Suggestion: Better B-Team Implementation

Btek

Hey everyone,

So, I don't if this has been dicussed (I couldn't find a topic on here), but I posted a short post on Steam about it and was redirected to post it here as well. (I am using BVB II as an example)

I wanted to try something new and decided to manage BVBII with the idea that, if BVB coach got fired some day, I could handle a couple of matches and, if I did well, would be hired as head coach. I played 2 seasons and noticed quite a few glaring issues that make the experience difficult. (I enjoy being head coach of BVBII)

Club vision

As any club, the B-teams have a club vision. The things are clear (Sign under-23 players, help train players for the BVB, etc.) but how the board feels about your progress makes no sense.

1. I was promoted to league 3 Germany. The board said I had to be competitive and end mid-table. Well, I won the league and the board was devastated that I didn't end up in the mid-table. :confused: 
  2. I have to play players that got send by BVB. My squad had, during the season, 52 players. Some I could train, others not. The board was devastated that I didnt play all the players. I mean, I want to win and play competitive football whilst training players. But if I don't know which players need to be trained by BVB, how can I help?
  3. Sign under-23 players. Okay, that shouldn't be a problem. But with what budget? Or how can I ask the board to sign those youngsters? Even if I could sign younsters, they do not want to come, because I am BVBII, not BVB. I don't mind not being able to sign the future Messi's, etc. but I also don't want to just searching free agents. There should be a balance. Also, BVBII reputation should be tied to BVB.

Staff

As it currently stands, I get coaches assigned from BVB but I can also sign staff. However, I cannot fire certain staff members. I even ended up with 2 ass. managers: 1 I signed and 1 was provided by the club. If you are treating the B-teams as independant, with their own board, I should be able to hire and fire all my staff.

Players

As mentioned before with under-23, I have so many players I do not see what and how.

1. I feel players just get send, even if they are not good enough. Why in god's name does BVB send me 1 star players who are 21 and really are not great to play for a league 3 team (regional at best).
  2. I am also not able to assign position and individual training to 60% of the players. Why do you send them to me?
  3. Extending contracts: I have a good goallie, who doesn't want to extend with my team. BVB didnt do anything, so I took over at BVB and signed him to a contract, which he accepted. This is happening to 90% of the players. How am I able to develop players for the first-team?
  4. If BVB takes or drop players from/at my team, let me know. 2 games in quick succession: My striker scored 2 goals, we won. Next game: where is my striker? Did we sell him? Is he on loan? Found him at BVB. Let me know that you are taking him. Also, you drop of a player: I dont recognise him. Okay, I can train him. What does BVB want me to do with him? 

I am just missing this close collaboration between BVB and BVBII regarding player development. Irl, I think the parent club would tell you what they are expecting from the player.

Board

1. So, this is the most confusing part: Why are there 2 seperate boards for parent and b-team? Also, when I applied for BVB's position, they were disappointed that I applied for their parent club?:confused:
  2. They rejected everything, from adding new coaches, etc. but when I go and talk to them, they accept.:seagull:.  It is very funny but you know what I mean.
  3. If there are 2 seperate entities, why does BVB set my wages? Why do I not get a transfer budget? etc

Scounting

This one is weird: we do not share scouting knowledge. Like, why? Is this also in irl? Just bit confusing.

Final note: The German B-teams train semi-proffessional. How am I able to get the best out of players on a semi-proffessional training? I can request to make BVBII a proffessional team, but it takes a year to make the change complete. Already under review.

There are probably more things happening that I just didnt notice. I think, even if you manage BVB, etc., having better B-team mechanics would make the clubs, who have those teams, more special.

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to see some things changed to create a more in-depth experience.

Edited by Btek

6 hours ago, Btek said:

Final note: The German B-teams train semi-proffessional. How am I able to get the best out of players on a semi-proffessional training? I can request to make BVBII a proffessional team, but it takes a year to make the change complete.

This part is apparently under review as a bug by the dev team