[FM21] Makeover In Hanover (fka En Vogue In Vigo)

Carambau

spacer.png

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Letica will of course stay our number one. Van der Pol improved a lot over the last season though, Babel not so much.

Defenders

spacer.png

New boys in town! Chirila and Kersten will start as the DC pair. Petrillo on the right and Paal on the left. Lots of talent here though.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Because of his agility and dribblings skills, Federico Parilla will feature more as a right winger than as a striker this season. The others are more or less on the same level, so everyone will get some games.

Attackers

spacer.png

Fiete Arp plus X. We will see if the youngster will outpace the veteran or if experience counts more than enthusiasm next season.

Key Players

Florin Chirila

spacer.png

The young Romanian already is a leader. He will have to lead our team from the back.

Federico Parilla

spacer.png

Our most talented new signing. I am excited to see him in action on the right wing.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

He is irreplacable.

Edited by Carambau

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

Bogey Team And Group Of Death

RESULTS

spacer.png

A great pre-season. A great first 4 matches in the Eredivise. A great team in great form. Then came PSV.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Guess who tops the table...

NEWS

spacer.png

It´s the Champions League group stage draw! If we get 3 points in this group I will be happy.

Edited by Carambau

17 hours ago, SixPointer said:

That’s one hell of a rough group that! 

Can´t think of any hard group recently ... :(

13 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

The Champions League Keeps trying to keep the little guy down....I think the Algorithm is out to get OVERACHIEVERS!

Thats what they do!! ;)

spacer.png

Drawing Is Fun

RESULTS

spacer.png

Too many draws this month, but one draw stands out of course: We managed to snatch a point from Juventus! A spectacular game, the first Champions League game ever for PEC Zwolle and we did not lose! The crowd was still singing in the stadium long after the match was over. The trip to Paris was a nightmare though. No chance. And Arp got injured and will be out for 2 weeks.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

4th. Could be worse.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Hoping For More Green Circles

RESULTS

spacer.png

Two draws against strong opposition and then we beat our most important group rival away in St. Peterburg! A lazy win against Heerenveen followed but 3 points are 3 points. Our CL group looks as follows:

spacer.png

The gap is already big enough to ensure us the Europa League knockout rounds... if there was only one game to spare.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Still 4th. Would be ok if we stayed there until the end.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Europe, We Are Here To Stay!

RESULTS

spacer.png

2 heavy defeats, but in the end it was a successful month. We trashed Zenit at home and so we secured our survival in the Europa League until next spring at least. Of course Arp was on fire again, but even he could not prevent us losing 1-4 against Juventus.

spacer.png

We even have a slight chance of reaching 2nd place, but I don´t think so.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Still 4th. Still a close race.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

E Stands For Europe

RESULTS

spacer.png

We made it to the latter stages of the KNVB Beker! This is rare enough, so it has to be mentioned. We will play Sparta away in the next round. We got only 1 point out of the games against Feyenoord and Ajax but then again I might be asking too much, we are still a small club after all. Then we hammered Twente. Defeat against PSG was inevitable, so we finished 3rd in our CL group.

spacer.png

Say hello to the Europa League!

spacer.png

We will play the old rivals from Belgium.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

1,2,3, 4th. And still a close race.

spacer.png

Lucky Cup Game Indeed

RESULTS

spacer.png

At least we are through to the next round in the KNVB Beker. We were incredibly lucky in that game, the equalizer came late in stoppage time and then we just avoided the dreaded penalty shoutout. Next opponent will be NAC in the quarter finals. Yes, THAT NAC, that beat us after this cup game.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Position FOUR.

NEWS

spacer.png

We bring in 22 year old Argentinian left winger Tomas Rambert for 7M from Newells Old Boys. He already got 12 U21 caps for Argentina and his strengths are his First Touch (17), Technique (16), Agility (19) and his Dribbling (15). Could become a vital player for us in the future.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Thats What The Fans Want

RESULTS

spacer.png

Nice League form keeps us pushing for the Champions League places. Against Anderlecht in the Europa League we were a bit unlucky. We conceded one goal too many and therefore went out. Hopefully we will learn from that.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

4th still.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Here Comes The Bogey Team

RESULTS

spacer.png

If it wasnt that sad, we´d all be laughing at our result against PSV. But there´s one good thing in march: We made it to the KNVB Beker final! After defeating Feyenoord everyone in Zwolle was celebrating! Our opponent in the final will be FC Utrecht. Looks managable. We need to score more goals though...

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

4th, but Utrecht is hot on our heels.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Silverware!

RESULTS

spacer.png

There it is! It was easier than we thought before the game. Utrecht did not have one real chance and Arp - who else - made sure we won the KNVB Beker. That we lost the following game because of still being drunk, is only a rumour...

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Utrecht overtook us but who cares. We are qualified for the Europa League because we won the cup. Tight title race up there!

Edited by Carambau

Great cup win 😀

This has been a highly enjoyable read, I do love Dutch football and the Netherlands in general. Had two great saves with Feyenoord (my team) and ADO in FM19.

15 hours ago, Joedw said:

Great cup win 😀

This has been a highly enjoyable read, I do love Dutch football and the Netherlands in general. Had two great saves with Feyenoord (my team) and ADO in FM19.

Thank you :) Nice to hear that, hope you´re getting on well with your teams!

7 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Congratulations on lifting the cup 

Thanks mate :) 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A Good Season

RESULTS

spacer.png

2 games left, we got 4 points out of them. A well deserved finish to the season.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Utrecht finishes 4th. We couldn´t care less.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Young keeper Van der Pol is getting better every season and he was the one keeper who played in our KNVB Beker games. Ashimeru continues to shine. He definitely runs our midfield alongside EitingChirila proved a solid signing for our defense as he established him as our skipper there. Mohammad also had a very convincing season. Ochoa looks like a bad signing sadly. Parilla scored 15 goals although playing as a right winger most of the time. January signing Rambert immediately cemented his position on the left wing. Jones is one year younger, but Rambert is a bit ahead of him atm. Forte scored 12 and made 11, great numbers again. Arp scored 31. We will have to get rid of some older players like Bruma and Kerk as they did their job in the short time and thats all we signed them for. Now they have to go.

WORLD CUP 2026

spacer.png

Italy beat France. Jamaica made it to the quarter finals.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Transfer Time

spacer.png

spacer.png

Francesco Forte has left the building. After 3 wonderful years at the club, the journeyman striker decided it was time to move and and signed for FC Kobenhavn after his contract came to an end. Bruma joins CD Tondela. Long time servant Thomas Lam is loaned out to Cambuur, and Kerk goes on loan to Bastia.

Tarik Van Brakel

spacer.png

The 20 year old right back joins for 1.5M from FC Emmen. He has already good physical stats and his determination (15), decisions (16) and bravery (18) are already top notch. He will be loaned out to 2. Bundesliga outfit Erzgebirge Aue this season.

Gift Rooi

spacer.png

21 year old Austrian with 30 U21 caps for his country. The central midfielder has great first touch (16), passing (15) and technique (15). He is a first team candidate.

Domagoj Gabrijelic

spacer.png

The 17 year old Croatian center back has great physical stats and nice tackling (15) and marking (14). He goes to Telstar on loan first.

Andy Mortier

spacer.png

Another young central midfielder, the Belgian (19) has great passing (16) and is very fast as his acceleration is already quite good (16), just like his pace (14). He gets loaned out to 2. Bundesliga club Greuther Furth.

Fredrik Mohammad

spacer.png

20 year old Chinese left defender with already 3 caps for his country. His physical attributes are all above 10 already apart from his natural fitness, which is only at 6. He wil have to do a lot of endurance training in the future. 

Tiago Dantas

spacer.png

The 25 year old Portuguese playmaker has all the attributes you need for this position: First touch (17), Vision (17), Passing (16), Decisions (16) and Composure (16). He should play a vital part in our central midfield.

Marcel Maier

spacer.png

A Germany U19 regular, the 18 year old Ball Winning Midfielder brings the right attributes for this position. But he still has a lot to learn so we loan him out to French Ligue 2 team US Orleans.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A New Day

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Letica our number one. Van der Pol gets closer every season, Babel not so much.

Defenders

spacer.png

Not many changes here. Jinxian could replace Paal on the left side. 

Midfielders

spacer.png

Once more, our midfield is packed with talent. Dantas could make the difference if he adapts quickly. Rambert and Jones fight for the left wing, as do Parilla and Munoz for the right wing.

Attackers

spacer.png

Forte is gone, so Rooi will get more chances than last year. Parilla can play as a striker too.

Key Players

Florin Chirila

spacer.png

The young Romanian is our skipper in defence.

Majeed Ashimeru

spacer.png

He runs our midfield.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

He has grown into a deadly force up front.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

Yes Sir, I Can Bogey!

RESULTS

spacer.png

We lose the Johan Cruijff-Schaal match heavily against our beloved PSV in pre-season, but then we come back and defeat them in the league! If we hadn´t lost against Twente we would be topping the table by now...

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

...if ony Heerenveen didnt win all their 5 matches! Of all teams! Heerenveen!? 14 goals in 5 matches?

NEWS

spacer.png

Our Europa League group looks a challenge, but we are up for it.

spacer.png

More options to send players out on loan.

spacer.png

Thanks but no thanks, Rudi!

spacer.png

We rejected a fee of 44M from some newly-rich Chinese Superleague club for Fiete Arp. Even Hamburger SV would have gotten a share. Arp didn´t care.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A Stuttering Start

RESULTS

spacer.png

2 defeats in the league, at least we had a great Europa League night against Trabzonspor. It was also nice to see Gift Rooi starting to score a bit more lately. Hope he can keep up this form and contribute more in attack than last season. 

spacer.png

Doesn´t really say much after just one game.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We sit on 7th. The season is still long.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Moscow Fell, Monaco Didn´t

RESULTS

spacer.png

Arp saves the month! The match against Monaco was a tight one, but we (or Arp...) couldn´t find the net. It is not too dramatic as we are still in a good position in the group.

spacer.png

Didn´t expect Trabzonspor to be THAT bad.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Back on our usual position.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

We Seem To Like Europe

RESULTS

spacer.png

Lots of goals. We score, but we also concede. At least we won against Sparta although they scored 3. Against surprise team Heerenveen we just didnt have a clue and got beaten thoroughly. Ajax are not the team they used to be this season so a draw was ok against them. De Graafschap however was no match. We beat both our Europa League opponents this month which has us automatically qualify for the knockout rounds:

spacer.png

Looking good.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

A tight affair.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

December Draws

RESULTS

spacer.png

A month of draws. What annoys me the most is the draw against Dynamo Moscow. We should have clearly won that if you count our chances. Because of that we finished only 2nd on our EL group. The only good result this month was the nice win against Waalwijk in the KNVB Beker so we are at least in the next round of the domestic cup.

spacer.png

Damn draw against Moscow!

spacer.png

German teams are hard enough to play. But when looking at the Bundesliga table i did not expect that:

Spoiler

spacer.png

WTF?!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

7th. We got 2 games in hand though.

spacer.png

Happy New Year

RESULTS

spacer.png

A nice month. 4 games, 4 wins. Parilla is starting to score. He usually plays on the right wing for us, but against Waalwijk he had to replace the injured Arp and look what he did...

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

3rd with still one game in hand.

NEWS

spacer.png

We had to get rid of those 2 players because they were throwing around their tantrums about not getting enough playing time and were threatening to poisoning the dressing room atmosphere. So we had to act and off they went.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Of course we had to bring in players to make up for that loss but we decided against buying new players and called 2 young talents back from their loans instead. 17 year old central defender Gabrijelic had already played 16 games for Telstar in the 2nd division with an average of 7.09 while 18 year old central midfielder Maier had already made 15 appearances in the French 2nd division for Orleans with an average of 6.92. We also bring in 19 year old left winger Ger Gijzen from our Reserve Team. They will have to be ready to jump in now for the 1st team. A good way to prove wether they are already up for it despite their young age.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

We´re On A Road To Nowhere

RESULTS

spacer.png

What is going on here?? We lose EVERY game in the league this month, even against Groningen at home, despite dominating the whole 90 minutes! What makes it even stranger is that in the Europa League we are scoring for fun and make short work of Bundesliga leaders Hertha BSC!? And we were lucky against AZ in the KNVB Beker when we defeated them narrowly after a tense penalty shoot out. Football, bloody hell!

spacer.png

This game was a joy to watch. Free flowing counter attacking football in perfection. But why could we not produce this against regular Eredivise competition? Maybe a psychological problem, perhaps I gotta rotate the squad more. Or maybe I shouldnt be so stubborn and tweak on the tactics a bit more?

spacer.png

Our current injury list. Might not be a reason, but maybe an explanation.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We´re on a downward spiral.

NEWS

spacer.png

This looks easier than our previous tie on paper, but you never know.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Last Chance KNVB Beker

RESULTS

spacer.png

Our form improved a bit. But we still went out against Marseille. We won a league game against lowly Heracles and drew aganst high-flying Utrecht. I do not believe we will qualify for europe via the league this season, our form is too shaky.  Then came the KNVB Beker semi final and we - thanks to a double from Munoz - prevailed and reached the cup final again. 

spacer.png

This seems our only realistic chance at qualifying for Europe this season.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

We are not that far behind the european places, but in our current league form we won´t get better than this I think.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Piece O´(Cup-)Cake

RESULTS

spacer.png

And then suddenly a great run in the league with 3 wins and a draw against our bogey team... and we win the KNVB Beker! Gift Rooi scoring as well surely helped a lot.

spacer.png

It was an easy game, as Heracles did literally nothing apart from this one shot from Marques when we were taking the foot from the gas.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Suddenly we are in the run again. Football is crazy.

NEWS

spacer.png

A look at our Youth Intake. Anyone will get his chance.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

What A Difference Some Weeks Make

RESULTS

spacer.png

We do what we could in the remaining 2 games and got 6 points out of it. This secures us Champions League football next season. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Fiete Arp becomes Eredivisie top scorer for the second time!

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Here we are, finishing 3rd.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Season Summary

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Letica was like the bank of England once more this season. Van der Pol could not continue his development and got fewer chances to prove himself. Youngster Domagoj Gabrijelic ultimately proved that he belongs to our first team. In the few games that he played, he was absolutely convincing. Maybe we will rotate a lot more in defence next season. Dantas and Rambert provided Arp and the finally regularly scoring Rooi with great assists. Parilla scored a lot as a winger too. I think it is time to go for some big name player: Kenneth Paal has been making noises about wanting a new challenge. I won´t stand in his way. 

Edited by Carambau

What a way of I turn it around after a real bad run!! Great finish to the season! Bring on the champions league!! Your singing of arp is one of the biggest coups I’ve seen. Even at the time when you got him on loan I thought this!!

Zwolle is nothing if not consistent with their League Finishes. Now is the time to start plotting a title winning season.

Have to agree with @SixPointer about Arp. Like I have said elsewhere every team needs to find their "Goal Machine"  and Arp seems to fit your team like a glove.

2 hours ago, SixPointer said:

What a way of I turn it around after a real bad run!! Great finish to the season! Bring on the champions league!! Your singing of arp is one of the biggest coups I’ve seen. Even at the time when you got him on loan I thought this!!

Thanks man :) We are indeed blessed with having Arp. The fact alone that we were able to sign him borders on a miracle to be honest. I think it got something to do that we already had him on loan here before we went on to sign him and he was successful here and build a good relationship with Zwolle. Otherwise he definitely would have declined our transfer offer as we are a too small club for the likes of him normally.

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Zwolle is nothing if not consistent with their League Finishes. Now is the time to start plotting a title winning season.

Have to agree with @SixPointer about Arp. Like I have said elsewhere every team needs to find their "Goal Machine"  and Arp seems to fit your team like a glove.

We are working on it :) "Goal machine" is a spot on description for Arp. He definitely fits us perfectly.

spacer.png

Transfer Time

spacer.png

Arsenal pay 14.75M for Kenneth Paal. The long-time servant of our club wanted to leave so we let him go. The rest are loans to develop the youngsters.

Myung Yo-Hwan

spacer.png

The 18 year old South Korean winger already joined us in january but was immediately loaned out. Now, after a nice spell at Kotrijk he seems ready to join the team. Good Pace (14) and Acceleration (16) make him a quick runner on both flanks.

Andre Song

spacer.png

The Ball-Winning Midfielder (21) got 2 U21 caps for France and joins us for 8M from SM Caen. His Work Rate (16), Decisions (16), Stamina (16), Determination (16) and Natural Fitness (17) will help him being our workhorse in central midfield.

Leonardo Luiz

spacer.png

6.75M go to Monaco for the Brazilian left wing back (22) who can also play as a winger further up. He got Pace (16) and Agility (17) as well as good Work Rate (17) and Bravery (18). He should be the successor of Paal on the left side.

Nicolai Skoglund

spacer.png

We needed a REAL Target Man to suit Poacher Arp, so we went and bought Nicolai Skoglund from QPR for 7M. Heading (16), Jumping Reach (15), Finishing (16) and Composure (14) make him the ideal partner in attack. 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A New Day

Goalkeepers

spacer.png

Letica still our number one. Van der Pol gets closer every season, Babel not so much.

Defenders

spacer.png

Leonardo Luiz is our new first choice DL. Gabrijelic impressed on his loan and in the second half of the season when he came back. He and Mohammad will battle hard for the place alongside Chirila.

Midfielders

spacer.png

Time flies and Ashimeru is getting old. He most likely will leave after this season as he cannot keep up anymore. Dantas had a good last season and will line up alongside new signing Andre Song in most cases. Rambert has become irreplacable on the left flank.

Attackers

spacer.png

Skoglund is the better Target Man, so Rooi will get fewer playing time.

Key Players

Florin Chirila

spacer.png

Our reliable skipper.

Andre Song

spacer.png

Our new signing will be running the engine room.

Fiete Arp

spacer.png

So glad he is still with us.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

The Green Party!

RESULTS

spacer.png

We lose the Johan Cruijff-Schaal match against Feyenoord in pre-season, but who cares? The rest of the games are won and we go top of the table of the Eredivisie. It´s hard to remember a better start in any of my saves. We also qualify easily for the Champions League group stage during that run:

spacer.png

Could have been easier though.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

So we are topping the table after 5 games.

NEWS

spacer.png

spacer.png

It took quite some negotiation with the board, but in the end our facilities will get upgraded. We are growing.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

The Party Is Over

RESULTS

spacer.png

The run comes to an end, we are stuttering. But opposition has been not that easy. Best result is the draw that we get in Paris. Arp poached on our only 2 chances and the rest did our defence. A big boost for our morale!

spacer.png

Its only one game.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Feyenoord are just too good.

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

The Greens Are Back In Town

RESULTS

spacer.png

It´s Arp time once again! He scores 8 goals this month in only 6 games. That´s why we started another run of green circles (nevermind the draw against AZ...). We even trash Anderlecht in the Champions League! Europe listen up! 

spacer.png

Its only 3 games.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Back at the top and yet a game to lose!

Edited by Carambau

-spacer.png

The Hunt Is On

RESULTS

spacer.png

The month started so well and ended rather disappointing although not that surprising. Arp doesn´t stop scoring, but even he could not help us losing to Barcelona and Feyenoord.

spacer.png

If we win our last game against PSG we will qualify. If.

EREDIVISIE

spacer.png

Relentless Ajax and Feyenoord overtake us.

Edited by Carambau