• 1 month later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, LeonardSnart said:

@Cult of Football Manager

Wonderful tactic, and even more wonderful thread.

Would you be interested in recreation of Hansi Flick's Bayern and/or National Team?

fm26_JuhDRn2czw.png.2a8faedd0a944068bc6aa5ad6c975e84.png

Thank you very much ! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm glad it's worked out so well for you!

I definitely will be looking to other recreations for FM 22 and he's high on my list. I'm currently coaching over in Canada right now at a college and we're currently going through the back end of our pre season looking to apply our own positional play philosophy! When our season dies down and FM 22 Comes out I'll definitely be back with some more stuff like this!

I might even in addition to that cross reference some of my & our stuff from real life and compare it to restrictions and issues with the match engine and to try and find the best solutions to the limitations of the match engine. We have a pretty expensive un manned camera to record our matches etc so that should be interesting to watch back in good quality.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in replicating City; these are from yesterday’s PSG match:

FEB82533-5819-4BEC-960B-B2B7C6A8D189.png.a515430dcb307809961c559be1b760ea.png

Build-up shape against PSG’s narrow 4-3-3.

DDF80115-C66B-4FBB-832D-FD0326DB7624.png.ff0b2aaa792c8a654f9897ef31399e53.png

Attacking shape. FBs are like CMs in the middle, wingers are on the flanks, CMs are on halfspaces. I see 2-5 shape up front. I don’t know other player’s positions.

F25431FA-5BA7-46D8-BC06-E84995A70850.png.7b17b15641f657dd9da66e5de919f8b3.png

Pressing shape against 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 narrow. It is clearly a 4-2-3-1. City’s defensive shape is narrow because Messi & Neymar played narrow.

476535BE-845D-4E63-9F2F-68ED3B637D94.png.deb9e0dca144b83c692b8f39639490d1.png

Sterling provides verticality and sits between LCB-LFB. LCB Laporte dribbles and passes to Bernardo Silva. FBs are ready to move inside. This season Pep often swaps RCM & LCM in matches to create variety on attacks.

B9BE44B8-C64F-403F-8891-8FA8F4648F19.png.760a0c7dee0c1cf7613052b3cf6e3260.png

Second half. Laporte again brings ball out of defence. CMs get their respective attacking positions too early. Compact vertical shape and good horizontal spacing.

Could we be all wrong about their attacking shape? This Laporte pattern changes everything. They are not playing as 2-3-5 or 3-2-5. They use a 1-4-5 shape on attack. Look at last two images. The bald tricked us…

Edited by zabyl

I was actually coaching and doing match analysis with my team when this game was on so i didn't see it apart from right at the end. But the moment you get so fixated on a physical number to determine the formations and base their " play " on that there's a problem.

Also that last picture looks almost exactly like multiple scenarios from the Everton game. They're just using different players to achieve it because of the reference of the ball and players around it. Positional Play.

I also disagree they're too high too early in that last picture that pass from Laporte to whoever that left central midfielder is at this point is completely on.

If you wanted to analyse them out of possession from the Everton game ( among others )  too you'll see all of their pressing patterns and traps in action. Sometimes a Central midfielder jumps out with the striker to press the back line and the opposite winger tucks in to maintain the midfield 3. Sometimes Jesus would drop onto their deepest midfield player and the wingers would press as a two.

I always see people say Pep did something drastically different against X,Y or Z opponent and it only takes a small bit of analysis it becomes clear it's more of a tweak then a complete switch especially when people get fixated on the formation.

En 10/9/2021 a las 0:11, LeonardSnart dijo:

@Cult of Football Manager

Wonderful tactic, and even more wonderful thread.

Would you be interested in recreation of Hansi Flick's Bayern and/or National Team?

fm26_JuhDRn2czw.png.2a8faedd0a944068bc6aa5ad6c975e84.png

What tactic do you use?

What do you guys think Phil Foden's role was against Liverpool yesterday? Winger, inverted winger or inside forward? He is left footed and played on the left. Pep has me confused yet again. :confused:

Il y a 12 heures, pats a dit :

What do you guys think Phil Foden's role was against Liverpool yesterday? Winger, inverted winger or inside forward? He is left footed and played on the left. Pep has me confused yet again. :confused:

Yeah would be interesting to emulate what he did (I mean, beside torturing Milner during the whole game)!

I feel like now more than whenever, Pep is playing strikerless with a 433/442 hybrid but the front, say 4 (Foden, Grealish, De Bruyne, Jesus) is definitely on the same line and not sticking to the opposite CDs. When regrouping, Bernardo is playing alongside Rodri in a double pivot. But he has way more freedom when in possession, thanks to his incredible work rate and technique.