Striker doesn't score?

This isn't really a problem with the tactic but just more of a curiosity for why my striker doesn't score more goals in this system? The team is scoring to make up for his lack of goals but I was just wondering if there would be a way to get more end product out of him, which would be pretty helpful considering he's a pretty top player. Parrott was doing really well and was banging them in until I changed to this and he's been far more muted since then, which I've put down to the change in system rather than just being in a spell of poor form.

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Screenshot (119).png

With your LOE/Mentality combination he has no space to work in. Perhaps drop the LOE to standard and change his role to a support duty. I am not sure what his individual mentality would be on support but it's worth a try. Also the CF role is very demanding, I know Parrot develops nicely in Fm20 but I have no idea what he's like in 21, how good is he for you? Does he have the right attributes to play the role?

1 hour ago, Bluebird123 said:

With your LOE/Mentality combination he has no space to work in. Perhaps drop the LOE to standard and change his role to a support duty. I am not sure what his individual mentality would be on support but it's worth a try. Also the CF role is very demanding, I know Parrot develops nicely in Fm20 but I have no idea what he's like in 21, how good is he for you? Does he have the right attributes to play the role?

That's a good idea I'll give it a go in the next few games I think. He's developed really well in my save, obviously don't know how good he is in others but on mine he's pretty good. Funnily enough he scored 2 in the last league game I played with him in, from only having 2 real chances, so I wonder if the problem is not him not finishing his dinner but not being really given any proper chances from which to score. He is performing pretty much exactly to his xG, which is all you can ask for really. I think he has decent attributes for the role but let me know, I'll attach them in a screenshot for you.

Screenshot (120).png

Spend a game just watching him, see if the CF(A) is the right role you want, your team looks to get the wall forward as quick as possible, is he in the right areas to pick up a cross or a pass? TBF almost a 1 in 2 isn't a bad rate