Freddie Sands

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Em 08/04/2021 em 13:51, SlingShot disse:

This is an update to FM22:

It's official how the 3rd Portuguese League will work.

This is how: https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=318894

@PandoraBox @FrazT @Neil Brock @Freddie Sands

I hope that's the info u guys need to change this league in the next FM!

:D

Yup, i will wait for the Portugal Championship rules for the next season, to send it all to the Coders. I'm in the dark about what will happen, because Madeira teams won't be relegated this season, therefore this season will have less relegations than expected, but there will be 20 promotions as well.

Portuguese competitions are a complete mess every single year

• 1 month later...

So during my winter transfer period the squad registration date closed on the 31st of january while the transfer window closed on the 2nd of february. This caused me to buy a player before the transfer window closed, but I wasn't able to register him to my squad lol.. I dont think this happened before, im currently in the year 2030! 

• 3 weeks later...

U19 Team ineligible for promotion

I've got a save on FM20 with Uniao da Madeira in the Portuguese Championship in my 2nd season.

My U19 team has been competing in the Portuguese U19 Medeira Division (U19 MD) where they finished 1st and qualified for the Portuguese U19 Second Division Championship (U19 SDC). The U19 SDC is split into 2 groups of 6 teams (A and B) and is made up of 10 teams from the Portuguese U19 Second Division (2 from each of the groups A-E) and the winner of the U19 MD (my U19 team) and the winner of the U19 Azores Division (U19 AD).

In the rules section for U19 SDC under promotion it states the top 3 teams win promotion to the U19 First Division (U19 1D). However it also states that Uniao da Madeira Under 19s are ineligible for promotion.

I don't understand why just my U19s are ineligible for promotion. If anyone could explain why that would be really helpful but from my point of view it appears to be a bug. I did create a U23 team this season so maybe that has something to do with it but they only play friendlies I arrange.

Surely my U19 should be eligible for promotion to the U19 1D just like every other team?

U19 MD rules.png

U19 MD Tablepng.png

U19 SDC rules.png

U19 SDC Table.png

I'm not exactly know why but SI keep a limit of teams from Madeira in !st youtn national division.

But i guess there is not 4 teams from Madeira in 1st division already and that looks like a bug

imagem.png.39197b0abf199b7569e612a6f0473307.png

Ok so I found the following in the advanced rules under :Portuguese U19 Second Divison : Stages : Stage 1 - cham (group) : League Settings (All Groups)

For whatever reason, all teams from the U19 Madeira Division cannot be promoted, so it's not a bug just a setting. This is using database version 20.4.0. I cheked the original FM20 database and this rule is also active in that database.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?

1700363811_U19SDRules.thumb.png.3f0bcea7ea03c76b9c1e0ed82b66778c.png

What the competition rules say about this is: 

ARTICLE 11 QUALIFICATION

1. The National Championship of the U-19 Division I is disputed by 24 Clubs, qualified under the terms of the present Regulation. 

7. Participation in these Competitions is mandatory for all Clubs that have qualified in the previous season, in accordance with the applicable regulations.

9. Without prejudice to the provisions of number 1, the maximum number of Clubs participating in the National Championship of the U-19 Division I, per Autonomous Region that can compete in the Championship is limited to 2.

10. In view of the limitation provided for in number 7, the Clubs representing the Autonomous Regions in the National Championship of the II U-19 that sportingly obtained the right to participate in the National Championship of the I U-19 Division, play 2 games, one in the capacity of visitor and another as a visitor, with the Club of its Autonomous Region, worst ranked in the National Championship of the 1st Division of U-19, in order to guarantee the right to compete in this Championship.

ARTIGO 11º QUALIFICAÇÃO

1. O Campeonato Nacional da I Divisão de Sub-19 é disputado por 24 Clubes, qualificados nos termos do disposto no presente Regulamento.

7. A  participação  nas presentes Competições é obrigatória  para  todos  os  Clubes  que  se tenham qualificado na época anterior, de acordo com os regulamentos aplicáveis.

9. Sem prejuízo do disposto no número 1, o número máximo de Clubes participantes no Campeonato Nacional da I Divisão de Sub-19, por Região Autónoma que podem disputar o Campeonato é limitado a 2.

10. Face   à   limitação   prevista   no   número   7,   os   Clubes   representantes   das   Regiões Autónomas    no    Campeonato    Nacional    da    II    de    Sub-19    que    tenham    obtido desportivamente o direito a participar no Campeonato Nacional da I Divisão de Sub-19, disputam 2 jogos, um na qualidade de visitante e outro na qualidade de visitado, com o Clube da sua Região Autónoma, pior classificado no Campeonato Nacional da I Divisão de Sub-19, com vista a garantir o direito de disputar este Campeonato.

So nothing about the problem you have.

A thing to be correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Did any or all of these competition bugs get sorted oit in the latest winter patch? Saw a lot of complaints from before the final update but not much info after that. I really wanna start a save in Portugal, but mot if there are game breaking bugs in the league..

20 hours ago, zindrinho said:

Did any or all of these competition bugs get sorted oit in the latest winter patch? Saw a lot of complaints from before the final update but not much info after that. I really wanna start a save in Portugal, but mot if there are game breaking bugs in the league..

I played in Portugal for three seasons on the most recent patch and have not noticed any bugs ! 

2 hours ago, DoubleR said:

I played in Portugal for three seasons on the most recent patch and have not noticed any bugs ! 

Sounds great, thank you for answering. I'm a real slow player so 3-4seasons is usually what I do, takes hundreds of hours so I'd hate to have a game breaking glitch 1-2 seasons in when I am the most immersed in the save game!

• 1 month later...

hey everybody I got a question. I'm playing an online save with one of my mates. We started in the portuguese 2nd tier and both got promoted in our first season. TV money for the next season comes in, and he gets 5m while I get 999k.
At first I thought this might be a one off. But with us now entering our third season in the top flight (I finished 4th and 5th, he finished 6th and 3rd respectively), he's getting 5.3m while I'm still stuck at 999k.

Our club reputation is exactly the same, with me being ahead in the rankings of national clubs. We even had a friend join us for one season (he got relegated) and he also got 5m in TV money despite managing a much smaller club than me. Now what do I make of this? Is this a glitch and is there a way to fix it? 4m is a pretty significant amount of money considering the budgets we are working with and thus a pretty big handicap.

Thanks for reading this far. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The clubs we are managing are:

Académica de Coimbra - Me
CD Feirense - Friend
VIlafranquense - Friend (dropped out/relegation)