[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

4 minutes ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

shame that you never overtake Bayern just to win the title and once again bundesliga is been dominaced by bayern munich

Yes, they are relentless and seem unstoppable.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Carambau said:

Yes, they are relentless and seem unstoppable.

Yeah i wish Bayern were bad and very horrible team instead of lefting them been dominace and dominace in Football manager

Bayern Munich's dominance is like PSG in France....especially in FM....

The problem is that if you have a decent prospect on your team in Germany they swoop in and the board usually sells over your objections and then a few years later they sell them to a Premier League Team or Real Madrid for a huge profit!

On 18/06/2021 at 14:37, Hootieleece said:

Bayern Munich's dominance is like PSG in France....especially in FM....

The problem is that if you have a decent prospect on your team in Germany they swoop in and the board usually sells over your objections and then a few years later they sell them to a Premier League Team or Real Madrid for a huge profit!

Just checked Ligue 1´s past winners and it looks nearly identical...

They do a lot of strange transfers too though like selling a very good player for peanuts to me (Lamine Tapé when I was at Celta Vigo) and buying him back for much more just a couple of seasons later  :) Still, they get away with that and win and win and win.... 

7 hours ago, Carambau said:

Just checked Ligue 1´s past winners and it looks nearly identical...

They do a lot of strange transfers too though like selling a very good player for peanuts to me (Lamine Tapé when I was at Celta Vigo) and buying him back for much more just a couple of seasons later  :) Still, they get away with that and win and win and win.... 

I guess it depends on your board to and your relationship with them too. Usually if the board likes you, they may give you the reins over who you sell. Also depends on the club's reputation, the financial situation your club is in and the amount offered for a player.

Bearing that in mind, I really, really hope my board doesn't dismantle my Chemie side too. :lol:

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Transfers & Our New Team

spacer.png

Only one remarkable departure: The man with the funny name leaves for Eindhoven. He had stalled in his development and he wanted to leave anyway.

spacer.png

Highland is the English national team keeper. He was free so it would have been a crime let this go unnoticed. Milivojevic is a 17 year old left winger talent who goes to our U19Diallo is a Spanish U21 player for central midfield. Binzenbach can player either wing in offense. A familiar face: Left defender Efren Alonso joins from my former club Celta Vigo for 27M! He will be worth the money I am sure. Santamaria is another young talent who goes straight to the U19. Adrianinho is a ball-winning midfielder.

The Team

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

2 great keepers battling it out.

Defenders

spacer.png

Alonso our new left wingback. No big changes otherwise.

Midfielders

spacer.png

We got more options in central midfield now. Orlov is developing into a superb player. Fitz is looking to do the same.

Attackers

spacer.png

Both Farkas and Marquez could pose a thread to any defense.

Key Player

Tobias Orlov

The winger who can also play in attack has become one of our most important players.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Football Was My First Love, And It'll Be My Last

RESULTS

spacer.png

Great start into the new season! A hammering of lowly Freiberg followed 2 wins and a draw against Bayern. If it wasnt for that last game, we would be topping the table (almost)!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

spacer.png

Damn, this is a tough group...

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern start badly.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Sexy September

RESULTS

spacer.png

In the league, we are keeping our clean sheet but in europe it looks slightly different. We lost our first match in Eindhoven and then conceded 4 goals in that goal bonanza which was that epic 6-4 victory against Milan. A night to remember for our fans!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

All level.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern get even worse...

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Oh Oh October

RESULTS

spacer.png

Our first defeat in the league came against big guns Dortmund. Then we went on to not concede any goal until we met Karlsruhe in the DFB Pokal, but won nevertheless.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

Tight affair.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern are coming!

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Hard Work

RESULTS

spacer.png

Wonderful series of results. The win against PSV was crucial as it gives us the chance to qualify by our own means.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

We need to win our last game to secure qualification. In Milan!

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

A nice view.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

A Near Miss

RESULTS

spacer.png

We continued our nice run in the league but lost the crucial game in Milan.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

So it´s the Europa League then. We will face Lille.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

It is starting to get serious.

NEWS

spacer.png

spacer.png

A Hannover 96 player among the big stars! This really was a fantastic signing! A he came for free!

Edited by Carambau
2 hours ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

A Near Miss

RESULTS

spacer.png

We continued our nice run in the league but lost the crucial game in Milan.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

So it´s the Europa League then. We will face Lille.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

It is starting to get serious.

NEWS

spacer.png

spacer.png

A Hannover 96 player among the big stars! This really was a fantastic signing! A he came for free!

it about this time that another bundesliga team win the league instead of bayern

19 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

it about this time that another bundesliga team win the league instead of bayern

You are right :)

14 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

What year are you in? When was the last non Bayern Winner of the Bundesliga before you?

It´s the 2042/43 season now. The last time Bayern was not the winner (it was RBL) was 2029/30 while I was still at Zwolle :) 

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

It's nice seeing Bayern struggle a little ;)

Absolutely. Just hope they continue to struggle ;) 

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

New Year, New Hope

RESULTS

spacer.png

Two expected wins and one expected defeat. This sums up our January pretty well.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern moved into 3rd position, but the gap is still 8 points.

NEWS

spacer.png

We sold 3 players, one of them a prominent name: Ayhan Güler moves to the country of his ancestors. He was angry at being benched for the first half of the season, but his rival showed that he is much better, so he went. Tetteh and Kellner were making noises and so they went too.

spacer.png

We bring in Argentinian U20 player Claudio Alba from Boca Juniors for 5M. The 18 year old has potential, but also still a lot to learn.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Nerves Of Steel

RESULTS

spacer.png

We crash out of the cup after extra time against Leverkusen. But in the league we keep our winning record which is crucial, as our hunters keep up too. And we beat Lille!

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern had 1 draw besides their wins this month, so now its a gap of 10 points.

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

(Not) Marching On

RESULTS

spacer.png

A home defeat to Dortmund and a loss at lowly Dusseldorf. I would have expected a minimum 3 points from these 2 games. At least we are through to the Europa League quarter finals against Arsenal.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Suddenly it´s only FOUR points...

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Coming Close

RESULTS

spacer.png

A lot of tight and lucky games for us there! The win against Wolfsburg came after we scored twice deep into stoppage time! Same against Gladbach when we scored the winning goal shortly before the end. A penalty thriller against Arsenal saw us through to the Europa League semi final against Valencia, but we lost the 1st leg 0-1. 

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

So close, yet so far... we need 4 points to secure the title!

YOUTH INTAKE

spacer.png

Marcel Maier looks like a good talent.

Edited by Carambau

One more win in the Bundesliga and now it will be back to back titles!

Maybe you will be on the way of breaking Bayern......

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

One more win in the Bundesliga and now it will be back to back titles!

Maybe you will be on the way of breaking Bayern......

We are indeed on our way... :)

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Triumph

RESULTS

spacer.png

We did it! We are the new Bundesliga Champions dethroning eternal Bayern! And we even managed to win the Europa League! The trick was to rest our whole first eleven in the game against Hoffenheim to  keep them fresh for the remaining games and it worked perfectly!

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern finally dethroned!

EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL

spacer.png

Even a red card and an own goal did not stop us!

Edited by Carambau
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well, what is there to say? Everything fell perfectly into place. And Real Madrid are now after Tobias Orlov!

TACTICAL CHANGE

spacer.png

I know they say "never change a winning team" but I want to try something new next season with 3 at the back and 2 Raumdeuters on the wings, I chose the roles to suit the players best positions and roles. Never did that before. This could end in horror as there seem to be big gaps between defence and midfield, especially on the wings but I will give it a try nevertheless. We got nothing to lose anymore now!

Edited by Carambau

Finally won the league :cool: Will be interesting to see how your new tactic set up fare next season :D 

On 25/06/2021 at 22:41, Carambau said:

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well, what is there to say? Everything fell perfectly into place. And Real Madrid are now after Tobias Orlov!

TACTICAL CHANGE

spacer.png

I know they say "never change a winning team" but I want to try something new next season with 3 at the back and 2 Raumdeuters on the wings, I chose the roles to suit the players best positions and roles. Never did that before. This could end in horror as there seem to be big gaps between defence and midfield, especially on the wings but I will give it a try nevertheless. We got nothing to lose anymore now!

finally Bayern got screwed and hannover win the title from first time in history

i wonder how hannover will hang it out in next season with Leipzig and dortmund challenge them from bundesliga title

On 26/06/2021 at 10:14, deltablue said:

Thank goodness you held on.

Yeah I was amazed how good the squad worked until the end :)

20 hours ago, john1 said:

Finally won the league :cool: Will be interesting to see how your new tactic set up fare next season :D 

It´s gonna be a gamble for sure... :) 

13 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

finally Bayern got screwed and hannover win the title from first time in history

i wonder how hannover will hang it out in next season with Leipzig and dortmund challenge them from bundesliga title

Yes, we finally did it... I wonder how next season will go too :) 

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Transfers & Our New Team

spacer.png

Talented Youngster Ludwig went to Schalke for a fee we could not refuse. All the other players leaving were surplus to requirements or just plain bad.

spacer.png

We spent 111M! The Kevin Schmidt transfer though was a transfer the board took over after I asked them to finance it.

Dyron Nelisse

25 year old Curacaoan central defender as we need more quality there now for our 3-at-the-back-defence.

Michael Köse

Former FC Bayern player whose contract ran out. Good attacking midfielder, 25 years old.

Kevin Schmidt

Our new rock in central defense. The 26 year old joins from rivals Wolfsburg.

Jens Frömming

Backup for one of the DCs.

Michael Reuter

Backup winger.

Jovair & Brian Kayiwa

Talents for our U19 team.

The Team

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Highland but Dlugosz might get some cup games. He got bags of talent.

Defenders

spacer.png

Schmidt, Nelisse & Videla should be our back three for the season.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Köse is a great free transfer! Together with Godfrey & Orlov this should make a nice row of 3 behind the lone striker.

Attackers

spacer.png

The lone warrior up front.

Key Player

Pablo Marquez

His goals are vital.

Edited by Carambau

Spending heavily into the team going into the season :cool:

Can I see screenshot of Kevin Schmidt?

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

New Season, New Tactics

RESULTS

spacer.png

What looked so good and defensively solid during pre-season (AND both Supercups which we won!) turned into a shooting gallery once the season started. At least, after some fine tuning, we were able to shut up shop against Osnabrück.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

spacer.png

Tough.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

Bayern, who else...?

Edited by Carambau

What are the tactics? I am hoping for 3 at the back....nevermind found it. 

I might make the DLF-A a DLF-S and make the AM-A.

As for midfield I might change the outside MC to MEZ and PI to stay wider....

Also consider making the BPD-D a BPD-C also the outside CB-s should have a stay wider PI when you have the ball....and consider changing the roles to Stopper. So they aggressively protect the flanks since the Ramdeuters are useless for tracking back.

My Two Cents.

Edited by Hootieleece

Crazy high scoring games in first 2 games in the league :D At least you got clean sheet in the last game ;) 

Edited by john1
2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

What are the tactics? I am hoping for 3 at the back....nevermind found it. 

I might make the DLF-A a DLF-S and make the AM-A.

As for midfield I might change the outside MC to MEZ and PI to stay wider....

Also consider making the BPD-D a BPD-C also the outside CB-s should have a stay wider PI when you have the ball....and consider changing the roles to Stopper. So they aggressively protect the flanks since the Ramdeuters are useless for tracking back.

My Two Cents.

Thanks for you suggestions - I adjusted my tactics accordingly. As I am not a big tactics expert, your input is always welcome :) 

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Crazy high scoring games in first 2 games in the league :D At least you got clean sheet in the last game ;) 

Might have had to to with my CD having played too narrowly. I changed that now and hopefully next month will see an improvement :)

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

Thanks for you suggestions - I adjusted my tactics accordingly. As I am not a big tactics expert, your input is always welcome :) 

I am no expert.....more like a dilettante, but I experiment and apply what works from other peoples saves as well.

I hope this season goes well....keep kicking Bayern.....eventually they will fall over!

3 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I am no expert.....more like a dilettante, but I experiment and apply what works from other peoples saves as well.

I hope this season goes well....keep kicking Bayern.....eventually they will fall over!

Thank you :)

We will be trying our best!

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Not So Nice

RESULTS

spacer.png

Mixed results. A great spanking of Hoffenheim followed by a loss at home to underdogs Nice. A lazy draw against HSV, must-win against Union but then a credible draw against Real Madrid.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 

spacer.png

Meh.

BUNDESLIGA

spacer.png

3rd. Ok.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

This Is The End

This might come as a surprise, but I have finally decided to end this save. I just cannot find any motivation anymore to play it. I apologize to everyone who was expecting some more Bayern challenging here, but this save has had its time. Will be looking to start a new fresh save with a more interesting challenge in the near future.

Thank you all for contributing. It was a pleasure :)

What a save this have been, enjoyed it immensely :thup: Looking forward to your next chapter.

@Carambau I understand the lack of motivation after a while. especially when you become good but can't really take the next step. The frustration becomes the reason you search for motivation. Also writing on this forum becomes a chore..... thus I  have decided that I will only do one career on the forum each year. 

I wish you well in whatever you decide and will follow whenever you start a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2021 at 23:31, john1 said:

What a save this have been, enjoyed it immensely :thup: Looking forward to your next chapter.

Thank you :) I am glad to hear that!

On 30/06/2021 at 00:26, Hootieleece said:

@Carambau I understand the lack of motivation after a while. especially when you become good but can't really take the next step. The frustration becomes the reason you search for motivation. Also writing on this forum becomes a chore..... thus I  have decided that I will only do one career on the forum each year. 

I wish you well in whatever you decide and will follow whenever you start a new thread.

Absolutely! And it´s hard to find time at the moment to write... but I will try to do my best in my Cuba save! Thank you mate :) 

On 01/07/2021 at 07:13, haier_fm said:

Good luck in wherever you go. Sometimes you need a fresh challenge, so it is understandable.

Totally. The time had come to end this career. Thanks for following :)