Stupid Match Rules borked my save, can I change them?

ninjaisfast

I'm in the fourth year of my save (managing at Karabukspor), and have just been promoted to the Turkish second division (TFF 1. Lig). But some of the match rules that have been generated for this league are rediculous:

- There must be at least 2 under-21 players trained by the club for 3 years between their 15th and 21st birthdays in the starting eleven.

- The match squad must have atleast 3 domestic under-21 players.

- The match squad must have atleast 5 under-23 players trained by a club in Turkey.

As far as I could tell, there aren't any under-21 players trained at my club for 3 years in the game, so I had to start with random terrible regens in my starting eleven. I subbed them out in the first minute, while my opponent played two regen goalkeepers in their midfield and conceded 5 goals before they subbed them off at half-time. 

I can get around the rules fine, but the AI is going to make stupid decisions and make every match irrelevant.

Can I fix this with the editor/s, or am I buggered?

I'm still looking into this so I'll give an update on what I've found and someone can let me know if I'm headed in the right direction:

- You can't edit compeititon match rules with the in-game editor, so I would have to start a new save to 'solve' it that way.

- You can edit homegrown status under player > edit attribute details > trained at club.

So could I edit two of my younger players to have the homegrown status, then go through all the other clubs in the division and do the same for them so they have reasonable options for squad selection? That's the path I'm considering, but it would be great if that's a bad idea or if there is another way.

4 hours ago, ninjaisfast said:

I'm still looking into this so I'll give an update on what I've found and someone can let me know if I'm headed in the right direction:

- You can't edit compeititon match rules with the in-game editor, so I would have to start a new save to 'solve' it that way.

- You can edit homegrown status under player > edit attribute details > trained at club.

So could I edit two of my younger players to have the homegrown status, then go through all the other clubs in the division and do the same for them so they have reasonable options for squad selection? That's the path I'm considering, but it would be great if that's a bad idea or if there is another way.

First point is correct. In game editor cannot edit rules. That's only possible in the pre game editor.

Second point, I think this is the best way. Only do so for the teams in the league and redo after the season for the promoted and relegated teams (the issue will disappear as the game runs longer).

I think the issue is caused because at the level you started not many players have their proper trained at club set. This is a data issue.