Prague-tice Makes Perfect

More Takeover News!

56d0144a754309a294b19ccfeff64e77.png

b54741f3eba20ef1f42e13a14503af12.png

Well this takeover certainly isn't taking it's time like the last one as I've still not got to the last game of the season.So it looks like there are three consortiums after the club,Ciganek can go to hell with naming a new manager as I have been in the position of losing my job after a takeover on FM10 so my vote goes to Podebradsky or Korselt just to spite the other one!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastest Takeover Ever!

fa40c7120292141b7d5bc385be031678.png

3e5f9d36166fc48a5eae8cc6af7a5430.png

This literally happened one day after the previous post!This isn't who I wanted to takeover but at least he hasn't kept his promise of naming a new manager so I should be safe!

May/June 2024

Fixtures

86a6deb08f73cf1245da739a88a2d419.png

League Table

475130164a77a1ad4dc629e8653a8ea6.png

Three wins from the last four matches was enough to see us win the title and clinch promotion to the third tier which made it back to back to back promotions.Talking of back to back to back,I really have to praise Xuan Hung who netted three successive hat-tricks (the first one was last game of April!),This month feature two solid wins over Katovice and Klatovy while we beat Spartak Příbram in a thrilling match which could have ended up at any possible score as both teams had numerous chances.The loss to SK Rakovnik was an extremely poor performance in which we never got going and we deserved to get beat,this loss to them also means SK Rakovnik did the double over us this season which annoys me greatly.

End of Season update to follow then onto life in the third tier!

e9a8ad28fd84a68a99e50e1dfb96f608.png

Divize A - End of Season - 2023/24

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

We began our culling of the deadwood as we released twenty two players,these players were that bad that only one of the released list is still playing football!Only one left the club to join another and the was Ondrej Barta who moved to a club in the fifth tier.We brought in ten players over the couse of the season,nine of which were for the first team while Duda was bought in as a replacement for the outgoing Barta.

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Competitions

Divize A - Winners

3111c89f587fa92e3f9f346065eea484.png

What a season that was as we won the title with a gap of four points to gain promotion to the third tier.I am so proud of the boys as we outperformed our expectations of a mid-table finish,I have the attacking trio of Zalund,Xuan Hung and Okoh to thank as they netted fifty five league goals between them.The only worrying thing to come from our league campaign this season was actually the attendance figures,you're not seeing that wrong as we only averaged 129 people which is a lower figure than when we were in tier five and six!

MOL Cup - 3rd Round

a27cd43cae63a69c19b5a9ea914b8ac5.png

It was a great performance in our first time in the MOL Cup where we were knocked out by Hradec who are a top flight side and even then they only scored their second goal after we went down to ten men.The biggest result for our run was the 3-1 win over Chrudim who are (were) a second tier side.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Best XI - Accolades 1 - 2

b2ffe0a3e8633637d9c3249a49df67c6.png

Dominik Chalopka

Jakub Zalund

Nguyen Xuan Hung

Marko Markovic

Samuel Getu

Manager's Thoughts

What a season that was as we won promotion to make it three promotions in a row as we will be in the third tier next season,it was a pretty close run thing as we won the title by just four points which shows it wasn't a guaranteed thing going into the last couple games of the season.We have started to hit a couple of problems now so it will be interesting to see what I can do from the situation I find myself in,the finances are not great and we are in the red in which there is no sign of getting out of that anytime soon which is the biggest problem as the new chairman wants us to repair the clubs financial damage,I am not even sure that I can do that as the only players I could possibly sell are my youth players but they are not good enough for us to sell!The other way for us to get money in would be the match day income but with our average attendance being less than what it was in our second season in tier six,there is no money coming from that either!We are due to a new sponsorship very soon,the only positve I have out of that is that the club is now rated as local and not obscure so we should be able to get a bit more money than the usual £17k we have been getting.

Things do not look pleasant for us next season as I have to deal with a combo of repairing the clubs financial damage while fighting bravely against relegation.This for me means that if we are getting players in then it will be on amateur terms and any youth player who is on any sort of wage will be gotten rid of if they look like they will fail to make the grade at the club.At least I don't have to wait for a transfer embargo to end as we had one of the quickest takeovers ever so I can get down to building a team for the new season straight away.This is where the real test of this save begins so let's see what we are made of!

Career Stats

d92679768ff27e3923323df7bcd7f917.png

Another takeover?!

They’re almost as collectable as promotions.

Speaking of which, congrats 🥳 

Next season looks challenging, and the board look like they want the glory without the investment.

The top 6 or so players definitely looked like they were comfortable in this division just by the stats. That should be some sort of base to build on hopefully :kriss:

9 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Another takeover?!

They’re almost as collectable as promotions.

Speaking of which, congrats 🥳 

Next season looks challenging, and the board look like they want the glory without the investment.

The top 6 or so players definitely looked like they were comfortable in this division just by the stats. That should be some sort of base to build on hopefully :kriss:

Thanks!

Another takeover,three promotions and now four chairman :D 

Honestly I will only be doing a small bit of transfers for the actual first XI then look to bring in some squad players.As you can see,the places I want to strengthen for the first XI are the ST,ML,DL and DC roles.

3fc96dfda0a260b575d648f63a231fc5.png

Czech Republic European  Round Up

eea51066b6bd523b848ae4321b9e1851.png

Great to see the Forutna Liga move up in the European Competition rankings as it now sits in 17th two years in 21st.I think there is one reason and one team why the league rep as shot up as I didn't expect them to do what they did!

European Performances

Slavia Praha - The Champions League portion didn't go to plan for them as they were knocked out in the third qualifying round by Videoton.This loss meant they went into the Europa League Playoff where they were dumped out by Astana.Losing in the playoff meant Slavia Praha entered the group stage of the Europa Conference League where they made it to the final but ended up losing to Athletic Bilbao.There run was really impressive as they knocked out Arsenal in the semi-final!

FK Jablonec - Entered and exited at the second qualifying round where they lost 3-2 on aggregate to Croatian side HNK Gorca.

Viktoria Plzn - Made it to the fourth qualifying round where they lost to Koln 5-0 on aggregate so at least they lost to a decent team.

Sparta Praha - Had a good run in the Europa Conference League where they made it to the Second Knockout Round where they lost to 3-2 on aggregate to Club Brugge.

Champions League Progression

de71e2d2854b063bc87d56f38e4f4e89.png

Europa League Progression

e1414fb6ffcbbbf41606d4bc53ab4c83.png

Europa Conference League Progression

f8af23b167a7abe2a15b18053c5cbdee.png

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

It's nice to see another promotion ticked off.

If the odds are anything to go by in the new season then it could be a while if we are to get promotion again!

54 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Great read so far.

Česká Fotbalová Liga Group A - Pre-Season -2024/25

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

The culling continued as we released another eighteen players,this was because their star rating for potential ability had fallen between 0.5* - 1.5* so I didn't see the point in keeping them as they were never going to play for us any more.We've bought in five players,they were for positions I had identified during pre-season so I have addressed those issues so all these players will be in and around the first XI.I still need to get a few more players but they will be squad players,I do have offers in for a DRC and a DR to give us some more depth so I am hoping both players will accept the deal as they are both better than current back up options.

Pre-Season Fixtures

5792f95377037f48eb80869481e76d6e.png

I didn't do as much as I usually do with regards to pre-season fixtures as I prioritized bring in player for the first tea.The football we played was pretty good but these two were mainly for fitness purposes but I am not bothered by the loss as pre-season generally means nothing.

The Team

6439705b1c7ceabd59664dee41ddbef1.pngb6e782f89c6a41228abb316c0818057c.png

Nguyen Xuan Hung

Michal Kubik

Jan Strasky

Martin Vencl

David Zurek

Manager's Thoughts

Only took a matter of days for me to start hating my chairman as he refused my request to go on a coaching course so I can get my continental C badge as he doesn't want me attracting attention of other teams!There was also a major plus in regards to the finances as our new sponsorship deal is worth £42.5k which is quite a rise compared to the £17k we were getting in tiers 4-6 which means that we are no longer in the red and projections seems positive as they look to be going up each season,things are looking up for the long term future.I think we have done well in the transfer window as I have been able to strengthen the weakest areas so we do have a solid starting XI,there are some roles which I need to get some decent backup for but that is work in progress so hopefully I will be able to get them in before the transfer window closes.

For the new season we are up against it as we are one of the favourites to go down so in my eyes this is going to be a very long season,looking at the previous seasons we should be aiming for thirty points as that will be guaranteed safety for us.The boards expectations for the MOL Cup is reach the first round which is certainly doable as we have been drawn against Přeštice who we beat twice in Divize A last season so we I am expecting us to reach the first round.Well time to see if we sink or swim at this level,hopefully we are give something to keep us afloat!

July 2024

Fixtures

cd4d55e4fb0051f026df7953a229a476.png

League Table

5dd971662224a15066c46487f6b3dcb0.png

We did some off the field work as we bought in David Petrzilka and Jakob Primus to help give us a bit more depth to the defence,especially on the right hand side as outside of our first choice,the next best DR was rated at 1.5*,I think transfers is something I have to keep looking at and the ML role is the next one to look at as that is the next weakest area.On the pitch we had brilliance and frustration all in one month,we were brilliant in the first league game and we fully deserved the three points.The game agaisnt Mlada Boleslav B was really frustrating,we made stupid mistakes in defence which cost us goals and to top it off we missed some absolute sitters,we really should of won this match and I can only hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.As for the MOL Cup.there are three guarantees in life and they are death,taxes and us giving Přeštice a thumping,we have now scored sixteen goals past them in three games.This victory also means we have met the boards expectations of reaching the first round so that is job done for us.

August brings us six more games,five in the league and one in the MOL Cup.In the league we are facing Pribram B,Motorlet Praha,Hostouň,Slavoj Vyšehrad and Bohemians 1905 B.It's too early to make guesses at how we should be doing so all I want us to do is keep picking up points as I want to get to thirty points to ensure we stay up,this month also sees us play two local teams in Motorlet Praha and Bohemians 1905 so they will be interesting games for us and I really want to win them.I think the most intriguing game for me actually comes against Slavoj Vyšehrad as it was just last season we were playing their B team in Divize A and now I get to see what the first team is made of at this early stage.Off the field I will be looking at getting in a ML before the transfer window but other than that I wouldn't be expecting much else.

An extremely late winner!

f3208d83863123d46285c02ed0e70f28f.png

How to snatch three points by the skin of your teeth!

August 2024

Fixtures

78ad27bcfb137fe9766524a5d80796fe.png

Table

bd074db4b52fb82e540518bbc4843307.png

Don't let the results fool you as if we were basing on performance then we would of only won one game and that was the Slavoj Vyšehrad game,the only reason why I can think we played so well in that game was that all eleven starters from the 3-0 loss to Hostouň were disciplined as they all dropped performances of 6.3 and less so to me it was a response to that happening.As for the other three wins,we literally beat Pribram B in the last minute of the game with a penalty,Motorlet Praha should of been out of sight by the end of ninety minutes and Bohemians 1905 B had strikers on who must of been playing with a blindfold on as they failed to hit the target after we were outshot 17-9!Thankfully with fourteen points on the board,we only need sixteen more from the next twenty three games and we will be safe!As for the MOL Cup,we got past SK Rakobnik with a 1-0 win which is a massive improvement on our two losses to them last season but Bohemians Praha slaughtered us and it could of been much worse than a 4-0 defeat.

September sees us play four more times,we will be facing Hořovicko,Králův Dvůr,Zápy and Vltavín.It will be interesting to see how we do as we play three teams who are all around the same position,if we can get some decent results against the three teams who are currently below us then that will be a massive boost towards our survival chances.The team I am not looking forward to facing is Zápy,I think the only way we stand a chance of winning is if they go down to ten men as that is what happened in both of their games they have lost this season,they are also expected to finish in mid-table so they are exceeding those expectations so far which it means it will be a very tough match between two overachieving teams!

It doesn’t look like a tough start to the third tier, but the way you talk about it it is.

I’d then say it is a good start. Goals at both ends, suggest a need to tighten up the defense though.

Evolution, not revolution. What happens if your chairman keeps refusing requests, change clubs?

55 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

It doesn’t look like a tough start to the third tier, but the way you talk about it it is.

I’d then say it is a good start. Goals at both ends, suggest a need to tighten up the defense though.

Evolution, not revolution. What happens if your chairman keeps refusing requests, change clubs?

It's been a good start results wise but it's been anything but smooth sailing as we have had a lot of luck.

Oh trust me,I tried to tighten my defence up after a 4-4 draw,it worked for two games then we had a 4-3 win!

This chairman will be like all the others and that ends with me outlasting him :D 

September 2024

Fixtures

2c0041bb687de303edeb2801eb883c77.png

League Table

4017722ffe25d2f00a74a74ec66ca4ff.png

The overachieving continues as we picked up eight points from twelve which has seen us finish the month in fourth,as you can see the goal scoring has been pretty great,the defensive side of things on the other hand hasn't been so great.After the penalty shoot out win over Hořovicko,I decided to drop a striker and go with a 4-3-3,the next two games saw us play much better in defence while still keeping the quality attack up,the 1-0 loss to Zápy was just us being unlucky as the crossbar saved them twice.The the last game off the month happened and out went the hard work we put into defence in the last two games as we ran out 4-3 winners.it was a deserved victory but I would have preferred not to have conceded three goals in the process,surprisingly we were deadly from set pieces which is unusual for us as that isn't normally our source of goals.

October brings us four more league games and there is a lot of Prague involved as we are facing Dukla Prague B,Benátky n Jiz,Slavia Prague B and Sparta Prague B.We are doing great but my main aim for October is not to concede as many goals as we have done,we only need eight points from the remaining nineteen games so barring a massive downturn in form then we are pretty much safe.I think we should beat Benátky n Jiz but I am completely unsure of the games against the Prague B teams as I don't know who will be playing and if they will be playing some of their first team players as there isn't any registration rules at this level.If we can get more than three points then that will be a success as that brings us closer to survival!

October 2024

Fixtures

7cdb1de8390f8793a565b8bb1f0e077d.png

League Table

9bc116e249163eb7b521133445ffd37c.png

Well two wins out of four wasn't too bad as we finished the month in fifth and we still conceded less goals than last month and we even kept a clean sheet which is a bonus!We had two solid wins over Dukla Prague B and Benátky n Jiz,in all honesty we were unlucky to concede two goals against Dukla Prague B as their second goal was a own goal after it took a massive deflection of my defender.As for the game against Slavia Prague B,we didn't really stand a chance as they even played some of their first team players in the game and you could tell we were a class apart,if Slavia Prague B always had those five first teamers playing in the team then they would be higher up the table.The game against Sparta Prague was a wild one as it was 3-2 at half time as nothing happened in the second half.We're currently in fifth place but the big story is that we only need two points to ensure we survive so let's ignore the goals conceded column!

Three games in November which will see us play Český Brod,Mlada Boleslav B and Pribram B.I am pretty confident that we can beat Český Brod which will cement our place in the third tier for next season.We do have two very tricky games against the B team teams as both of them are above us in the league,it may be hit or miss against them as I think we could surprise them but I don't think we are quite at their level yet.My other aim is to see if we can carry on improving our defence,the first two games in October were great and I feel that the two games against the Prague B teams were a bit unfortunate (vs Slavia Prague B) and just one crazy half (vs Sparta Prague B).If we can concede five goals or less than I will consider that a succes.

November 2024

Fixtures

a5bee3652c8d06b1d1bb7dfeee59c062.png

League Table

119adecbc1f404e9fb983e7a77734023.png

A very solid month as we picked up four points from nine,we did fall down to seventh place but those four points are enough to make sure we are stay in the third tier next season.As you can see that we have improved massively in defence although it looks like our attack has suffered a bit so finding the right balance has been a bit difficult but at least we are no longer near the worse defensive team.Also I have to say we are pretty good at penalty shoot outs as we are now have a 4-0 record in penalty shoot outs so that is a massive plus compared to last season.I have no complaints abut the loss to Mlada Boleslav B as they are the best team in the league at the minute both in attack and defence so I think we did well to keep the loss down to one goal as they were the much better side in the match.

We are now at the winter break,good news is that there are better players out there who are now interested in joining us but I think we should wait until the season is over as I think going into a second season in this league would increase our rep more so in theory we will be able to attract better players in pre-season than now as I don't see the point in signing now unless someone leaves.

Here we go again!

3c6d9669f062735fc59ee131d67f7ca8.png

The takeover rumours have already started and it's only been six months and eight days since our current chairman took over!

Youth Intake Preview

f764b6db9f02d5bdd930fa5894b56065.png

Not a lot to say as I am not expecting anything until we can improve the facilities,just the one player to note who is a left back,he is also a local boy from Praha so hopefully he will have some decent potential.

Transfer Window Update #1

Our best centre back Jan Strasky has left us to join Trinec B,this is a bit annoying as he has joined a side who are also in the third tier but are fighting relegation instead.We have replace him with this guy who is a similar level to Jan Strasky.

5e02f441fa056223023b18bc48b8a7a6.png

March 2025

Fixtures

d78d07ef72258cc13547bbf5c72ae03b.png

League Table

9a3169d78db973940bf7257ade9438aa.png

It wasn't too bad of a month as we picked up another five points,we have fallen down to tenth but with the league being pretty close,one win is all it takes for things to change massively.We had no problem against Motorlet Praha but we really should of beat Bohemians 1905 B before it even got to penalties so a late equalizer was pretty disappointing to see in a game we dominated but on the fop side we are have the best record for penaty shoots out as we currently sit at 5-0!As for the losses,we got batted by Hostouň and easily could of been a lot more so to keep it to one goal was respectable.The loss against Slavoj Vyšehrad was the kind of a game where we went down fighting,they are easily a much superior side but we gave it everything even though we fell just short but it does give me encouragement for the future.Eight games left to plat and we are so close to being mathematcally safe,

Four more games in April and we will be facing Králův Dvůr,Hořovicko,Zápy and Vltavín,other than the match against Králův Dvůr,these are matches against teams in a similar position to ourselves,I am confident we can pick up some points and I generally believe we can break the forty point barrier in April,our defence has been solid in the last few games so if we can get a bit of luck in attack then we should be in a solid mid-table spot come the end of April.There will be some action off the pitch as we are coming up to the youth intake day,we were told not to expect anything so I will be going into that with low expectations so any player of a higher quality will be a surprise for me.

Youth Intake Preview 2025

9b11329738b85f3dcffc24cae6414ce0.png

Oldrich Krejcik

Jiri Petrous

Jozef Novak

The star rating is definitely clear now as you can easily tell who the better players are and who are not good enough.This intake was actually pretty solid as we have three players who have the potential to be a squad player for teams at this level and with all three players playing in different positions then that means their is less competition from each other regarding game time so they are more likely to play and develop more.We also have six players who would make very good options to be back up players which furthers my opinion of this being a pretty solid intake so that means at least nine players will be kept on from the intake and I will allow my assistant manager to have his opinion on the players rated at 1.5* PA as if it was just up to me then they would be gone straight away.

Youth Intake Progression

dc2e321ed7a12014d5258f0238115302.png

April 2025

Fixtures

546f5a691a79821d99c1489e89646c87.png

League Table

05a0412f5df42197a90c3421ae99d46a.png

What a fabulous month that was as we won three out of four games which gave us nine points and moved us up to eighth in the process.The two late goals were two completely different goals with David Zurek scoring a screamer against Králův Dvůr while Samuel Getu nodded home the winner from a corner against Vltavín.The win against Hořovicko was fully deserved as we controlled the match from start to finish.I had no problems with the loss to Zápy as they were the better team.I have to say since the restart,our defence has been absolutely superb as we have conceded eight goals in eight games,it's just a shame I didn't switch formation sooner so curse me and my stubbornness as I think me not going more defensively cost us earlier in the season but at least I have a solid foundation going forward.

We're into May now and we only have four games left to play,to finish the season off we will be playing Dukla Prague B,Benátky n. Jiz,Slavia Prague B and Sparta Prague B,We should have very little problem in beating Benátky n. Jiz as they have been terrible this season so we should be able to pick up two or three points.The Dukla Prague B match is the most winnable of the three Prague B team games.The games against Slavia and Sparta are up in the air as I don't know which players we will be facing,I think it is more likely we will more competitive against Sparta as there first team is still in a battle for a European spot so they are more likely to keep their first teamers for the up coming games.Hopefully we can finish the season off with at least six points as I want to finish in the top half. 

May 2025

Fixtures

37385f979151dd75f586fffb1d24865d.png

League Table

3e196762853787d13cbf487169bab817.png

Two wins and two losses finished our season off as we finished in a respectable 9th placed finish.We probably should of beat Dukla Prague B in ninety minutes but we still beat them in the end and that penalty shoot out victory means we are the only team in the league not to lose a penalty shoot out as we finished a record of 6-0!The win against Benatky n. Jiz was pretty straight forward and we easily could of scored more  but three points is three points.With Slavia Prague B,we gave it a good go but the quality of some of their youngsters make me jealous and I am expecting 2-3 of them either to feature in the first team next season or even move onto bigger European sides.We were unlucky against Sparta Prague B but it does show we can match them so if we can strengthen then I think we could beat them next season.

End of season update to follow then onto season we six we go as we look to strengthen the team and see if we can push up the table!

Česká Fotbalová Liga Group A - End of Season -2024/25

The culling continued as we released another eighteen players as I look to keep the squad numbers down and letting go players who will no longer play a part at the club due to a lack of ability and potential.Two players left to join other clubs,I wasn't bothered about Zifcak leaving as he was barely used as he wasn't up to the grade and was used as an emergency back up.Strasky was someone I didn't want to leave but he decided to leave anyway,he was one of our top two picks for the DC so it was a massive blow for us.We originally bought in eight players to strengthen the team as we looked to fight for survival,Prekop was the ninth player bought in and he was a direct replacement for Strasky so he would go straight into the first team.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Česká Fotbalová Liga Group A - 9th Place

f6320e56b2fc17746a706fc90a09b229.png

A very solid performance in our first season in the third tier as we finished in ninth place after we were expected to be relegated after having odds of 900-1 to win the title which was worse then everyone else!As I said it was a solid first season although I was worried after the first half of the season where we conceded a lot of goals but we turned it around as we conceded fourteen goals in the last twelve games so nice to see the change of formation worked out for us.I think the next thing is to strengthen the team and see if that helps with the goal scoring or I may have to tweak the tactic to try and get us scoring more.

MOL Cup - 2nd Round

f4ad9311de0d8f6716fc4ce491344a21.png

We made it to the second round after beating Přeštice and SK Rakovník.As you can see from the second round,we were nothing more than lambs to the slaughter as the top flight side absolutely battered us.There was one positive from this games and that was the attendance figure which set a new record for us.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

257d40461068c485757cb14e9f530629.png

Michal Kubik

Samuel Getu

Dusan Danek

Dominik Chaloupka

Marko Marković

Manager's Thoughts

As first seasons go,I think that was a brilliant one as we outdid both the media's prediction and the boards expectations as we finished in a mid-table spot,With us being able to stay up then that could give us a decent reputation boost to help build upon this foundation I have laid out as I think this tier could be the hardest one to get out of due to the mix of teams as there are B teams,professional teams and semi-professional teams in which we come into the semi-professional category.Financially we are not looking great at this current time as we are currently £8,473 in the red but that will soon be rectified as the sponsorship deal is up so we should be able to get back into the black.The only other thing that has changed is that the board gave in and I completed my Continental C badge which gives us a small boost when it comes to training, hopefully the board will let me do my Continental B license as that will give us a bit more of a boost as they won't let me have anymore coaches.

With stage one being complete which is surviving,I will be moving onto stage two which is solidifying as I want us to remain in this division next season without suffering from second season syndrome,I think it may take a few more seasons to get out of this league which is why I am using a five year plan of survive,solidfy,improve,challenge and win as the step up to the second tier is a very big one as it will mean we turn professional.For pre-season I will be looking at signing players who will be considered a step up on our current crop of players,the first two positions I will be looking at are DM and MC as they are the two weakest areas on the pitch,after that it will be the DR position followed by both AML and AMR which shows I already have a game plan on where I want to strengthen first.Hopefully I can net my targets to help improve the team as not only will it strengthen the first XI but it will strengthen the depth overall.

Career Stats

1e6396f40ed3f2d4bca607b8106d8e47.png

Czech Republic Round Up

Forutna Liga Reputation

926ba92344fadee60865a3d61ce88b37.png

292a70a1d4333e154ea8adc219536f6e.png

Quite a big jump for the Fortuna Liga as it moved up to eleventh place which is the position it has been to date.The reason for this jump can mainly be put down to two teams where one has done well and the other team has done ridiculously well.

European Round Up

Slavia Praha - Started off in the Champions League where they reached the Second qualifying round where they lost on away goals to CFR Cluj.This meant they were moved to the Europa League where they made it to the the group stages,they finished third in a group which contained PAOK,Young Boys and KC Kortrijk.Finishing third in the group meant they were moved into the Europa Conference League.They only went and won the Europa Conference League which included beating teams such as Galatasaray,Atalanta and Zenit in the run to the final,the final itself saw them beat Celtic 2-1! 

Sparta Praha - They were the next best performing Czech team as they reached the quarter finals of the Europa Conference League where they were beaten on penalties by Celtic.

Viktoria Plzen - A bit of a disaster in the ECL,they beat Iskra in the second qualifying round but they then lost to Dundee Utd in the third qualifying round!

Banik Ostrava - They also failed to make it out of the qualifying rounds but they did beat Portadown and Hajduk Split in process.They lost on away goals to AEK Athens in the fourth qualifying round.

Champions League Progression

5e3079cda365c9a84a965b17fcc4b794.png

Europa League Progression

e6edf59b0c38768f2d458cb39dc3251d.png

Europa Conference League Progression

4a505588ea4d57ebfbc761e717a8797d.png

Česká Fotbalová Liga Group A - Pre-Season - 2025/26

Season Preview - Expectations

No one has been released as of yet but this will change as I have not got round to it but I guarantee there will be players on the released list.On the income side of things,the cut off date has messed things up a bit,the screen shot shows we signed seven players but we actually signed ten players but due to them signing before the 1/7 so those other three are on last seasons transfers in!All of the players we signed will be challenging for a first XI spot as we were able to sign players who were better than what we had so that is massive news for us.

Pre-Season Fixtures

a10d0eff213367270f7807a6d35d02ad.pngfa2444e6875041587dc7ea620ed5ba51.png

Not the best of pre-seasons but we all know they don't exactly matter as the two fixtures in July involved the new players so the cohesion on the pitch was less than what we had in the first two pre-season friendlies.I will be going with a 4-3-3 for the upcoming season as we had quite a big improvement when we switched to that last season so it will be interesting to see how far we can push up using the 4-3-3.

The Team

ff8f71526abf11386241eac108a95a77.png5eaa9aeb5a29f49efccd4f1846d315f0.png

Johannes Hartmann

Filip Nemec

Radek Zahradnicek

Milos Heidenreich

Petr Kolacek

Manager's Thoughts

This pre-season was actually a lot more fun than last season as we no problem of signing players compared to last season,I also feel the quality of players we have signed is actually slightly higher than who we had playing for us last season so I think we have a better team,the odds seem to certainly think so as last season our odds to win the title were 900-1 and now we are sitting at 200-1,we are also no longer favourites to go down so that makes me feel better.The finances are still pretty ropey as we are projected to be back in the red by the end of the season despite the fact I have saved money by reducing the wages we are paying,I am hoping to see an improvement in attendances to try and increase the money we bring in or I may have to cross my fingers to see the chairman arranges a fan day to try and boost the attendance.On a more positive note the chairman has allowed me to do my continental B license which should be done in November so that should give us a slight boost in regards to training which will be helpful in the long run.

The board expectation in the league is to fight bravely against relegation which shows the board have no belief in the team,we were in a much weaker position last season and we still managed to finish in ninth place and I feel like we could easily do the same or possibly be even better.This however is the second season in this league which brings me to the solidify stage of the plan as we survived last season,I feel like getting out of this division is a tough ask so I think realistically we are looking at 2-3 seasons before we could challenge for the title.As for the MOL Cup,the board have no expectations as the want us to be competitive in a competition we enter at the first roumd,I believe if we get a kinder draw then we could  at least get to the second round like last season.Time to see if we can avoid second season syndrome!

That was a steady pre-season, leading into the new season. Looks like you’re rep has risen too, what with being able to attract better players. 
Two coaching badges? I think your board had a fever!

Onwards into the season :onmehead:

On 25/03/2021 at 09:39, deltablue said:

It's interesting to see that you've suddenly been finding it a bit tougher.

I think there was a number of factors to why we struggled,there is a real mixture of teams due to their being professional,semi-professional and B teams,as we were newly promoted we didn't really have the rep to get the players I wanted in.Another factor was my stubbornness as I was determined to stick with a 4-4-2 which had been successful and if I hadn't of changed formation then we would of more than likely been in a relegation battle due to the number of goals we were conceding.

On 26/03/2021 at 11:41, Sonic Youth said:

That was a steady pre-season, leading into the new season. Looks like you’re rep has risen too, what with being able to attract better players. 
Two coaching badges? I think your board had a fever!

Onwards into the season :onmehead:

We had a decent rise in rep but it's still among the worse in the league as our rep is still in with the majority of the fourth tier sides so that is a bit annoying but as you mentioned we have been able to attract better players.As for the board letting me go on another course,I am going to enjoy this while it lasts!

July 2025

Fixtures

955877190b2eb9dce72cd6a004da1066.png

League Table

311a7b9305880c45b527646f88e75ea1.png

We had a very solid start to the season as we won both games and both in convincing fashion even if the score line in the second game didn't reflect the performance we put in.I can definitely tell the difference in quality between the new players and the old ones so I am confident that we could finish in the top half this season.The biggest problem last season was the defence and this has certainly improved in the space of a season as we have conceded one goal to last seasons five at this same stage.I think I should still be aiming to secure survival as quick as possible then it is will be a case of working up from there.

August is quite a busy month with six games to play,five are in the league while the other match is in the MOL Cup.In the league we will be facing Slavoj Vyšehrad,Králův Dvůr,Zápy,Hořovicko and Motorlet Praha,it still early days into the season so I won't be making any expectations but I hope we can carry in picking up points as the more points we pick up now then the less pressure there will be on us later on in the season as survival is our main priority.In the MOL Cup we will be facing Zbuzany,they are a third tier side like ourselves but they play in Group B so I am expecting a competitive game but there isn't any pressure on us to win as the board don't expect us to get past this round!

August 2025

Fixtures

ebccc078c97b6852371ba6f46564a439.png

League Table

458e2f82c105bcc474a4d51d04e3d9aa.png

Overall it was a really good month as we picked up eleven points from fifteen which has seen us finish the month in second and we are currently only three points behind Slavia Prague B.No problems with defence once again as they have been magnificent so far this season,the major problem which was more noticeable towards the end of the month is that we are not clinical enough with our shots and that has beep proven on the efficiency graphs which shows us being aggressive but wasteful.If we had finished our chances off then we would of easily won the last three games but we ended up dropping points in a penalty shoot out win and a penalty shoot out loss so I may need to change the role of the ST to see if I can make it more beneficial for the team.

Five games in September,four in the league and one in the MOL Cup.We actually kick the month off with the match in the MOL Cup where we will be facing Fortuna Liga side Táborsko,even though they are struggling,I still don't think we have enough quality to beat them but I think we may be able to keep it respectable.In the league we will be facing Velvary,Pribram B,Dukla Prague B and Český Brod,we're doing really well in the league but I think we need to be more clinical in front of goal if we are to carry on challenging at the top of the table,I really do believe this season is Slavia Prague B's to lose as some of their youngsters are insane which makes me quite jealous.The biggest match of the month is against Český Brod,this will be a very difficult game in which we are identical on goals scored and goals conceded so I am expecting a very even game and hopefully we will still be within touching distance of Slavia Prague B come the end of September.

September 2025

Fixtures

ca9ba8f796b97b61bc0fe278fa5a7022.png

League Table

e762a1dae62a453a2c3f98bb4cee4f67.png

The impressive start continued as we picked up nine points from twelve as we carried on sitting in second place which I can put down mainly to our fantastic defensive efforts this season,even when we conceded two against Dukla Prague we performed well in defence as it was a bizarre own goal for Dukla Prague B's second.The one concerning thing to note is that our attack is once again costing us points as three of the four league games should have been settled a long time before they actually were.The big result of the month actually came in the MOL as we performed an upset after beating the top flight side 4-3 with three goals coming in the last ten minutes to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.We did have a bit of blow off the field as first choice AML Milos Heidenreich received a broken leg and could be out for up to seven months which means he could be out till April but I am hoping he will be back sooner.

Five more games in October,four in the league and one in the MOL Cup.We kick the month off with the MOL Cup fixture against another Fortuna LIga side in the shape of Hradec Králové,we actually faced each other back in 2023 where we lost 2-0 against them but I am not expecting anything against them as I am aiming low when it comes to the MOL Cup.In the league we will be facing Sparta Prague B,Admira Praha,Hostouň and Slavia Prague B.This month will provide us with a couple of real challenges against Hostouň and Slavia Prague B as all three of us have not lost a game in 90 minutes.Sparta Prague B is a bit of a weird one as they should be a lot higher than where they are so we will have to be very careful against them but I think we can pick up at least seven points.

October 2025

Fixtures

df4f360c862340577214a1e13aa26602.png

League Table

d6f44ba638f11be7c2b411869223d3a9.png

Results wise everything went brilliantly as we won every league game but we did only pick up ten points from twelve as a penalty shoot out win in a match only nets you two points.The defence has carried on their magnificent form as we only conceded two goals in October and both of those were in one game after I made several changes to that game due to fitness issues.They say defences can win you matches and this was literally the case in the match against Slavia Prague B,Vig is my right back and Getu is a centre back so both goal scorers are defenders!As for the MOL Cup,we gave it a real go against Hradec but we fell short in the end but neither attack seemed to know where  the net was as both set of strikers were useless!The biggest problem I've had is actually with my strikers as they have been next to useless,they have scored three goals between them in nine games and two of those were against Sparta Prague B!

Just the three games in November as we will be on our mid-season break after that,the games we will be playing are against Vltavín,Slavoj Vyšehrad and Viktoria Zizkov B.I would love us to be still at the top come the end of November but that will require my attack upping their game as they are slacking in comparison to the rest of the team.We should easily beat Viktoria Zizkov B but I think the other two games will be tricky but our defence has been solid so it could be a moment of brilliance from one of our players that settles the match which has been the case plenty of times this season!

Posted (edited)

November 2025

Fixtures

a2ef8e788562ae5b45b8083953e0d1d6.png

League Table

ec45d254156dfe704933be16d36a862f.png

Two wins and a loss meant we picked up six points and we slipped down into second place and currently sit two points behind .We had no problems with any performances as we were solid all over the park,however the common problem occurred against Hostouň as our attackers blew it once again.It's great having the second best defence but our attack is only sixth best in the league so it is pretty clear where our problem lies this season,quite the difference compared to last season when our defence was the major issue,We are also guaranteed to stay up and that has happened much quicker than last season so that is a massive plus in my books as it shows our improvement.

We are at the mid-season break so there isn't much to talk about.We will have the youth intake preview in December and the transfer window will open in January so other than that there isn't much.As for the transfer window,I was originally going to look at the AML and ST roles but Vencl has impressed me a lot since he started to cover for Heidenreich's injury so I will keep my faith in him.As for the ST role,I will be looking to bring as best as possible in as all of my strikers have let me down recently,Hartmann has two goals from his last twelve games,Xuan Hung also has two goals in the last twelve games while Kubick has one goal in eleven appearances this season.I hope a new striker will shake things up up front as a lack of goals may see us miss out on promotion.

Edited by B.W.G

It’s funny to look at posting that now would be a great time to go on a hot scoring streak once the League restarts, considering your actually getting good results. Then looking at how many you’ve scored to games played and it’s in that irritating point of not quite enough to go into a game and expect to get the goals, instead in that range of hoping to get enough goals.

Hope It’s enough to get a better striker which pushes the ambition of your forwards already at the club to improve their goals to games ratio.

That yoof intake :idiot:

7 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

It’s funny to look at posting that now would be a great time to go on a hot scoring streak once the League restarts, considering your actually getting good results. Then looking at how many you’ve scored to games played and it’s in that irritating point of not quite enough to go into a game and expect to get the goals, instead in that range of hoping to get enough goals.

Hope It’s enough to get a better striker which pushes the ambition of your forwards already at the club to improve their goals to games ratio.

That yoof intake :idiot:

It's quite funny from my point of view as I usually don't have problem scoring but we are just about in the top half but we have taken a massive step from last season so even if we don't get promoted this season then I am confident that we will get it next season.

I have bought in another striker,ability wise he isn't quite on Hartmann's level but he is a big step up from our other options so he will be starting up front with Hartmann,

I can easily say that is my worse intake ever :D 

1 hour ago, Fudal said:

How many points do you get for a penalty loss? This system is so confusing :D. Doing great as always though!

3 points for a win,2 points for a penalty win,1 point for a penalty loss and 0 for a straight up loss.I love this confusing system so it will be a shame when we get out of the third tier as it will go back to normal,

Great Job in the Lower Leagues of Czechia (I think that is the new name) or the Czech Republic.

I might try a Slovakia save if I ever finish in France.....

4 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Great Job in the Lower Leagues of Czechia (I think that is the new name) or the Czech Republic.

I might try a Slovakia save if I ever finish in France.....

Thanks :D From what I saw (wikipedia) either name is fine but I've always called them Czech Republic to the point that calling them a different name would be weird for me :lol: 

Slovakia could be a good save as I don't recall many people managing there.I've kept up to date with your save so I've seen your pain of Mbappe and PSG,all I can hope is someone buys Mbappe off them to make it slightly easier for you.

Mbappe is Darth Vader and Thomas Tuchel is the Emperor of the Galactic Empire of PSG(He has reigned for 9 almost ten years) in my save......OL stopped the suffering for a year...in 2029....but PSG reloaded and are undefeated thru November.....

My Idea is for Slovakia is to use FC Senica like I used Grenoble.

I often do a Czech save because of my family geneaology.....

To get this back on track.....I can't wait for you to breakthrough to the Top of the Czech Leagues and lead them to glory!

Good Old April Fools Day!

59acb6baeedfdefcd3767c3e43384118.png

93a9bbaf47d9a863f12c879e79dbab83.png

I knew this was going to happen but I can dream can't I :D 

Although giving a club £500 million to spend on players,new facilities and a new stadium could be in interesting experiment if I do it in each of the big five countries at the same level,it could be a race experiment.

6 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

Although giving a club £500 million to spend on players,new facilities and a new stadium could be in interesting experiment if I do it in each of the big five countries at the same level,it could be a race experiment.

Didn't know they had this in the game :lol: waiting for it to pop up on mine now!

18 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

11 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Didn't know they had this in the game :lol: waiting for it to pop up on mine now!

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else post this! :D :lol:

March 2026

Fixtures 

b2d325f843ca9f38f9b5deb86647d231.png

League Table

73ed4c1d3e588bedcd15981592e82519.png

As you can see from the goal scoring that we have two new names up front.Milan Bartos was the striker I was looking to bring in during the mid-season break to give us a bit extra support,Jan Rataj was bought in after Johannes Hartmann decided to leave us for a second tier side.We also had to get in a new keeper as my then number one left us while I have bought in a new AML,DC and DR for reinforcement reasons.On the pitch,the two new strikers have started brilliantly as either one (or both) scored in every game.We have now taken top spot from Hostouň due to our head to head record against them,I have literally zero problems from any game which is brilliant as the defence was very good while the attack was fantastic,if we can keep this form up then we may be able to take the top spot and go into the promotion playoff.

We play four more times in April and we will be facing Velvary,Pribram B,Dukla Prague B and Český Brod.This is the easiest of the two months remaining as we face two strugglers who are fighting against relegation,a mid table side and a side in the top half but who are nowhere near the fight for the title.If we can replicate our form from last month then I don't see why we can't win all four games,the only problem will be Pribram B as they have a solid defence as well and they are decent in attack so we should be aiming for ten points,whether that is enough to keep us at the top of the table will depend on Hostouň's result so fingers will be crossed that they drop results as the last month is very tough month.