[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

Carambau

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Great start! Taking benfica out to make the group stage. Hopefully you can beat PSG. good start with the green parties. Just need to hope Ajax has a couple of red parties throughout the seasonĀ 

Thanks :) I have a better feeling of being able to beat PSG than when the group draw was made... that would be an amazing achievement. LetĀ“s hope we can perform! I find Feyenoord stronger than Ajax this season but we will see...Ā 

-spacer.png

Not Quite

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

Could have been a fantastic month. ButĀ PSGĀ cruelly showed us that they are a world class team and we have a long way to go if we want to reach their heights.Ā 

spacer.png

We had qualified until the 95th minute came... One last corner (stoppage time was supposed to be only FOUR minutes!) and then the ball hitĀ ChirilaĀ and made it unstoppable for our goalie. **** happens I guess. Better luck next time. Blah blah blah.

spacer.png

Third. We will go to theĀ Europa LeagueĀ and playĀ Everton.

spacer.png

We took all our wrath out on our next opponent. Bad luck for Ajax.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

WeĀ“re still behind them.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Happy New Year

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

A very good start to the year. 3 matches in january, 3 wins. And we beatĀ AjaxĀ AGAIN.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Top of the table!

Ā 

TRANSFER NEWS

Eiting was bought for 6M by Sparta Prague,Ā NkosiĀ has been sold toĀ HeerenveenĀ forĀ 775KĀ andĀ Crystal PalaceĀ boughtĀ AshimeruĀ forĀ 3.2M. We had to bring in a replacement.

spacer.png

Robert HanssonĀ (23) joins forĀ 4,7MĀ fromĀ AGFĀ from Denmark.Ā The central midfielder is very quick and has a great work rate (17).

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

European Heartbreak Goes On

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

Aaaaand...we are out of Europe completely for this season!Ā EvertonĀ narrowly beat us over 2 legs. Whatever, we got time to concentrate on the domestic competitions now. Which by the way are looking quite good at the moment. Top of theĀ EredivisieĀ and in the quarter finals of theĀ KNVB Beker. Could be worse indeed.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

3 points ahead of our ex-bogey team.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Gotta Have Faith

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

March was a very good month as we won all of our games. The hardest of them was the game againstĀ NACĀ in theĀ KNVB BekerĀ quarter final, where I decided to play the second string team and we needed extra time to progress. After all a very pleasing month.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

With 6 points ahead, we gotta have faith...

Ā 

NEWS

spacer.png

Not the bestĀ Youth IntakeĀ weĀ“ve had.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Champions!!!

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

We have done it!Ā PEC ZwolleĀ are the Champions of the Netherlands! Who cares that we lost theĀ KNVB BekerĀ semi final againstĀ PSV? Champions!!!

Ā 

spacer.png

Fiete ArpĀ wins the EredivisieĀ golden boot for the 3rd time!

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Behold the Champions!

Ā 

EURO 2028

spacer.png

EnglandĀ retain their 2024 EURO title.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Van der Pol is slowly catching up to Letica.Ā MohammadĀ and Leonardo LuizĀ made a great leap in theirĀ development last season as well.Ā DantasĀ set a new assists record withĀ 22.Ā RambertĀ andĀ ParillaĀ had nice double-doubles as had player of the yearĀ Fiete Arp.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfer Time

spacer.png

No bis departures this season. Just a few players we did not need anymore had to go.Ā The rest are loans to develop the youngsters.

Ā 

Jefferson Sierra

spacer.png

19 year old central midfielder from Colombia. We pay 2.4MĀ toĀ Atletico Nacional. Great First Touch (16) and Technique (15). He could learn fromĀ Dantas.

Ā 

Ritchie Geurtsen

spacer.png

The 23 year old Dutch playmaker impressed me atĀ HeerenveenĀ last season. We payĀ 12.5MĀ to sign him. Vision (16), Decisions (17) and his first touch (16) make him a great prospect.

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Here We Go Again

Ā 

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Letica andĀ Van der PolĀ are basically on the same level, but experience speaks forĀ Letica.

Ā 

Defenders

spacer.png

Leonardo LuizĀ andĀ Fredrik MohammadĀ both developed very nicely in the last season. Great to see the crop get into bloom.Ā GabrijelicĀ is growing fast as well.

Ā 

Midfielders

spacer.png

I think we have a great midfield. And nowĀ GeurtsenĀ andĀ SierraĀ joined.

Ā 

Attackers

spacer.png

SkoglundĀ played the role as Target Man perfectly last season.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Key Players

Ā 

Florin Chirila

spacer.png

Security at the back.

Ā 

Andre Song

spacer.png

Running the midfield.

Ā 

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

Scoring the goals.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

A great pre-season and we finally beatĀ PSVĀ in theĀ Johan Cruijff Schaal!Ā The league starts rather well but then we draw at home to the underdogs Willem IIĀ and lose heavily to the heavyweights Feyenoord. The month comes to a close withĀ a convincing 4-0 trashing of Vitesse.

spacer.png

Hello again,Ā PSG ...

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Up there again.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Famous Words

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

We beat the once mightyĀ Ajax 4-1Ā and it was after this game that my ass man, asked aboutĀ Arps great performance with 2 goals,Ā said the famous sentence "I wouldnĀ“t swap him for anyone, not evenĀ Mason Grreenwood". Then we lose toĀ PSGĀ but its okay given it was the away game and we scored a vital goal.Ā SpartaĀ seem strong again this season so a draw is not too bad for us. A must-win againstĀ HeraclesĀ followed a massiveĀ 2-1Ā home victory againstĀ Benfica.

spacer.png

After 2 games...

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

PSVĀ march on and we follow.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

(Not So) Golden October

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

Great start but then 2 disappointing defeats against admittedly strong opposition.Ā LeipzigĀ were all over us at home and the same happened inĀ EindhovenĀ 5 days later. Luckily we were able to recover and score a vitalĀ 1-0Ā win atĀ AZĀ to keep us going.

spacer.png

Everyone can still qualify.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

PSVĀ still march on.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Gifted Goals

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

Disappointment at the beginning of the month as we lose our CL game againstĀ LeipzigĀ but it didnt come unexpected. Next was a game no fan will easily forget: We scored 8 goals against newly promotedĀ N.E.C.Ā andĀ Gift RooiĀ walked away as the Player of the match with the ball after scoring 4 (!) goals. He took advantage ofĀ ArpĀ being sidelined for some days and excelled inĀ Arps position up front as poacher. This gave us confidence and the following games were won without great effort. ThenĀ NACĀ visited us and we only managed a draw... but its ok the lads were just tired I guess.

spacer.png

A matchĀ to remember.

spacer.png

If we win againstĀ Benfica andĀ LeipzigĀ beatĀ PSGĀ we will qualify as 2nd in the group.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We overtakeĀ PSV.Ā NACĀ having a good season.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

Oui! We did it! We didĀ our job and defeatedĀ BenficaĀ at home andĀ LeipzigĀ were so kind to defeatĀ PSG. Which means were are through to the next round of theĀ Champions League!Ā All in all a great month for us, if you donĀ“t look to closely at those 2 draws at the end...

spacer.png

Here were are. TinyĀ PEC Zwolle qualified for the knockout rounds of theĀ Champions League!

spacer.png

One of the hardest draws.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

PSVĀ overtake us again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Cool Breeze

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

January didnĀ“t start well as we were beaten by old schoolĀ AjaxĀ in theĀ KNVB Beker. We made up for it by scoring 9 goals in the 2 remaining league matches.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

FeyenoordĀ had a game in hand and they made the most of it.

Ā 

TRANSFER NEWS

spacer.png

A lot of departures in the January transfer window!Ā MunozĀ was upset he didnĀ“t get as many games as he expected and made noises about it in the dressing room so off he went.Ā HanssonĀ was more diplomatic and agreed to a loan to get more playing time. YoungsterĀ MaierĀ and Reserve team strikerĀ KuppersĀ also went out on loan. ThenĀ PSVĀ came in with an offer for our keeperĀ Erik van der Pol. He definitely wanted to leave so I let him and we got niceĀ 6MĀ for him. Now we of course had to bring in another keeper to challengeĀ Letica.Ā 

Ā 

spacer.png

So we brought in 23 year old Serbian national team keeperĀ Dalibor MilovanovicĀ fromĀ LiverpoolĀ for 14.75M.Ā ThatĀ“s a lot of money for us but we were able to divide in into 3 instalments. TurnsĀ out he is way better than the agingĀ LeticaĀ already and will be our new number one with immediate effect.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

.spacer.png

Fresh February

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

An almost perfect month. But i canĀ“t fault my player for drawing againstĀ Juventus. Arp & SkoglundĀ seem to click more and more as a pairing up front.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

FeyenoordĀ fall back and we march on.

Edited by Carambau

.spacer.png

Goals, Goals, Goals

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

We were never going to win the tie againstĀ juventus, so I am not too disappointed. We scored 2 goals there so thats fine for me. The rest of the monthĀ are 3 wins in 3 league games. Get in!

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

The gap is seven points now. And only 5 games to go.

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

On 10/04/2021 at 11:08, deltablue said:

It's looking good for another title.

Yeah, we have to finish them off now :)

On 10/04/2021 at 12:26, Sheriff7 said:

Excellent!:applause:

On 11/04/2021 at 09:17, SixPointer said:

Good results in the UCL group and I feel there will be another title party in zwolle

Getting nearer to that feeling as well... :)Ā 

-spacer.png

Oops, We Did It Again

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

We secured the title already before thatĀ HeerenveenĀ game.

Ā 

spacer.png

Fiete ArpĀ wins the EredivisieĀ golden boot for the 4th time!

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Here are the Champions, 8 points ahead!

Ā 

Ā 

NEWS

spacer.png

Almost forgot theĀ Youth Intake. It was nothing special.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

Ā 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

MilovanovicĀ was planned to become our new first choice keeper, but he got injured in February and veteranĀ LeticaĀ had to cover for him for the rest of the season. But new he is fit again and ready to be our number one. Our defence made a big step forward as a unit.Ā ParillaĀ had another double-double andĀ ArpĀ became Top Scorer ofĀ  theĀ EredivisieĀ once more.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfer Time

spacer.png

ZimmermannĀ was let go because he would not keep quiet on the subject of joining a bigger club.Ā LeticaĀ left after he noticed he wouldnt be our first choice keeper anymore.

Ā 

Alvaro Fernandez

spacer.png

TheĀ Real MadridĀ academy product (26) joins fromĀ SevillaĀ forĀ 3.6MĀ after stints atĀ Manchester United, Preston North End and Celta Vigo.Ā A very technical (15) left defender with good acceleration (15) and pace (16).Ā 

Ā 

Paul Brandes

spacer.png

The 22 year old German right winger joins fromĀ Fortuna DĆ¼sseldorfĀ Ā for a fee ofĀ 5M. He already has 12 U21 caps forĀ Germany. His Technique (18) is outstanding and he can really dribble (15).

Ā 

Ā 

Julian Burkhardt

spacer.png

22 year old Colombian central midfielder who already got 2 caps for his country. Tackling (15), Determination (17) , Bravery (17), Balance (16), Stamina (16) all help him being a good Ball Winning Midfielder.Ā 5.5MĀ go toĀ Stade Brestois.

Ā 

Matteo Festa

spacer.png

Originally planned as a backup Target Man up front, the 19 year old Italian striker can also play as a central defender! His physical attributes prove that. We payĀ 1.9MĀ toĀ Genoa.

Ā 

Milenko Menting

spacer.png

We needed a 3rd keeper asĀ LeticaĀ left so we called him up from ourĀ Reserve Team. Good reflexes (14). But thats about it.

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

Ā 

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

LeticaĀ is history. LetĀ“s hopeĀ MilovanovicĀ does not get injured often.

Ā 

Defenders

spacer.png

Leonardo LuizĀ has a good backup inĀ FernandezĀ now.Ā FestaĀ is a striker, usually.

Ā 

Midfielders

spacer.png

GeurtsenĀ“sĀ at the wheel! The quality in our midfield seems to have declined a bit.

Ā 

Attackers

spacer.png

FestaĀ is missing here, but he can also play in attack. ButĀ SkoglundĀ is playing well withĀ ArpĀ atm, so why change that?

Ā 

Ā 

Key Players

Ā 

Florin Chirila

spacer.png

Security at the back.

Ā 

Andre Song

spacer.png

Running the midfield.

Ā 

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

Scoring the goals.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

First Things First

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

A great pre-season and we also beat FeyenoordĀ in theĀ Johan Cruijff Schaal!Ā The league starts rather well but then we loseĀ at home to the underdogs GroningenĀ in a strange game which has their keeper as the man of the match. Then we trashĀ Feyenoord 4-1.

spacer.png

Looks better than our recent draws in the CL.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Early birds.

Ā 

NEWS

spacer.png

Our stadium expansion is finally finished and we can now host 31.844 fans in our home games.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Winning Like Champions

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

What a way to defeatĀ Stade Rennais!Ā ArpĀ is on fire and makes short work of them. Ok, 2 goals came in stoppage time, but still...

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We go top.

Edited by Carambau

Flying start!! Before I can even congratulate on the league win.Ā ARP hasĀ the keys to the city now for sure! He must be breaking records if he keeps this is up!Ā 
Ā 

loving your new header for the updatesĀ :brock:

-spacer.png

Goals Galore

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

AnotherĀ 5-1Ā win for us in theĀ Champions League!Ā And again a hattrick byĀ Arp.Ā Man CityĀ however are too strong for us.Ā And also...Utrecht!?!Ā We loseĀ 4-5Ā in a spectacular but also strange game where every shot was a goal. This time 3 goalsĀ fromĀ ArpĀ were not enough.

Ā 

spacer.png

Looking good at half time.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We lose the top spot but who cares after 11 games anyway?

Edited by Carambau

3 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Flying start!! Before I can even congratulate on the league win.Ā ARP hasĀ the keys to the city now for sure! He must be breaking records if he keeps this is up!Ā 
Ā 

loving your new header for the updatesĀ :brock:

Thanks mate :)Ā Arp is unbelievable and somehowĀ keeps gettingĀ better every season. I wonder when he stops doing thatĀ :D

Yeah it was time to get "professional" with this career update, so I made a fancy header, glad you like itĀ :)Ā 

-spacer.png

Breaking The Waves

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

In the league we march on withĀ ArpĀ scoring 5 goals in 3 matches. But ourĀ form in theĀ Champions LeagueĀ has declined a lot. We first lose againstĀ Manchester CityĀ which can of course happen and was also expected but the we lose toĀ Stade RennaisĀ AT HOME - at team that we trashedĀ 5-1Ā in their own stadium! This makes qualifying from the group on our own impossible. We have to rely onĀ CityĀ beatingĀ Rennes.

Ā 

spacer.png

Not looking good with one game to go.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Here we are again. At least in the league.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Breaking Our Hearts

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

Wonderful month oneĀ might say, if you donĀ“t mind the AjaxĀ result. We do our job in theĀ Champions LeagueĀ and defeatĀ Partizan 5-0.Ā AndĀ Man CityĀ do what? They play their reserve team and DRAW withĀ RennesĀ and we are out and will play in theĀ Europa LeagueĀ now! Football bloody hell!

Ā 

spacer.png

Thank you,Ā Man City.

spacer.png

For this.

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We are on top withĀ NACĀ hot on our heels.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

New Years Day

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

Happy new year! 3 games, 3 wins. Really happy. AndĀ ArpĀ just cannot stop scoring this season.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

4 points ahead, butĀ FeyenoordĀ got 1 game in hand.

Ā 

Ā 

TRANSFER NEWS

Ā 

spacer.png

BothĀ ParillaĀ andĀ DantasĀ have left us.Ā ParillaĀ wanted to move to a bigger club andĀ DantasĀ was unhappy about getting fewer playing time. So they went and we collected the money. But our team is of course weakened now.

Ā 

Roberto Ramos

spacer.png

We sign the 21 year old right winger talent fromĀ Real MadridĀ academy for 775K. He is a long-term transfer hopefully.

Ā 

Joaquin

spacer.png

Another right winger, this time we payĀ 3.9MĀ toĀ Wolfsburg. A fast player with good technique, he could make at least a decent replacement forĀ Parilla.

Ā 

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Nice Draw

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

A greatĀ 3-3Ā inĀ ZwolleĀ follows aĀ 2-1Ā inĀ Vigo. We were very lucky there - new signingĀ JoaquinĀ showed his worth already. Sadly, in theĀ KNVB BekerĀ we lose toĀ PSVĀ after penalties.Ā 

spacer.png

Thats Nice.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

2 points ahead still.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Nice To Beat You

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

A loss againstĀ PSVĀ starts the month but then we steady ourselves. We even beatĀ NiceĀ away after drawing at home. Next, please.

spacer.png

Another French Team. Stronger this time, I guess.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

2 points ahead still. They are relentless.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Iron Like A LyonĀ 

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

We could be happy that we reached the semi finals of theĀ Europa LeagueĀ but the loss againstĀ AjaxĀ got us into some trouble in the league.

spacer.png

Napoli. This is gonna be hard.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We drop down to 2nd position after the defeat against damnĀ Ajax. 2 games to go.

Ā 

NEWS

spacer.png

Not a very goodĀ Youth IntakeĀ this year.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

A Near Miss

Ā 

RESULTS

spacer.png

We won theĀ Eredivisie. But we lostĀ theĀ Europa LeagueĀ final. I know I shouldnt be sad or angry but somehow I am both right now. I guess I will appreciate our great performance in some days.Ā ArpĀ only scored one goal this month. And that was a penalty.

spacer.png

It was over after the red card.

Ā 

Ā 

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

At least some consolation.

spacer.png

His best season for us so far.

Edited by Carambau