Delete saves?

Hello, I create this topic to suggest (and consult) if it is possible to create an option to "delete save data" since, although at least in android the directory to do it manually is easy to find, it would be much more natural to do it from the application itself and I do not see any negative factor to add it, it would also help to get rid more easily of the automatic saves that the game does even if the option is switched off, since they take up space on the device and are generated quite frequently.

PS: Are you planning to release a second winter update? since I tried to create a new game with River Plate to play with the new transfers and, for example, Jose Paradela, one of the new signings, is still in the February 2021 database in Gimnasia, so I don't know if you launched the update planning to complete the transfers in the future or it is simply that some transfers were not made correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MatiasDFS

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, MatiasDFS said:

Hello, I create this topic to suggest (and consult) if it is possible to create an option to "delete save data" since, although at least in android the directory to do it manually is easy to find, it would be much more natural to do it from the application itself and I do not see any negative factor to add it, it would also help to get rid more easily of the automatic saves that the game does even if the option is switched off, since they take up space on the device and are generated quite frequently.

The save games held within the game aren't huge and I haven't put in a delete function because accidentally deleting a save game would be gutting for people if it occurred.

PS - Yes a second winter update will come out when the remaining league windows close

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The save games held within the game aren't huge and I haven't put in a delete function because accidentally deleting a save game would be gutting for people if it occurred.

PS - Yes a second winter update will come out when the remaining league windows close

thanks marc, its pretty good for the game experience that you are always here solving all our doubts 😁👌

17 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I think most of us need more a recover save file option than delete, considering the accidents of saving over a save... Its a joke, not a actual request 😁

On 24/02/2021 at 03:00, Marc Vaughan said:

accidentally deleting a save game would be gutting for people if it occurred

You could make the UI very "non-accidental" to prevent this. As in, first tap on a "delete" button somewhere, likely on the bottom navigation bar, to activate the delete functionality. Then tap the save you want to delete. It should then be highlighted. Then tap a "delete" button again. It should bring up a confirmation message "you are about to delete save"<insert save name here>", do you wish to proceed?" 

And buttons for "OK, delete" and "Cancel" 

Could you please reconsider this? The save list screen easily clogs up with auto saves and what not, I find myself loading the wrong save time and again because I have three-four files for the same save game and I get confused. And if I then quickly exit it sometimes saves as yet another auto save and... Gaaaah! 😂