Prague-tice Makes Perfect

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Czech Republic Update

b00fa0a69c8a46dccd0debdb770d95b9.png

The Fortuna:Liga drops again,down six places in two seasons,hopefully we can see some improvement next season!

564a114611a1c9bcc9b02d1cf8d9d85c.png

European Round Up

Sparta Praha - They actually made it to the group stages after beating Young Boys and CFR Cluj in the playoffs.As for the group stage,they lost all six games and only scored two goals along the way,their group contained Atletico Madrid,Porto and Celtic.

Slavia Praha - Knocked out in the Champions League Playoff by PSV.They had more success in the Europa League where they made it to the 2nd Knockout Round where they lost 5-3 on aggregate to Chelsea.

Viktoria Plzn  - Made it to the Europa League group stages where they came bottom in a group contain Ludogorets,Dynamo Kyiv and Charleroi SC,I think they should of done better but missed the ECL spot by one point.

FK Jablonec - They entered and exited at the third qualifying round in the Europa Conference League,they ended up losing 5-4 on aggregate to Austrian side Sturm Graz.

Slovan Liberec - They exited where they entered and that was in the second qualifying round in the ECL as they lost 5-1 on aggregate to Olympiakos.

Champions League Progress

cfd5363154d914384dc3e2aa86ea4fd2.png

Europa League Progress

cd3f3762c521b7ab89953c0715ce9a7a.png

Europa Conference League Progress

18e44239a2e3869d917bc175d6997f58.png

When you see transfers for over £100 million you immediately think of the Man City's,Man Utd's,PSG's,Barcelona and Real Madrids when it comes to FM.

The first player to cost over £100 million in this save was Mason Mount....the club buying him is what is surprising :eek::eek::eek:

31379c3c500744b9e882ef060dc27ab4.png

e9a8ad28fd84a68a99e50e1dfb96f608.png

Prazsky Prebor - Pre-Season - 2022/23

General - Vision - Facilities - Finances

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers - Released - Youth

No one left the club during the Summer but this will be the last time it happens as anyone who is at a low silver star ability will be released as I don't want them taking up too much space.We had real issues during pre-season as very few players wanted to join us although the two who have joined us are a massive step up in defence and will be guaranteed starters in the first team,I am hoping as the season progresses that we will be able to bring some players in.

Pre-Season Fixtures

ba474baca1dc35dc54b062cc8618608a.pngd86b8f36b00b30e021e16694286d8ef8.png

It was a solid pre-season but I do not like how many goals we actually conceded and that is a bit concerning going into the new season as we will be facing a lot better quality teams than what we face here.Although the weird thing to point out here is that the one clean sheet we kept was against the fourth tier side while the rest of the games were against tier six sides!

The Team

1d35861b4331541f5374495496956230.pnga0c500cdb780febe4565be560f3caaef.png

Roman Pragr

Enes Mesic

Tibor Urminsky

Jan Vondracek

Tomas Cvancara

Manager's Thoughts

Well what a frustrating pre-season that was,the new chairman came in and wiped the club culture that I had developed and now we only have "Strive to make progress on and off the pitch",more frustration came when attempting to sign players as I only managed to get two players in as we rejected a lot of times but I am hoping to rectify that situation as the season progresses as we may be able to get some more players in.On the plus side,the finances are looking good as we now sit at £39.847 which is a nice improvement of £11k from last season but it still isn't enough for me to do anything with.

As for expectations for this season,the new chairman needs to get his head screwed on as he has said that finish top half this season is required while the media prediction is that we could finish sixth which just about scrapes a top half finish,I feel a mid-table finish should of been acceptable but the chairman is a idiot and has turned the pressure up.I am hoping we can surprise some teams this season but I am not expecting to get promoted,we also meet back up with Tempo Praha which should be interesting as we are a lot stronger than when we played them the last time and I still haven't got over the 6-0 drubbing they gave us in our first ever game against them.Time to see if we hang with the big teams in this division!

July 2022

Fixtures

303d4071b494c86228c3267e9725112b.png

League Table

630e3a3060b4858d43ef78becb01d001.png

It has been a fantastic start to the season as we ended it at the top of the table after picking up ten points from twelve.We had two very solid wins against Uhelné sklady and Admira Praha B in which we deserved to win both games.The other games were typical FM games where the dominant side lost,we were the much better side against Březiněves and we outdid them in everything but I threw everything including the kitchen sink at them but we failed in the end.As for the Tempo Praha match,all I am going to say is that the a draw would of been an unfair result as Tempo Praha were the much better side.No other transfers have been made yet but I am still looking as there has to be someone who is interested in joining us!

Four more games in August and we will be facing Podoli,Újezd nad Lesy,Meteor Praha and Třeboradice.I know we have had a good start but I would like to at least keep a top half spot but with the teams we are facing,other than Újezd nad Lesy they are all near the foot of the table but we will still need to be at our absolute best,if we can pick up at least eight points then that will be a good month which should sees us at least challenging at the top.I will also be carrying on trying to improve the squad so hopefully we can see some player become interested in joining the club if we carry on doing well.

August 2022

Fixtures

22da9b60358e3c2bead5511fed2ca4ee.png

Table

3a7868b0db374a020f1a2653f1dfee77.png

It's been a busier month for us due to ongoing transfer business.Filip Drahos has left the club in which he has moved back to the sixth tier of Czech football,we have strengthened our midfield by bringing in Adan Foltyn and Ondrej Barta,I originally wasn't going to sign Barta but due to struggling to get a striker in,Barta will be playing in MR while current MR Haris Lugusic will be moving to his natural role of ST.On the pitch,everthing was fantastic as we picked up ten points from twelve as we opened up a four point lead at the top.The Podoli match was always going to penalties as it was even throughout the match.We had two easy 3-1 wins while Metor Praha got a taste of what it feels like to be FM'd,the own goal came on the counter attack as ended up crossing the ball in but their central defender put the ball in the back of the net.

September brings us four more games and we could not have been given a more difficult month as we are facing Zličín,Přední Kopanina,Hostivař and Dukla Jižní Město in that order,as you can see they are all in the top five so this will see what we are really made of as we currently sit in a spot for a title challenge,if we can stay within distance of these teams then we could challenge for at least the playoff spot which is second place,weirdly none of these teams we are facing are actually predicted to finish above ourselves (we're predicted 5th) so who knows what will happen.Off the pitch we are still looking at bringing in more players and we currently have five offers in for players so I am hoping we can at least get a couple in with the transfer deadline being less than a week away,the offers in are for two defenders,a midfielder and two attackers,even if I only get one of each role in then that will be a massive improvement for the team.

6 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

There’s been some good progress happen here, and a nice start to life in the next step in the league pyramid :thup:

That Mount deal is :idiot:

Thanks,I am really happy with how we have started and we even won our first game of September so my confidence is slowly growing.

That Mount deal is crazy,especially when the next highest is Lautaro Martinez going from Inter to PSG for £87 million!

Transfer deadline day managed to turn into a bit of a bust for us but we did manager to get one of my targets in.Fingers crossed that Zalund can net us a few goals up front!

9cc3063a546960f46ae16b1b4cdfdc7b.png

September 2022

8cb5da1361de2fe1927fc7c9ff832bea.png

League Table

ad653db3a1b5233542f275227d80793e.png

That was a fantastic month all around as we won four games and kept three clean sheets in the progress as we opened up a eight point lead at the top of the table after twelve games.With it being a twenty six games season,we should be one of the challengers for the title come the end of the season.For the three games where we kept clean sheets,we put in fantastic performances both at the back and in the front and we looked strong in doing so.The other game against Přední Kopanina was a bit more annoying  as we were brilliant in attack but our defence decided to switch off when it was 6-0 and they scored their three goals before we hit our seventh,having periods like that in a match could be costly in a match against a better performing side.Off the pitch we lost another "B" Team manager who we have replaced so that is now four in three years,wish the other teams would leave my staff alone!

We play five more times in October and we will be facing Dolní Počernice,Uhelné sklady,Březiněves,Tempo Praha and Podoli.We are in great form at the minute in which I would love this run to continue but I know they saying goes "all good things must come to an end",if my run has to end then I don't want it to be against Tempo Praha,I also don't want it to end against Podoli as they are one of two teams who have beaten me this season and I want revenge against.We have a decent margin at the top so we should be top when the month ends,the only other thing to note is that I will be looking at the transfer market again as if we are in the same position going into the new year then I want to make sure we end it in the same position,this means reinforcements could be needed as it will be massive if we can get out of this league at first time of asking.

October 2022

a57b5830a4d891c5f7c67e1aa95bace5.png

League Table

f323d816fd22925018215a23887241ee.png

The run keeps going as we went through October with four wins and a penalty shoot out victory which meant we picked up fourteen points in total and we moved eleven points clear at the top of the table.With it only being a twenty six game season,we are clearly in pole position when it comes down to the title race.Defensivley we have been great and in attack we have been absolutely fantastic and it has made me make a decision of that I will be sticking with this team for the rest of the season and there will not be any more signings made as we don't need to.I really cannot pick a stand out player this month as everyone made a contribution to the team although the stand out moment for me was beating Tempo Praha on penalties which was our first penalty shoot out victory of the season.

Just the two games in November and we will be facing Admira Praha B and Újezd nad Lesy,this could be a pretty difficult month as both teams are in decent form with Admira Praha B winning three of their last five while Újezd nad Lesy have won four of their last five like we have.This shows me that we cannot take either game lightly as both teams could beat us if we are off our game even slightly.We will be top no matter what happens but I would prefer if we kept our lead in double figures.

November 2022

Fixtures

7f0856435aac674356b03b17f7b08097.png

League Table

cbe9d5e421e547acbbffc3c1ba6879d5.png

Well we won one out of the two games but the lead has now been cut nine points due to the result in the second match.The Admira Praha B match was a bit of a weird one,all the action including the opposition goal happned in the first half while the second half was one of boredom as there was only one highlight which was us hitting the post!The second match saw our unbeaten run end,not in a blaze of glory but with a whimper,we literally had a mountain to climb by the 31st minute as we were 2-0 down and Jan Novotny received his marching orders for two yellow cards,we did get one back before Újezd nad Lesy put the final nail in the coffin in the 83rd mintue.

There isn't going to be much action between now and Match as I have full confidence that the squad we have will secure us promotion,we have a nine point lead with seven games to go so we are in pole position.As for transfers I won't be actively seeking new players,if we lose someone then I will replace them as I don't want to make too many changes going into the final stages of the season.

Youth Intake Preview

e1866a83f850b2472ac7ab36ad9e58ba.png

A second successive season of "Don't expect much from this intake" which means I will keep my lowered expectation from last season for this season as well.It looks like we will have two good prospects in which the goalkeeper will be great as he could become second or third choice keeper straight away as we are lacking in that area at the minute as Cvancara is the only one I can rely on so he does need backup!The winger could be useful on either flank but because the preview doesn't tell me anything I can't comment on him any further.Roll on April to see what sort of players we actually get.

Transfer Window Update

eaa5a22a8fd67dda8d49303e94cc8530.png

973496119b113f4238b6303d5ad741e1.png

Originally I wasn't going to sign anyone but Hosek was available and I really couldn't say no to him,his versatility in being able to play all three positions at the back is the main reason why I signed him and he is actually rated as one of the better players in the team.The fans are happy with this transfer and I am happy while the board need to cheer up as they are just content with this signing.

Transfer Window Update #2

I wasn't planning to do any major transfers but I was forced to.

Midfielder Jan Vondracek left the club and joined a sixth tier club,I bought in Filip Bednar to replace him.

Defender Karel Tetour also left us on deadline day,Jiri Hribek came in on the same day to replace him.

March 2023

a4826db1705bc7e73249de077aaae7ea.png

League Table

90acdc1c2f1a81fc669cebb73ada1a8c.png

Two games,two battles and two wins and all we are left with was gaining six points and quite a few battle wounds.We won the game in the first half thankfully as the second half frequently interrupted by the referee,the injury count from this game was two players with another two suspended.The Třeboradice was end to end stuff and we proved we were the more clincal side as we ran out 5-2 winners,the injury count from this game was one and another one ended up getting suspended!Off the pitch we lost another u19 manager who has joined a sixth tier club as first team manager,I am at the point where I think keeping a "B" Team or u19 manager for a season will be an achievement!

April will see us play three more games and we will be facing Zličín,Přední Kopanina and Hostivař,the upcoming month I would say is of moderate difficulty as we are facing two mid-table sides and Zličín who are chasing the playoff spot which Tempo Praha occupy.We currently have a ten point lead at the top so we could potentially win the title in April which would  be fantastic but I am under no illusions that the Zličín will be extremely difficult and whoever faulters first could lose the game as we have a similar level to our defence but we are a lot better in attack so that could work in our favour.If we can pick up at least seven points then that should be enough for us to secure the title as I think the gap is too big for anyone to overtake us.Off the pitch will see two things happening,the first recruiting yet another u19 manager and the second is the intake coming through so I will be a bit busier this month then usual off the pitch.

Posted (edited)

Youth Intake 2023

a83153963e8270c44f87ffbaa9427f2f.png

Marek Slebodnik

Pavel Koudelka

A pretty bizarre youth intake,the best player to come through at a Czech Republic club in three seasons is a Slovakian!The other thing I have noticed is that there is a difference between the best and worse of the intake that I can take notice of now so that does make my job slightly easier when it comes to keeping players on or letting them go after the trial period.

The two players I have picked out are based on their currently ability as they are above the rest of the intake.Koudelka will be a project to work on for the time being as I don't use the AML role,he is at a competent level when it comes to ML which is the role I use so when his signing is finalised then I will start training him in that role.his two best roles at ML are inverted winger and winger which is a problem as I use the wide mifielder role instead so it may take a bit longer but I will get him trained in the role I use.I don't really have to say much about Slebodnik as he will be in the first team as soon as he has signed as he is actually rated better than my current number one Cvancara which I find to be insane,due to the lack of registration rules in the fifth tier it will be extremely easy in getting Slebodnik game time.

Primary Nationality Tracker

5a854b31c12384dd3fa3d6cdcb761351.png

Edited by B.W.G
Posted (edited)

April 2023

Fixtures

5b9c811df3365c53ba517017fe643038.png

Table

32bc8310509b0da17376fd4cafea1376.png

Somehow four points from nine was enough for us to lift the title but in all honesty our performances in the last two games of April was boarding on embarrassing.No problems with the game against Zličín,the attackers had an off day against Přední Kopanina and I doubt they would have scored if we played for another ninety minutes.The game which annoyed me the most was against Hostivař,all three of the opposition goals came from defensive mistakes and Hostivař only had seven shots all game,I can consider my attackers unluck as we did have two goals disallowed in the first half and we hit the bar in the second half but we were never going to win with how the defence played.In other news,a major change to the club will be occurring in July and it means that none of the team are guaranteed to be safe with what is happening.

We play our last two games of the season in May and we will be facing Dolní Počernice and Dukla Jižní Město,I will be demanding a much better performance than what we put in at the end of April.The only other thing to note is that I will be carrying on try and find a suitable u19 manager as I had no success in April but that means I can say I won't lose another one this season.

Edited by B.W.G

Talk about Staff loyalty these days!

83a54459f43f3b116d4f270c4951965e.png

56e407ee083efdba57c409ec5cc79c28.png

If it wasn't bad enough that I can't keep hold of my "B" Team and u19 manager's,now my chairman is leaving and he has been in his role for less than a year.At least I can say that I am loyal as I have been at the club for three seasons!

May 2023

Fixtures

211a771ee9e45ae9158e39993d08a85b.png

League Table

43dde8dc59ff9defa7d6402cab8aed20.png

It was a slightly better month as we picked up four points from six to finish the season on somewhat of a high.The game against Dolní Počernice was abysmal and all the blame can be placed on the attackers as they did not look bothered throughout the match,it got to the point where I subbed both strikers only for their replacements to play just as badly,we really should of won that and a loss on penalties isn't acceptable.At least we won the game against Dukla Jižní Město and we put in a great performance but why couldn't we do that against one of the worse teams in the league then beat one of the best.Also special mention to my nemesis from the first season Tempo Praha,this is a second successive second place so let's hope they can go further in the playoffs this season.

End of Season update to follow then onto the fourth tier we go!

Prazsky Prebor - End of Season - 2022/23

Season Review

Four players were released as I begun to get rid of players who can be considered as deadwood,these four were that bad that they all ended up retiring after failing to find another club.Three players left to join other teams,I did offer them contracts to try and get them to stay but that failed and they moved on.We bought in eight players as I wanted to strengthen the team enough to get into the top half and possibly push towards the playoff spot,I can say we bought well but it turned out I wasn't being ambitious enough with what was to come.

Schedule 1 - 2

Competitions

Prazsky Prebor - Winners

c1f1a37368a025dfc9b8f6ce5dc31240.png

Turns out that me aiming for the top half and possibly pushing for a playoff spot was me not being ambitious enough,we were solid up until the latter part of the season but that was more than enough to win the title and clinch promotion while being seven points ahead of the nearest challengers.The only real blip we had was mid-April to mid-May where we failed to win a single game whether it was in normal time or on penalties.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades - Best XI

c5a9c9340e6931d7c2674bad296a906c.png

Jakob Zalud

Adam Foltyn

Segun Okoh

Tibor Urminsky

Manager's Thoughts

What a fantastic season that was as we won the title and gained promotion at our first time of asking which means we had back to back promotions,the team was fantastic throughout the season with exception of the blip towards the end of the season but we won the league by seven points which is great as I was expecting a top half finish with a chance to push for the playoff spot so that shows you that I wasn't being ambitious enough with my original expectations.Off the pitch,it was the same old story with my other two teams as we lost our managers for them again to sides in the sixth tier,even my chairman is at it as we are going into our fourth season with a potential third chairman which is nuts at this point in the save.Financially we are making steady progress as our finances now sit at £35.5k,with us going up then there is the real possibility that this will go up as well due to our sponsorship expiring in June so that could net us a nice sum.

As for next season,we will have a lot of work to do in strengthening the team as our expectations is to fight bravely against relegation,that is not something I am looking forward to as fight bravely to me means it is a real possibility that they expect us to go down so if we do go down then make it good effort in trying to survive!I will have a lot of rebuilding to do so I won't be expecting to hit the floor running,the other thing which could play a factor is will we be still a amateur side or will we go semi-professional.If we are amateur than that can leave other clubs to come in and take some of our players who may have had their head turned,if we are semi-pro then that could give us a bit of security on the players if they have proper contracts,however their is always the possibility that they will be contracts for pay as you play which again leaves no security on the players.If we can offer new contracts then any new player will likely have them as they will probably be a step up on the current crop of players.Time for a very busy pre-season!

Career Stats

8fa8601a9ee9853b6bab95423cf97795.png

One Small Step...

5aa1e92dc2355d95a0ba6e503642f5e8.png

This solves my problem on whether we will be staying amateur or going semi-professional,I am pleased to say we are going semi-pro which is a great step for us as that means we can really build for the future.As for budgets,we don't have a transfer budget while we have £3,343 p.w wage budget.

Czech Republic Update

db64eba8d5eb67cab8cd4ce7e3c5c8a4.png

d0c4280413616a09117dd94996c7f75b.png

European Round Up

Slavia Prague - Made it to the group stages of the Champions league.They had quite a tough group which contained Inter Milan,PSG and Olympiakos,they finished with a record of 1-0-5 with their one win coming against Olympiakos.

Sparta Praha - Made it to the group stages of the Europa Conference League where they were eliminated after finishing third.

Slovan Liberec - Were competing in the Europa Conference League where they made it the 4th qualifying round where they were knocked out by Greek side PAOK.

Banik Ostrava - First time they have been in Europe in this save,they entered in the Europa Conference League Second Qualifying Round and were knocked out at the same stage by St.Mirren!

Champions League Progression

5e497e24e845a15a15d31b1def46d5a8.png

Europa League Progression

337f3aa7d38b6f5f621770693265b0fd.png

It looks to be that very little progression will happen in the Europa League has there was no Czech teams qualified for it and none have qualified for it for next season which means Czech Republic have lost their spot.

Europa Conference League

f37558f1ef040af6bd5e450ae71c1b70.png

Finally!
546f5b1cb1e8e5935ac08f9cdf4cebb7.png

This rumoured takeover has been going since May,it is now July 4th and the season starts July 15th,I have eleven days to get players in which it could be difficult to get a player for each position in!

Congrats on promotion.

Your offseason going semi-pro was a lot already without a takeover. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens and who is now available for you. 

On 13/03/2021 at 01:59, Sonic Youth said:

Congrats on promotion.

Your offseason going semi-pro was a lot already without a takeover. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens and who is now available for you. 

Thanks!

It's been a bit weird,the staff can get paid a weekly wage while the players are accepting amateur status so there isn't any money involved.Although with the takeover taking so long we have only managed to sign three players so far.Also the new chairman has put the pressure on us as he wants us to finish mid-table while the previous one was to avoid relegation!

Divize A - Pre-Season - 2023/24

Season Preview - Expectations

This has to be the most frustrating transfer window to date and it was all caused by the takeover.We bought in three players who are all a massive step up in those positions but I've not done as much bringing as I wanted but it will have to do now.We have had that little time to sort things out that I have not even glanced at who is leaving or will be released as all my focus was on bringing in new players for the upcoming season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

d3212bdafb0adac7b72ff6eb9ab9de31.png85fb9b4065cd8c21e8771270c837f703.png

The pre-season games went pretty well and I am pleased with how we played despite not having the team I wanted but I am happy to see the team with higher match fitness and with a decent level of morale going into the new season.I'm not actually that bothered by the 3-0 loss to Slovan Liberec as they play in the third tier of Czech football and they actually put quite a few first teamers in which I can only think that was to gain their players fitness for the upcoming season.

The Team

7085b0937f8d581abf8f9e7b22c32488.png

Samuel Getu

Adam Holub

Radim Stanek

Filip Bednar

Jiri Hribek

Manager's Thoughts

This has to be the most frustrating pre-season I have had and will probably ever had.The takeover talks went on from the day after the season ended to literally eleven days before the season started,that didn't leave me with a lot of time to get new players in but we did get three in and two of those were the weakest area of the pitch which was the left hand side so I am happy to have addressed that problem.I still have bit of time before the transfer window shuts so there will still be quite a bit of action going on but that does mean the results at the start of the season may be inconsistent as the cohesion between the players will be quite low.At this moment in time,I do have offers in for five players so hopefully we can get all of them but I think I will need some extra reinforcements for defence and midfield so there could end up being another 3-4 who will be receiving offers in the coming weeks.

The season hasn't even started yet and I want to throttle the chairman,he has actually changed the expectations for this season as he wants us to finish mid-table while the previous chairman want us to attempt to avoid relegation so there is definitely quite a difference between the two.I am generally not sure at how things will turn out as I haven't had much time to get a team sorted out so I am expecting things to start off slow before we can put a decent run together.This season will also see our first appearance in the MOL Cup which is the national cup for us,the only expectation for this is to be competitive so no one expects anything and I will be going down fighting if we are to lose.Here's to the new season,let's hope things go smoothly!

July 2023

Fixtures

d6d3fa130bcb4052c60975f0a50a232d.png

League Table

0531f2ae42aa6fd0386f21aba6ffbf87.png

I'll start off with the off the pitch business first,for transfers in,we ended up bringing seven more players in who all will play some part in the first team,the contracts are a bit of a weird one as I can't offer wages or even appearance fee but they were more than happy to accept bonuses in their contract.The first great culling also began as we released twenty players,all these players who were released were rated between 0.5* and 1.5* PA so they didn't really have a future at the club and were just taking up space.On the pitch everything went better than expected as we won our first two league games of the season which has left us sittin in third place but we do have a game in hand on those above us,Zalund was the star of the month in the league as he netted back to back hat-tricks which is fantastic.We also progressed in the MOL Cup as we beat Chrastava on penalties,this match should of been over by the 90th minute but annoyingly they equalised in the 94th minute with their third shot on target in the game but we got through in the end.

We play five times in August,four in the league and one in the MOL Cup.In the league we will be facing Český Krumlov,Petřín Plzeň,Vejprnice and Radotin,it's far too early in the season to make calls on what we should be doing or who we should be beating so all I want is for us to play to the best of our ability and see where we are at the end of August before we can start judging where we should be aiming for.In the MOL Cup we will face Chrudim,without a doubt this is the biggest side we have faced in the save as they are currently a mid-table side in the Fortuna:Nardoni Liga (2nd tier) so we are up against it,I am not expecting to win so I want us to put in our best performance possible and least go down fighting against them as we do have the home advantage due to being the lower seeded team!

23 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

I smell a 442... Do you use traditional wingers or a more modern approach?

It is a 4-4-2 but I use wide midfielders instead of wingers.

20 hours ago, B.W.G said:

It is a 4-4-2 but I use wide midfielders instead of wingers.

Can you send me a screenshot? I'm always on the look for a good 442 as it's my favourite style

August 2023

Fixtures

57a4a354fe0538055a1033d29ca2638f.png

Table

91b0f10d72df1f355ddd346237e82d07.png

August was completely solid in the league as we won all four games in the league,the first three games were all easy matches and they were one sided  while the fourth match against Radotin was a extremely hard fought match but we managed to get them both times on the counter.To finish this month still at the top with a perfect record is absolutely brilliant but I do owe a lot to the midfield who have been scoring quite frequently as well as setting up Okoh and Zalund.As for the MOL Cup.we produced as we beat Chrudim (Match Stats) and Velvary (Match Stats),the game against Chrudim was a fairly even match but our finishing won us the game as we were more clinical while we fully deserved the victory against Velvary as we were the better of the two teams against the third tier side as we move onto the third round.

September will bring us six more games,five in the league and one in the MOL Cup.In the league we have games against Viktoria Zizkov B,Soběslav,Lom,Slavoj Vysehrad B and Dobrovice.I think the first game of the month against Viktoria Zizkov B is the biggest league game of the month as they are odds on favourite (1-91) to win the title this season so this will see how well we can do,we succeeded a easier test by beating Radotin (4th favourties) last month so lets see how we do against the better quality side.We do have a easier month overall as we are facing three of the bottom four teams in the league although Lom may be a bit more difficult then expected as they have a pretty solid defence as their attack is letting them down which is the same for Soběslav so I do need to be careful.In the MOL Cup we are facing an unknown team as the first round is still being played but I think the third round is where I think the big boys like Slavia Praha and Sparta Praha enter the competition,what happens will depend on who we draw so that is in the air for the time being.

Posted (edited)

MOL Cup 3rd Round Draw

6368944a5315aef19e20a65dfb180dae.png

This is a pretty nasty tie for us as Hradec are a top flight side and currently sit in mid-table,can't say I am looking forward to this but the draw could have been a lot worse for us!

Edited by B.W.G

September 2023

Fixtures

fa268a6e17cd76ea1cab4184a720448e.png

League Table

7bca42f065344c42f2c96e022ffbfe9d.png

September was a more difficult month for us as we ended up grinding out three wins while we easily beat Lom and Debrovice and it is very easy to see why those two teams are the bottom two in the league as they are out of their depth.In the other three matches,we won them all by a single goal and all three games were very tight matches so their is definitely a noticeable difference between the bigger teams in the league and the smaller teams in the league.The one game I am glad we played them when we did was the match against Soběslav,they completely battered us in the second half and that seems to have been the turning point for them as they then won the next three games and scored twelve goals in the process so it is a good thing we played them when we did.It is brilliant to see we have a seven point lead at the top of the table but it is still early days and we do still have some tricky games coming up.

October sees us play five more times,four in the league and one in the MOL Cup.We kick the month off with the MOL Cup where we are away to Hradec Králové,I am not expecting anything from this match but I need to avoid getting battered if possible as that could have an affect on the morale of the team which is something I don't need at the moment.In the league we will be facing Spartak Příbram,Klatovy,Katovice and SK Rakovnik.We're facing three of the top seven teams in the league which is why I need to avoid a hammering in the MOL Cup match as I don't want lower morale going into games against them.I think we should be too much for Katovice so we should be able to beat them with very little problem.

October 2023

Fixtures

1aa59000f2d404c5f331c57937762d50.png

League Table

569a7ab82f151cf9f5a993a815e71d4e.png

Well this ended up being a terrible month as we only won one of four league games which was a demolition job of Katovice.I am extremely annoyed with both of the results against Klatovy and SK Rakovnik as we blew a 2-0 lead against Klatovy and a 4-1 lead against SK Rakovnik,both of the results and performance of the defence is completely unacceptable as I expect a lot better off the players.The loss to Spartak Příbram was one of those games where nothing went right for us,this was especially the case for Segun Okoh who had a goal disallowed and he missed a penalty.I really wasn't expecting a 2-0 loss against Hradec to have been this impactful on the results which came after our loss to the top flight side,the cup game saw us put in a good performance but it was easy to see the quality difference between the two sides although it did take us going down to ten men for Hradec to finally beat us.

We play three times in November and we will be facing Beroun,Přeštice and Český Krumlov.We need to improve our recent performances of late and I think these three teams are the perfect teams to do so as they are all in the bottom half so they are all very winnable games but we still need to make sure we get everything right as the defence as let us down massively and any more mistakes from them could be costly for the team and themselves.We should be able to pick up at least seven points from the next three games and that should see us stay in the fight of challenging for the top spot.

November 2023

Fixtures

45551ab41b3ddcc81667d31204a09430.png

League Table

8e7d18b8979dbf6ff9f5630ea5252835.png

After the disaster which was October,I think this was the perfect response to that as we won all three matches and retook first place and we have opened up a gap of five points.Also all three games showed that we are very quick starters as we got to 3-0 pretty quick in all three matches,I also have to praise Zalund as he somehow scored twice in the same minute against Beroun.This month also saw a new record set as Segun Okoh netted his 55th league goal for the club in the 5-0 win over Český Krumlov.Zalund himself has nearly set a new record as he currently on 20 league goals so far and the record for this currently sits at 20 so he only needs one more goal.

We're on the winter break now so there won't be much action till March when we restart the season.Between now and then the only things that will be happening is receiving the youth intake preview in December and the transfer window will open and close.With the transfer window I won't be going out of my way to sign anyone unless it's to replace anyone who could potentially leave and even then the player I will sign will have to have a higher recommended scout rating as well as be able to play a part in the first team as I will need both the ability to play now and have the potential to play at the third tier.

Great start to the season, last month apart. Next month will need the sails righted to bring your ship around for continuing a challenge for promotion.

Now I wonder if you’ve now posted the next month in the meantime :lock:

12 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Great start to the season, last month apart. Next month will need the sails righted to bring your ship around for continuing a challenge for promotion.

Now I wonder if you’ve now posted the next month in the meantime :lock:

4 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Yes, yes you did :D :lol:

Good momentum to take into the season break, especially being on top.

I was just waiting for you're second comment before responding :D 

November was the best case scenario for us as we were facing weaker sides and winning all three matches would boost our morale going into the next part of the season.Although this may take a bit longer as I'm going through scout reports and re-doing them to see how much things have changed with the players I was originally looking at!

Youth Intake Preview

0cf4e2aff2dca2b8dd19326102fb6e56.png

Not a lot to say about this intake as in general it won't be that good.The one thing to note is that like last season,the player to keep an eye on is from Slovakia!

10 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

I was just waiting for you're second comment before responding :D 

I’d seen you where also on when I was typing (phone takes much longer than computer) and had this feeling you might post another update. And then the message another update was posted popped up :D

Player reports can’t seem to keep up with levels when a team promotes quickly from what I see, much like the star rating system. Leaves you to manually sort players out by attributes and hope reports on a chosen couple give enough background.

Are you able to attract a higher caliber of player, or the clubs rep is still needing to grow a bit more?

2 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

I’d seen you where also on when I was typing (phone takes much longer than computer) and had this feeling you might post another update. And then the message another update was posted popped up :D

Player reports can’t seem to keep up with levels when a team promotes quickly from what I see, much like the star rating system. Leaves you to manually sort players out by attributes and hope reports on a chosen couple give enough background.

Are you able to attract a higher caliber of player, or the clubs rep is still needing to grow a bit more?

You're completely correct about scout reports not being able to keep up like star ratings,I had fourteen players (out of seventeen) who were rated at above 90 in Summer are now below 80 for the recommended rating.If only I could have more scouts so I could scout for potential players in the division above!

The calibre of player is improving but we're not actually close to the best players in the league so we are constantly outdoing our expectations.I think I need to maintain ourselves at a constant level which will more than likely be at the third tier anyway due to all the big teams having "B" Teams at that level.If we can stay at one level for at least a couple of season then it makes my job slightly easier on who we should be signing or avoiding as I don't have to change the level of player I am after.Luckily a lot of my players are on non-contracts so I can just release them if they are no longer of use!

March 2024

Fixtures

0a840d1303161e321a8e6797f8d0d73e.png

League Table

7af9036cbb80fc21cdb62b936baa9835.png

There was a bit of transfer news first,right midfielder Ondrej Barta left us to join Uhelné sklady and Josef Duda joined us from Doubravka,both players were of a similar level to each other but Duda is a brilliant replacement due to his versatility.We also had a major injury issue as record goal scorer Segun Okoh missed the majority of the month and only just made the subs bench against Viktoria Zizkov B.On the pitch everything went brilliantly as we won all four games and increased the gap to eight points,we easily disposed of the two teams fighting relegation while we got past two of the bigger teams in the league which included a fantastic 2-0 win over Radotin.The surprise result of the month was definitely the 5-2 win over Viktoria Zizkov B,to begin with we had four players missing,two injured and two defenders suspended so to come out with a 5-2 win despite missing a significant portion of my first tea,this win clearly showed our intent when it comes to challenging for the title.

April sees us play four more times,we will be facing Lom,Slavoj Vysehrad B,Soběslav and Dobrovice.These fixtures are similar to March's in which we faced two weaker teams and two strong teams,with eight games to go everything is still to play for so we need to pick up as many points as possible as any dropped points could be costly with Radotin and SK Rakovnik chasing us down,if we can pick up at least six points then that will be enough to keep us at the top of the table.April also sees some off field action as we will receive the next intake,there was only one player to note from the preview so I am not holding my breath for a star.

Youth Intake 2024

4e0635e2b045cd3c97ea0f3bb33181d9.png

Peter Kochan

Frantisek Hurka

Manager's Thoughts

This actually appears to be our worse intake if you take into account just looking at the star ratings but due to me moving up the league the star ratings have changed,this actually makes my life a little easier in who to keep on and who to let go.As of right now the bottom six players are goners as they wouldn't even be useful as emergency backup at this level.

The top two prospects look like they could be very useful at this level of football so I know with the right development that they will be able to play at a level of at least the fourth tier but I don't really have the ambition to stay at this level but I am confident that they can make the step up to the third tier if they meet their potential.Hurka will be the easiest for us to train as Advanced Forward is one of his better roles while Kochan needs to be trained in the MR position as he isn't a natural so he will take a bit longer.We do also have several other players who could be of use as squad players so it was actually a pretty decent intake.

Youth Intake Nationality Tracker

e917a9036a14415179f293a139848a12.png

April 2024

Fixtures

832425bf45bce3c5688601a80f1f7f4e.png

League Table

d62efbe2b9fb99a0d52ea8fd003eb5bd.png

We're going to start off with the two defeats as these were two completely different games,I had no problem with the loss to Slavoj Vysehrad B as it was a very even game where the thinnest of margins would decide who would win the game,unfortunately for us the opposition proved to be just a bit more clinical than us as we fell to defeat.The defeat to Lom was a disgrace and I don't mean the teams performance but the ref's performance instead,the refereeing was that bad that we had nine men after two sending offs and one of the red cards was successfully appealed after the match,the fact that Lom couldn't beat us with nine men in ninety minutes with the refs help is more of an embarrassment for them!Both wins were great performances for us and it's great to see Nguyen Xuan Hung start to find his feet at the club after a slow start.Six point lead at the top,four games to go....it's squeaky bum time!

I am going to play May and June in one go as it is only four game with the last game being on the 1/6.The remaining league games will see us face Spartak Příbram,Katovice,Klatovy and SK Rakovnik,we have a six point lead at the top of the table so it is still very close,two wins out of out the remaining four games will be enough to see us win the title as 71 points is the most Radotin can get but due to our superior goal difference,I don't see that being overturned.The fate of the title is in our hands and now we have to play our best to ensure we clinch the title.

Nearly there now, and promotion is earnt. 

If your getting depth from your youth intake, then that’s doubly good at this stage, and for your budget.

Will promotion to the next tier make you s as pro team?

15 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Great work in Czechia!

4 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Nearly there now, and promotion is earnt. 

If your getting depth from your youth intake, then that’s doubly good at this stage, and for your budget.

Will promotion to the next tier make you s as pro team?

Thanks!

It is good at this stage not that I get much of a budget anyway :lol: 

I honestly don't know what will happen in the next tier,there are some professional teams but there are also semi-professional sides so I guess it will be up to our board on what happens.If we do stay semi-professional then I can only hope that we can offer actual wages instead of bonus related contracts!

Another one bites the dust!!!

12d810b42770e6ddc9b951b71f8bea4d.png

79c34a3c4f5c3cdb03630cfe7e5eb32f.png

I swear I was in a similar position like this last season and the season before,the chairman announces he wants to step aside literally days before the last game of the season.This means we will be going onto chairman number four,hopefully whoever the next one is will stay longer than a season!