yellow but this season we have had improvements to the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment so there may be small improvements compared to recent seasons.The transfer window will also be open but I won't be doing any transfers unless I have to,this means that I will only be signing a player to replace an outgoing first team player or one of my first team players receives a long term injury so at least things should go pretty quickly. 

Youth Intake Preview

24832bd099798545c2137fd098dec9a8.png

Nearly as bad as last seasons,if it wasn't for one green sentence then it would of been on the same level.Not that having a lot wingers is actually a good thing in my eyes so at least I know not to expect much from this intake.

You are performing miracles....in spite of your Youth Intakes!

Wingers are overrated anyways.....convert them to Central Midfielders! (CM-A works best):cool:

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

You are performing miracles....in spite of your Youth Intakes!

Wingers are overrated anyways.....convert them to Central Midfielders! (CM-A works best):cool:

Thanks!

Youth intakes who needs them :lol: 

Sorry I am more of a CM-BBM type of guy :D 

1 hour ago, B.W.G said:

Thanks!

Youth intakes who needs them :lol: 

Sorry I am more of a CM-BBM type of guy :D 

Only for converted wingers....lol!

I'd rather have a BBM type....but it is hard to find flashy, technical players who CAN tackle.....

Posted (edited)

March 2027

Fixtures

1a4b2a7c4470b19e1cd2c91af9b8d59f.png

League Table

e3f04a2e55bae21469c8d6dbbaf3bbc6.png

I'll start with off the field news as it was full of change when it came to the AMR role as Valenta and Cavanna who were my first and second choice for the AMR role left the club so I bought in Roman Lebedev and Kewin Cichon to replace them both which was kind of annoying as I wanted my original two AMR's to stay.It was a very good return from the mid-season break as we picked up seven points from nine and we now sit five points clear of Vlašim but with eleven games to go it is still anyone's title for the taking.We easily won the games against Ústí nad Labem and Karviná so both games were fair results.It was also a fair result against Dukla Prague as it was an extremely even game and I would also consider it quite frantic as it was back and forth throughout the game,anything other than a draw would of been unfair on the other side.

We play six times in April and we will be facing SK Líšeň,Sokolov,České Budějovice,Příbram,Opava and Vitkovice.I actually believe this is a very favourable month for us as we play three teams in a relegation fight,one team who are in mid-table while the other two are fighting for a playoff spot.We should easily be able to pick up at least twelve points which should be enough to see us keep top spot but we could pick up more.April will also see us get our next intake and I am not holding my breath as the preview was very poor,this means my expectations are extremely low so I can't be disappointed if we don't get anyone through!

Edited by B.W.G

Youth Intake 2027

a6b14602444127f72fa2496b37b65d2d.png

I can't believe I am saying this but this intake is worse than last seasons so it is clear as day that I need to make massive improvements to the facilities so it will probably be in the 2030's that we get a stand out youth candidate!

Youth Intake Nationality Tracker

1cbe5659ef4994ebc943bbd82c7ca3c3.png

April 2027

Fixtures

5b4df97a3b2f5084b389edd96588fbc2.png

League Table

b7f8bcc63e28be94be556908929353d3.png

It was a pretty solid month overall when it came to points as we picked up thirteen points from eighteen which saw us keep hold of first place but the lead has dropped to four points which shows it will be a very close right up until the end of the season.With the wins,the only real issue I had came in the games against SK Líšeň and Sokolov and it is to do with us conceding stupid goals right at the end of the match,we conceded two goals in injury time against SK Líšeň and we conceded two in the last seven minutes against Sokolov.For the games we dropped points,I have no problems with the 2-2 draw against Opava as a point is way more than we deserved and we would of lost the game if it wasn't for Opava's defence making stupid mistakes.We did lose 3-1 to Pribram,it was a really embarrassing performance from the team and of the fourteen players who played some part to the game,seven of them received disciplinary action due to their performance so it really was one to forget.

We come in to the final month of the season and we have five games to play,all eyes are on the fixture on 12/5 as we travel to second place Vlašim and it is a game that could potentially decide the fate of the league title,I really need to get the players up for it after the 4-1 drubbing we received against them earlier in the season.We will also be playing Jihlava,Třinec,Sigma Olomouc B and Varnsdorf,we do have the easier run in to the then of the season and I think 68 points could be the magic number that wins the title this season but I think I should be aiming for seventy points as that will guarantee us the title so all we need from the last month is four wins,it's time to see what the team is made of!

Posted (edited)

May 2027

Fixtures

87e5c6ebe59af4bea0f34680b79aa687.png

League Table

49973d2cdb074577ea8374b1c6da837a.png

We only needed to win four of our last five games to guarantee the title and we went and won all five matches.To make this even sweeter,we actually won the title in the game against Vlašim so to me this was the best way to wrap up a title.Overall I extremely happy with the way our attacking force played but once again the defence had moments of stupidity,this time it came in games against Jihlava and Trinec,the error against Tricnec was that bad it was mentioned as a glaring error in the round up despite the fact we won the game 4-1.I have no problems in conceding two goals against Varnsdorf as we both had similar stats but we were more clinical than they were so it was a hard fought three points.What a season!

End of Season update to follow!

Edited by B.W.G

Does that mean your in the 2nd Division? or did you make the Top Czechian League?

Congratulations on your title and Good Luck next season.

Just now, Hootieleece said:

Does that mean your in the 2nd Division? or did you make the Top Czechian League?

Congratulations on your title and Good Luck next season.

We're going up to the Fortuna Liga which is top flight in Czechia!

2 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

We're going up to the Fortuna Liga which is top flight in Czechia!

Champion's League in no time!  Just three teams to destroy first.

Nice work on getting promotion. Was that only 3 seasons early :D :applause:

Do you think you’ll finally go pro for next season?

Also, will your squad need an overhaul?

15 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Nice work on getting promotion. Was that only 3 seasons early :D :applause:

Do you think you’ll finally go pro for next season?

Also, will your squad need an overhaul?

Thanks,it was definitely earlier than I expected :lol: 

At the minute I won't be going pro unless something drastic happens as the chairman rejected my request to go pro :seagull:

It's a bit hard to tell,some of the players look like they could do a job but others will need replacing and most of the ones that need replacing are in defence!

Fortuna Národní Liga - End of Season - 2026/27

General - VisionFacilities - Finances

Season Review

Four players were released after their contracts expired and I had no more use for them.Ten players left the club to join other clubs with two of those players only joining us during pre-season which was highly frustrating for me.We were extremely busy as I looked to strengthen the team massively,during the season we signed sixteen players as I looked to stay up in the second tier as all players we signed were a big step up on the players we had at the club beforehand.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Fortuna Národní Liga - Winners

020a4a2aa70dc83afa6e2d95cc303ed4.png

It was a brilliant season overall as we won the title at our first time of asking and it ended up being quite a comfortable margin as we beat Vlašim by twelve points,it wasn't always this comfortable as going into May there was only four points between ourselves and Vlašim but they ended up imploding as you can see by their form graph.Attacking wise we were absolutely brilliant but our defence had quite a few moments of stupidity with most of those actually coming in the last few months of the season.Fortuna Liga here we come!

MOL Cup - 4th Round

d58ac8bc7b8f29929539a4af2f03af81.png

It was a really impressive run as we made it to the fourth round before we lost on penalties to Bohemians Praha 1905,I can be proud at how we fell out the competition as we gave it our all and gave the bigger side a scare.Two notable things came from our MOL Cup campaign,we had a giant killing in round three when we dumped out Viktoria Plzeň and the second notable thing was being named the overachieving team in the MOL Cup review.The competition was surprisingly won by Brno and they did it by beating Sparta Praha in the final!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

50a2b3afeff23809136872a6206235d8.png

Filip Prokop

Filip Horsky

Dean Sipos

Tomas Jurcisin

Lukas Cernak

Manager's Thoughts

So many ways to describe at how this season went and I think the best term would be giant killers,before the season we were 200-1 to win the title and fast forward to the end of the season and we ended up winning the league by a decent margin.This means next season,little old Xaverov will be a top flight team in the Fortuna Liga which is quite amazing as we have done it in seven seasons with the sixth and third tier taking more than one season to get out of!Our success this season has seen our reputation go up to "regional" although we have stayed at 1*,the annoying thing about this is that despite seeing our reputation rise,we are still below virtually all the other Fortuna Národní Liga sides but that will probably have changed by this time next year.Another plus or us this season is that this has been the first season where we haven't finished in debt so that is great for us and our sponsorship deal is up soon so that should bring in even more money for us!

As for next season,all I can say is that things are up in the air at the minute,this is because my chairman has been an absolute moron!First off he has rejected my request to go professional which puts us at a massive disadvantage against the other teams in top flight as they are all professional,then the second thing he did is take a loan of £1.2 million out so we can have 500 seats installed so the ground meets the Fortuna Liga's standard!I really hate this chairman,this is probably the one time where I would like to see my chairman leave as he is making things harder for me than it needs to be.As for the squad,I will be looking to strengthen the team where possible but due to situation caused by my chairman,I will be having to look at a different group of players as I may not be able to get the players I wanted due to not being able to offer actual contracts.Let's wait and see what will happen...hopefully it will have some good news for me!

Career Stats

4f0399ade7008519e6191933fa04a8cf.png

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

Sparta are running scared ;)

Sparta might be running scared,not sure Slavia are thought :D 

It will certainly be interesting next season,we have Slavia,Sparta,Bohemians 1905,Dukla and ourselves all representing Praha so it should be fun!

Czech Football Round Up

Fortuna Liga Reputation

381d72385034fe1a59c1ed98a5fd58d1.png

41ae746d5882a0df75d2df6f1e37f3a3.png

Great to see the Fortuna Liga Rep stay in the top ten as it means we will be playing in a top ten nation next season.As you can see there were no changes in the top ten,Russia aren't too far behind France and if the Russian Clubs can better the French Clubs then there is the possibility of Russia taking 5th spot.

European Football Round Up

Viktoria Plzeň - As the previous winners of the league,they went straight into the Group Stages of the Champions League,they finished bottom of the group but that is understandable as they did come up against Man City,Juventus and Sevilla,they did actually beat Sevilla in their campaign as they finished on three points.

Slavia Praha - Knocked out in the Champions League Playoff as they lost to Ajax 2-1 on aggrgeate.Their loss meant they were moved to the Europa League Group Stage where they came third in a group containing CSKA Moscow,RB Salzburg and HJK.Coming third meant they were moved to the ECL where they made it to the second knockout round where they lost 2-0 on aggregate to AA Gent.

Sparta Praha - Entered the Europa League at the Group stage,they would also get knocked out at this stage after finishing bottom in a group containing PSV,Olympiakos and Eibar.

Baník Ostrava - Surprisingly they had the longest Journey in Europe,they entered the ECL in the qualifying rounds and went all they way to the semi-finals where they lost 2-0 on aggregate to Swansea!

Slovan Liberec - They entered the ECL in the second qualifying round and exited at the very same stage as they lost 5-3 on aggregate to Swiss side Lausanne.

Champions League Progress

068033e2b296106a27d7d3203de13d04.png

Europa League Progress

60896a0d015180f2fc536935957471cd.png

Europa Conference League Progress

1eb334769d247199aeddae186412f61e.png

Fortuna Liga - Pre-Season - 2027/28

Season Preview - Expectations

Four players were released as they were no longer good enough for the club and their contracts were up so off they went.Meszaros left the club to join a B Team which I couldn't do anything about due to not being able to match the type of contracts they offered or even match the wages they offered.We did manager to bring in eight players all of which are a step up on the players we had which means we are quite a bit stronger than last season but they were not the original players I wanted as they were not interested in joining due to the contracts we offer not being the ones they wanted.I am happy with the transfer window but I can't help but curse my chairman which in itself was a regular occurrence during pre-season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

9efc9a80e9290623971ed89abd9e19cd.png

It wasn't too bad of a pre-season as we beat some big Polish sides but pre-season doesn't really mean much but it is nice to go into the new season with decent fitness and form.

The Team

f64b400fc75b547a6928ba168eb6e795.png55f242441757a7f7730e57642e792706.png

Dmitry Smirnov

A.Zhemaletdinov

Kirill Panferov

Andrey Golban

Manager's Thoughts

This has without a doubt the worse pre-season I've had to go through at this club as I get the feeling the Chairman is setting me up to fail.He refused all facility upgrades as well as Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment,the latter two being a surprise as we do have the money to upgrade both and easily stay in the black.He also rejected the scouting range upgrade which means scouts are stuck to scouting Czech Republic,I am thankful for the trial option so I can get a better look at players!The worse one of the lot was the Chairman rejecting the request to go professional which means Xaverov are the only semi-professional club in the Fortuna Liga,this also has an impact on training as I won't be able to do a full schedule as semi-pro clubs don't train every single day and that effects the development of the players.The financial side of things looks pretty decent as we have £302k in the bank and we are projected to finish on £796k when the season ends so that will be quite a bit of profit so at least there is a positive in all this misery,

As for this season,we are odds on to go down and everything is stacked against us,even the two newly promoted sides in Dukla Prague and Vlašim have stronger sides than us and all that means for us is that we will be fighting relegation no matter the outcome as we are at a massive disadvantage due to the clubs status.At least there isn't any expectations in the MOL Cup so if we do anything in that then the board will be happy but the main focus has to be on the league as I would like to survive but we do have a really tough game to open the season with as we will be facing last seasons runner-up and giant killing victim Viktoria Plzeň so that should be interesting to see how we can do against one of the biggest teams in the country in a league format.

Unfortunately for the club and not so much the chairman,I already have a potential escape route from the club and him,to make this even sweeter I would also be staying in Prague as  due to Dukla Prague offering me an interview which I went to so let's see what will happen with that!

Tale of the Tape

72ef53b00413eb1b7e8e7a675f4bddd5.png

db6ffb7b6fc343cf34ad64a07fe7c90a.png

It's a no brainer really and I get to stay in Prague as well so there is one solution to this.

Dukla Praha here I come!

0af77a0bf075fcb1539da6d70c3f78ab.png

Fortuna Liga - Club Takeover - 2027/28

308ac46363f40534adc81291748dc84c.png

The Team

2f3cc83b8aab6771661773e317cbf0a5.pngbacc08e320083d45028bae8cab44d3a8.png

Manager's Thoughts

It's a step up from Xaverov but it is one that will be more beneficial in the long run as Dukla Praha are in a much stronger position than I was in at Xaverov.The club has already played one game which was a 1-0 loss to Slavia Praha so that actually isn't too bad of a result against the reigning champions.I do need to some strengthening as I need to get a DR,MC,AML and a ST in and I think that will be more than enough to keep us away from a relegation battle.We also have an early showdown with my old club in Xaverov in two games time so I am pretty confident that we can get off to a good start.

July 2027

Fixtures

d367661593de0946ff23e51b0af2c64a.png

League Table

9c5cc2805df0b3d4de2fc59b458a9eee.png

What a start I have had to life at Dukla Prague as we won our first three games in charge,we scored ten in the process and didn't even concede a single goal.I wasn't in charge for the game against Slavia Prague but even so only losing 1-0 is actually a respectable score due to Slavia being the strongest and biggest team in the Czech Republic.Unfortunately I can't really pick up any problems that I need addressing so that may come in the next transfer window after we have played a lot more as I will have a better idea of the team.I am actually using the same tactic as I did at Xaverov last season so I know how good it can be but this is much better than I was expecting.We have also made four signings,two in defence and two in midfield but I am still looking for a striker just so we have slightly better depth to the team.

We play five more times in Auguest,four in the league and one in the MOL Cup.In the league we will be facing Mladá Boleslav,Baník Ostrava,Teplice and Slovan Liberec,I think this is the ideal month for me as we are playing supposedly bigger teams so it should give me a better idea and what needs to improve,if we can stay away from the relegation zone then that will be even better for us as I do not want to be dragged into a relegation fight so I will be doing my best to get wins to keep us away from a potential battle.No idea who we will be facing in the MOL Cup but I need to win as the board has expectations of us reaching the Fourth Round,a second round exit would be a disaster but I am confident we can beat most of the teams at this stage.Off the pitch I will be looking at bringing in a striker as that is the only role where I am not 100%,if we can get another one player in for that role then I will be happy.

August 2027

Fixtures

d9586218dbfebcf909a587d362d999b7.png

League Table

d040b116a160923e689fd3a80ac88976.png

I think I can say that we passed our test in August with flying colours and makes me think we should be mid-table or possibly pushing for the Championship Group as we seem to be very good in attack and our defence is pretty solid.No real complaints from this month,the only thing worth noting is that our finishing was below our normal standard in the game against Teplice as we had over twenty shots but only managed one goal.As for the loss,I can't complain as Banik Ostrava were the better team but even then it took them till injury time to get the winner so I think it was a good display against one of the regular European teams.The MOL Cup went as I expected as we got through with very little issue,the fact that we won 6-0 despite playing a rotated side shows you how good the depth is at the club and that means its onto round three we go!

Only four games in September,three in the league and one in the MOL Cup.In the league we actually have two derbies to play and we will be away for both of them,we will be facing Bohemians Praha in the first league game of the month and Sparta Praha in the third league game of the month,in between them we will also be facing Slovácko who I think we should be able to beat but we will still need to be careful though as things don't always go to plan.As for the MOL Cup,I really can't say anything as I don't know who we will be facing but all the teams who are competing in Europe enter at the third round so there is definitely the potential for a tricky tie but we will see what will happen.If we get a weaker side then I will be expecting us to progress but if it's a stronger team then who knows what will happen.

September 2027

Fixtures

81798021481c1037ed6a12ec4a8736de.png

League Table

c82ec7ccf607ec5d70b316f504024884.png

We picked up four points in what was a pretty tough month.We had no problems in disposing of Slovácko for out only win of the month.For the two games we dropped points in,I can't complain about the result against Bohemians Praha as the better team won that game while Sparta Praha can count their lucky stars they got a point as we were the much better side and we really should of won the game but luck wasn't on our side as we had two goals disallowed.In the MOL Cup we easily beat Domalice in the third round and we did it with a semi-rotated side so I am pleased with the result as we move onto round four which meets the boards expectations.

Four games in October,all of them are in the league as the MOL Cup will resume in November.We will be facing Viktoria Plzeň,Vlašim,Hradec Králové and Jabloec,if we are going off current form then we should do quite well as we are facing three team who are towards the bottom of the team so I think we could easily pick up seven points from those three games.The big game of the month is easily the match against Viktoria Plzeň,we are coming up against a side who are constantly in Europe so we need to play to our best and if we can beat them then we would actually move above them in the table which could be massive in our quest to get in the championship group.

Looks like a well positioned platform to launch for a European placing. Incidentally, what are they?

Also had to do a double take who you were, as I forgot you switched clubs.

27 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Looks like a well positioned platform to launch for a European placing. Incidentally, what are they?

Also had to do a double take who you were, as I forgot you switched clubs.

As the Czech Republic (or Czechia) has done quite well in Europe in recent years,the European spots consist of 2 Champions League places,1 Europa League place and 2 Europa Conference League Places.Really got to thank Slavia Praha for their hard work :D 

At least I don't have to change the thread title due to still being in Prague :lol: 

19 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Great read, good luck with Dukla !

Sorry everyone that I've not done any updates recenty,I work in non-essential retail and this week has been a nightmare :lol: 

October 2027

Fixtures

a3d11d97081bf3ef65875c9e76b166b3.png

League Table

7062f8aae27ff16706cef6b8ef1282e2.png

Another solid month as we went unbeaten through October,I can't complain at any of the performances as we have been solid both in attack and in defence.The win against Viktoria Plzeň could be a massive win in the rest of the season as they will be one of the main teams fighting for the second Champions League spot.The boys also deserve a lot of credit against Vlašim as we were 2-0 down so to get a point out of that game was great as I generally thought we were heading for defeat in that match.No problems in either of the two matches at the end of the month as we easily won both games.We finished the month in third place and we are only two points behind Slavia Praha,it is also great to see a Praha 1-2-3!

We play four times in November,three are league games and one in the MOL Cup.We kick the month with the MOL Cup match and we will be facing Vlašim in the fourth round,I generally believe we can win that match and progress to the next round which will be my best performance in the competition,it won't be Dukla Prague's best performance as for me to equal that I will need to get to the final.In the league we will be kicking off the second half of the season with games against Slavia Praha,Zlín and Xaverov,I am pretty confident we can easily pick up six points as Zlín are not doing too well while Xaverov are just here to make up the numbers.The big game is against Slavia Praha,this will be an interesting match as it's first vs third and if we can win this then we could go top of the table depending on Sparta Praha's result so things are definitely heating up but my first priority should be getting into the Championship group so as long as we stay in the top six.

Getting in the Championship Group is only half the battle.....realize that the better your seeding, the more home matches you have against the other five teams. So there is always a reason to be First in the table.

60 points almost guarantees a spot...

10 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Getting in the Championship Group is only half the battle.....realize that the better your seeding, the more home matches you have against the other five teams. So there is always a reason to be First in the table.

60 points almost guarantees a spot...

Now I really want first place,we could of got first place after we beat Slavia Praha (Thanks VAR!) but Sparta won their game but we are up to second at the minute but we are only one point behind Sparta Praha,