FMF Order and Unique ID assignment.

So where and how does FM actually append Unique IDs for custom files that add a league or a club to the database? I i think it is top down in the initial DB setup screen and uses the file name you save it as in the editor and not the filename in the explorer. 

It would be good to know for graphics purposes.

2 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

I i think it is top down in the initial DB setup screen and uses the file name you save it as in the editor and not the filename in the explorer. 

yes, this is what I have determined as well. It loads the top of the list first, where top-->bottom is determined alphabetically.

related (in case it is also helpful): I think I determined the order the game loads graphics files, if there are conflicts (e.g. two different graphics packs with different config.xml files that assign different backgrounds to the same id). It always takes the 'config.xml' files that are closest in folder structure first. (i.e. the config files that are several folders deep get read later). I don't think it goes alphabetically through folders, but i might have messed up when testing this.

12 hours ago, kcinlober said:

yes, this is what I have determined as well. It loads the top of the list first, where top-->bottom is determined alphabetically.

related (in case it is also helpful): I think I determined the order the game loads graphics files, if there are conflicts (e.g. two different graphics packs with different config.xml files that assign different backgrounds to the same id). It always takes the 'config.xml' files that are closest in folder structure first. (i.e. the config files that are several folders deep get read later). I don't think it goes alphabetically through folders, but i might have messed up when testing this.

Another guy in another thread had a theory it reads the graphics files top down in the graphcis folder. I can KIND of confirm this

• 2 weeks later...

Up to FM20 the graphics did read top down, and I think they still do.

For FMF files,  it now seems to be determined by the title in the editor (rather than file name alone). I had some issues, but when I resaved the FMF within the editor and made sure the title started with a leading 0, then a leading 1, then a leading 2, in the order I wanted it worked.

Just to be safe I led the actual file names in my editor folder in the same order, but before I changed the titles in the editor it wasn't working 100% of the time.