Editor Data Files

Captain Krakatoa

vor 4 Stunden schrieb alian62:

yup . Same as Custom skins , logos , faces , .... More means more processing 

this isn't correct. graphic mods doesn't slow down your game at all

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Captain Krakatoa:

if i load many custom fmf data of league megapack (like from Weiry or Dave) , would it still slow the game down even if i ain't make those leagues playable?

Do you mean setting the leagues as "view-only" or don't load the whole Nation at all? View-only will have some effect, but not that big. If you don't load them at all then it has a very small effect, but barely noticeable. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Captain Krakatoa:

I mean if i dont load it at all, So it wouldn't be that siginificant right?

I really want to do a journeyman so i want to load many editor files and make them playable just when i want to do so

My laptop is not that good so yeah, afraid it wouldn't be feasible for my laptop in a long run

correct :) 

Sounds good to me! If you need help for a suitable setup for your laptop, send me a PM.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Daveincid said:

this isn't correct. graphic mods doesn't slow down your game at all

Do you mean setting the leagues as "view-only" or don't load the whole Nation at all? View-only will have some effect, but not that big. If you don't load them at all then it has a very small effect, but barely noticeable. 

This is correct it does slow down your game . Processing takes longer hence slower . I have done speed tests on various skins and Flute skin takes the longest because its heavily laddered with graphics and pictures . This is why the basic game is basic in the sense as it would alienate half the sales because people don't have top end computers  

Edited by alian62

vor 34 Minuten schrieb alian62:

This is correct it does slow down your game . Processing takes longer hence slower . I have done speed tests on various skins and Flute skin takes the longest because its heavily laddered with graphics and pictures . This is why the basic game is basic in the sense as it would alienate half the sales because people don't have top end computers  

Processing slows down your game this is correct, but graphics and stuff doesn't need processing, it's cached in your RAM, not your CPU-Processing-Power. 

I had some problems too with flut-skin, but it was the only one. I hadn't the issue on all other graphic-heavy skins

Edited by Daveincid