The FM 2021 AMC thread

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Incubus89 said:

Yeah it does suck but it's well paid so I'll take it for now! Do you have a link to how to create gifs to put on here btw?

Take the money while you can! :thup:

I use a program called ScreentoGIF, was very straight forward, just make sure you use 2D else the GIFs are too long  won't upload on here  

Thanks mate, I'll have a go tomorrow when I get back from work. Currently navigating a transfer window on my Sociedad save. Just transitioned by letting pretty much all my first team players except Oyarzabal, Le Normand, Remiro and Merino go and letting my wonderkids come through. Fingers crossed we're still going to be dominant in Spain. Also, if you've played in Spain, have you noticed Real and Barca make some really weird transfers?

6 minutes ago, Incubus89 said:

Thanks mate, I'll have a go tomorrow when I get back from work. Currently navigating a transfer window on my Sociedad save. Just transitioned by letting pretty much all my first team players except Oyarzabal, Le Normand, Remiro and Merino go and letting my wonderkids come through. Fingers crossed we're still going to be dominant in Spain. Also, if you've played in Spain, have you noticed Real and Barca make some really weird transfers?

You sound a bit like Sir Alex when he brought the class of '93 through

I don't manage there much to be honest, how do you mean? Like, they're bringing in low quality players? Could be a great thing for you!

Haha probably the first time I've ever really tried to do it properly and not just bung in wonderkids wherever. The two strikers I've got coming through are both really promising, stats look awesome but seem to struggle to get going. The defenders and centre mids have been outstanding. A class of '93 is what I'm aiming for definitely. 

Yeah just really random. Real sold Rodrygo and Vinicius Junior and loaned in Liam Delap (who has not developed at all) and then bought Lewandowski (physicals are pretty much all under 10) to replace them. Barca sold everyone and just kept loaning in players from City and Liverpool, which maybe why they've finished 7th twice now. 

so have started a new save with Sampdoria - haven't managed to do loads in the transfer market as there was a transfer embargo and we got bought by a consortium.  Managed to bring in Wilshere on a free, Ahmedhodzic and Bajic bought and Gedson Fernandes on loan.  This formation was going great guns in pre-season but have opened the season with two loses.  Any thoughts?  Creating lots of chances but not putting anything away

2021-10-16.png

2021-10-16 (1).png

2021-10-16 (2).png

2 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

cheers @Johnny Ace, he's actually an 18 year old wonderkid i just bought!  have a more established keeper I can slot in, its just he let in 4 goals in the first game.  agree on the stats, i am guessing it will click soon. both teams played a 4-3-3 against me

You could keep playing but expect to ship some goals whilst the develops, hopefully it's sooner rather later :thup:

22 hours ago, jdubsnz said:

Any thoughts?  Creating lots of chances but not putting anything away

It looks like Caputo is consistently isolated and your team is struggling to find him. Many of the Italian teams play 3ATB and I find AF tends to be an absolutely awful role against these teams - CBs in FM21 tend to just sit AFK in their own half when their team has the ball, so countering against them can be super hard with a single striker.

"Very Narrow" also seems like a recipe for frustration against 3ATB teams, especially since wide players in the AM strata already sit very narrow when their team has the ball.

Late edit: I would also consider moving Damsgaard to a more central role and finding a pacier player to play that IFs position for you. I might be biased by watching him IRL, but Damsgaard IMO is not quick enough to play on the wing.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

22 horas atrás, jdubsnz disse:

so have started a new save with Sampdoria - haven't managed to do loads in the transfer market as there was a transfer embargo and we got bought by a consortium.  Managed to bring in Wilshere on a free, Ahmedhodzic and Bajic bought and Gedson Fernandes on loan.  This formation was going great guns in pre-season but have opened the season with two loses.  Any thoughts?  Creating lots of chances but not putting anything away

2021-10-16.png

2021-10-16 (1).png

2021-10-16 (2).png

I am currently at preseason with a similar setup of role/duty and the team has been playing very well, but the AF/AP-At pair have not been scoring, same problem that you have. So I have been trying using an AM-At with PIs to roam, play on the flanks and take more risks, and I did try Poacher, TM-At and liked the "mobile AM/static striker" combo. But I will also test the AM with a PF-At, I think It will also work very well. I would like to use a Complete Foward-At, but It is hard to find on LLM.

1 hour ago, Sneaky Pete said:

It looks like Caputo is consistently isolated and your team is struggling to find him. Many of the Italian teams play 3ATB and I find AF tends to be an absolutely awful role against these teams - CBs in FM21 tend to just sit AFK in their own half when their team has the ball, so countering against them can be super hard with a single striker.

"Very Narrow" also seems like a recipe for frustration against 3ATB teams, especially since wide players in the AM strata already sit very narrow when their team has the ball.

Late edit: I would also consider moving Damsgaard to a more central role and finding a pacier player to play that IFs position for you. I might be biased by watching him IRL, but Damsgaard IMO is not quick enough to play on the wing.

sounds about right, am coming up against either 3 at the back or 4-3-3 with a DM - cant say my striker has done much.  Interesting point on Damsgaard, he was amazing on his debut, got 2 goals but has been pretty pants since - he only has 13 pace.  Have bought Thiago Almada for the AP spot with Wilshere as back-up, but could give him a go.  The only person in my team with genuine pace is 17 year old Ricky Jade Jones! Might try him out in a cup game

15 minutes ago, Tsuru said:

I am currently at preseason with a similar setup of role/duty and the team has been playing very well, but the AF/AP-At pair have not been scoring, same problem that you have. So I have been trying using an AM-At with PIs to roam, play on the flanks and take more risks, and I did try Poacher, TM-At and liked the "mobile AM/static striker" combo. But I will also test the AM with a PF-At, I think It will also work very well. I would like to use a Complete Foward-At, but It is hard to find on LLM.

having the same where my AP and Striker are pretty toothless.  As @Sneaky Petesaid, lots of 3 at the back in Serie A which might be a reason.  I'm wondering if changing the AP to a trequartista could be an interesting move. Not sure if AF is the right pairing for a trequartista?

Also thinking if changing the AP(a) to Ap(s) and putting the IF and winger on attack might make us hum a bit more

3 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

Not sure if AF is the right pairing for a trequartista?

I generally prefer DLFa with TQa. That way you'll see the TQ release the DLF into space and the TQ overlapping the DLF when the DLF comes deep.

I'm not a fan of CFa with TQa - it can work with exceptionally intelligent players, but a lot of the time it results in "too many cooks in the kitchen" phenomenon since they both have basically limitless creative freedom.

17 minutos atrás, jdubsnz disse:

having the same where my AP and Striker are pretty toothless.  As @Sneaky Petesaid, lots of 3 at the back in Serie A which might be a reason.  I'm wondering if changing the AP to a trequartista could be an interesting move. Not sure if AF is the right pairing for a trequartista?

Also thinking if changing the AP(a) to Ap(s) and putting the IF and winger on attack might make us hum a bit more

On FM 17 I used a Treq with a Poacher on a 4411 and I liked it a lot, I think it is a nice combo. But as I play LLM, maybe a Treq will be harder to find. So I will probably stick with the AM-At plus PIs and see which striker works better ahead, as I really don't like the AP-At in the hole. 

Or maybe I can use @Sneaky Pete's suggestion and try a Treq with the DLF-At, really curious about that combo.

Edited by Tsuru

7 minutes ago, Tsuru said:

a Treq with a Poacher on a 4411

I actually like this combination quite a lot too, but ironically it's because the poacher does a lot of DLF-like stuff in the buildup.

He obviously stays high, but unless he has PPMs or TIs to do so he doesn't go running the channels willy-nilly, and unlike the CFa he's not going to try all sorts of weird stuff with the ball.

we are doing well results-wise since our first two opening games, but we are boring the pants off the fans! Have tried swapping the AP with a SS and a T but doesn't really change much. I'm going to change a CD to a BPD to try and get a bit of creativity going. Defensively we are very solid though!

2021-10-17.png

Honestly I always really struggle in Italy. As much as I've come to love the 4231 after the advice in this thread, the most success I had there was with a 424. Give the 3 at the back all kinds of problems. 

Sticking to the 4231 though, I did Milan save after seeing @Johnny Ace's talk about it and the TQ and DLF(a) worked pretty well for me. Looked for the overlap on the flank with an IF and focus on the flanks to try and encourage more doubling up on the wing backs.

Edited by Incubus89

11 hours ago, Incubus89 said:

Honestly I always really struggle in Italy. As much as I've come to love the 4231 after the advice in this thread, the most success I had there was with a 424. Give the 3 at the back all kinds of problems. 

Sticking to the 4231 though, I did Milan save after seeing @Johnny Ace's talk about it and the TQ and DLF(a) worked pretty well for me. Looked for the overlap on the flank with an IF and focus on the flanks to try and encourage more doubling up on the wing backs.

On this, I did think about having two up front with an AP although I’m not sure what that would look like! Maybe a diamond shape but that feels to exposed? Or some version of a 3-5-2?

1 hora atrás, jdubsnz disse:

On this, I did think about having two up front with an AP although I’m not sure what that would look like! Maybe a diamond shape but that feels to exposed? Or some version of a 3-5-2?

I tested some two striker formations in FM 21 and the best one was a British 4-4-2, but even that did not work very well. The main reason is that in many two striker formations, one of them retreats to "do the midfield", open space, receive the ball and pass it to the other one, which is normally "the goalscorer". But this kind of playstyle, which was very common in the 80´s and 90´s, looks very easy to block nowadays. Against me, opponents used to man-mark the "goalscorer" or reduce his space to play and, as we did not had another man attacking the box, we were not regularly scoring.

So you can say, "why not a 5-3-2 with advanced wingbacks or a 4-4-2 diamond"? I like them both, but then the problem is another: you only have one man in each flank, which puts a ton of burden on them. They have to help the defence on early transitions, support the midfield, give width to the team, find space on the flanks against packed defences, and do some nice passes or perfect crossings when the midfield is too crowded for your midfield to find your strikers. There is also a chance they will get overloaded by 2 vs. 1 combinations between a fullback and an AML/AMR.  It can work, of course, but I truly believe you would need excellent fullbacks/wingbacks and an excellent strategy to open space for your team to score.

If you want something more simple and easy with an AMC, I truly believe it is much easier to set up a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 DM Wide (with the AMC being the third man of the midfield). 4-4-1-1 can work too, but I believe it is more suited to counter attacks.

Hi @Incubus89I am doing my preseason and I really liked the TIs you suggested: Positive mentality, Play out of Defence, Focus Play Right/Left, Roll it Out, Counter, Higher DL and LOE. The team is playing exactly the way I want, it is "bitting" the ball, closing up spaces and attacking quick and fast enough in an intense way.

However as I said before on the topic I didn´t like the AP-At/AF combo, my AFs are being easily drawn out of the game and the team is simple lumping the ball foward for no reason, we are controlling matches but always struggling to score. I am considering two other options, without removing or changing any TIs:

image.png.5dd1c9e5173e24052cb0f9482890a6fa.png

I used this one on some matches and in general I liked it, the Poacher plays well as a single striker. I also used the PIs "Roam from Position", "Move into Channels" and "Take more Risks" on the AM so this is a "static striker/mobile AMC" combo, in which the front man moves less and the AMC roams around him looking for space. And we always have the IF-Su creating some chances too on his diagonal moves. 

This would be our other option:

image.png.d226444a34e6a73f2b8e287b2a9e981c.png

This would change the structure a little bit more, with the AP playing on the flank. The nice part is that we would have two men attacking the box from the middle, and both are goalscorers. But maybe our game would be too concentrated on the middle and the AP-Su is not a very dangerous goalscoring role.

I am more toward the first one, I think it is simpler and less demanding (basically a different version of the AP/AF original combo), but maybe testing the second one wouldn´t be a problem too.

Edited by Tsuru

I think I've finally cracked the nut I've been searching for. I've moved on from my lazio squad to manage Barca, and brought with me two of my all time favorite FM players. One of them is really morphing into the Fantasista I've always wanted. He plays so amazing. I just saw a cracker of a goal this morning and recorded it. 

How do you do the gifs/videos that you can post on here? I can always put it on my youtube but easier if you can watch in line here. @Johnny Ace

Here is my guy.... I think the mentals and technicals are important, as always, but I think he's truly been a step above because of those physicals. 

image.thumb.png.20d7c523a423405e14f76df3e93a8951.png

I have him playing as a Trequartista in the AMC slot and its working great. I'm so happy seeing this role finally working well. His assists are down in the AMC slot from when I had him playing as an AP-A in the CM slot, but his goals are much better.

image.thumb.png.e45ed8fdf210d0d06135301361f3b501.png

3 minutes ago, 04texag said:

How do you do the gifs/videos that you can post on here? I can always put it on my youtube but easier if you can watch in line here. @Johnny Ace

I use ScreentoGif, save them then upload them to here the same as you do a picture. Added the YouTube link works too but I've not done that for a while

Jacek looks like an absolute dream to manage, what a player! :brock:

My two stars I brought from Lazio are amazing. Jacek is more the creator, but Goncalo Lacerda is basically a hybrid Neymar Maradona wanna be. His finishing isn't as high, but if you've ever seen @Mikaelinho 's stuff on finding the next neymar or maradona, (which I can't speak highly enough, search for it if you haven't) this guy actually I think meets both reqs. Amazing. Here is that goal. I use a CF-s to pull defenders out of position, then attack space with IF-A  -   T-A   -  IW-A. You can see Tozi drops deep and pulls defenders then quick back pass before the Mez splits the defense with a through ball to Jacek for the goal.

File size is too big on screentogif and gotta go to work, so here is a youtube link (sorry, and might be processing a min)

image.thumb.png.7adb095848d129866dd7e2e2908e9a25.png

23 saat önce, 04texag said:

My two stars I brought from Lazio are amazing. Jacek is more the creator, but Goncalo Lacerda is basically a hybrid Neymar Maradona wanna be. His finishing isn't as high, but if you've ever seen @Mikaelinho 's stuff on finding the next neymar or maradona, (which I can't speak highly enough, search for it if you haven't) this guy actually I think meets both reqs. Amazing. Here is that goal. I use a CF-s to pull defenders out of position, then attack space with IF-A  -   T-A   -  IW-A. You can see Tozi drops deep and pulls defenders then quick back pass before the Mez splits the defense with a through ball to Jacek for the goal.

File size is too big on screentogif and gotta go to work, so here is a youtube link (sorry, and might be processing a min)

image.thumb.png.7adb095848d129866dd7e2e2908e9a25.png

04texag Could you share your tactic with details ? I want to try it on my fm18 save.

2 hours ago, yaşar said:

04texag Could you share your tactic with details ? I want to try it on my fm18 save.

Likewise. Still playing this Sampdoria save and it is really hard to get into. We just draw so many games. I even plugged this in for a few games (

) which did ok but I am just struggling to get anything going attack wise. It’s tough playing against lots of 3 at the back formation, we tend to do better against better teams as there is more space 

1 hour ago, halfspace3000 said:

i feel like most tactics from 21 will work on 22, promising signs 

I loaded up my most recent 4231 iteration mentioned above with Benfica. Just started but I think central play and most things tactically will play similar. 

That said, one thing to test will be the difference when facing 3 at the back sides and how the new role might play out differently.

53 minutes ago, Tsuru said:

I will stick with FM 21 as I love my Wrexham save, but I will keep an eye on this topic and on the 22 one for the good and new AMC ideas.

Ya, my FM21 save I'm not ready to leave yet with my two fav players ever helping me restore Barca to glory. But I can't NOT play the Beta for a few to mess with the changes. I can't wait to see the data hub as that type of analysis is right up my alley.

8 minutos atrás, 04texag disse:

Ya, my FM21 save I'm not ready to leave yet with my two fav players ever helping me restore Barca to glory. But I can't NOT play the Beta for a few to mess with the changes. I can't wait to see the data hub as that type of analysis is right up my alley.

The problem is, if I play the new one with new features and so on there is a chance I give up playing the older one. So better not to create this risk :lol:

6 minutes ago, Tsuru said:

The problem is, if I play the new one with new features and so on there is a chance I give up playing the older one. So better not to create this risk :lol:

This happened to me last year....ya would be responsible not to do that again.

17 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

First game in the beta, the signs are looking good :thup:

Untitled.thumb.png.216545b8fea28f51df1febc25b5e79ae.png

Obviously, I'll be slamming the beta so I'll do another AMC for FM22 in time if this thread was in at least a bit helpful 

nice!  just starting an Arsenal save on the beta.  Do you mind sharing? I'm thinking of going something like this (with some sort of 3 at the back version for tough away games)

2021-10-22.png

3 minutes ago, 04texag said:

I've been messing around with the Target Forward some, and it's been playing VERY well up top in a 4231.

Have been doing the same, then I ventured to the Wide Target Forward :D Loads of fun 

I feel like the Target forward has been performing like I was hoping the CF would, not sure what they did under the hood, but seeing good stuff, and without the right guy for it too. I'm going to be testing it with Dusan Vlahovic, who I'm high on and excited to see where he moves to in the future.

11 minutes ago, 04texag said:

I feel like the Target forward has been performing like I was hoping the CF would, not sure what they did under the hood, but seeing good stuff, and without the right guy for it too. I'm going to be testing it with Dusan Vlahovic, who I'm high on and excited to see where he moves to in the future.

I think the "focus play" on Target Men is actually working this year so they get more balls lumped to them & actually seem to contribute how you'd envision 

10 minutes ago, TheGhostofPaulLambert said:

You playing it on attack or support? Haven't used a TF in years and am very interested to go back 😄

I used him on support with an AM(A) & IW(A), bit of Direct play in Wales