Issues with mapping playoffs draw from group stage

Champol

Hi everyone, I've been trying something for too long with no progress, so I prefer to ask for your help:

I am creating a Continental Cup that begins with 8 groups of 4 teams each (stage 0), where the top 2 ones qualify to the Eight Finals (stage 1).
The point is: I want to do it so teams that got 1st place face teams that got 2nd place, avoiding teams from the same group.

This sounds very straightforward to do, but after trying almost everything, I still can't manage to make it work properly. Is there any trick? (Advanced Rules)

My main problem is that there are many redundant options!

• Both in Stage 1 > Teams and in Stage 1 > Rounds > Round 0 > Seeding for Round I can define the teams that get qualified and their new seed, so I don't know where to do it.
  • Both in Stage 1 > Rounds > Round 0 > General > Draw rules and in Stage 1 > Rounds > Round 0 > Valid Cup Draw Rules I can try to define the same rules, so I don't know if I have to do it only in Valid Cup Draw Rules or in both parts...

Also, I've tried using rules like Seeding Method: Use positions from previou stage and Place Seeding Together (seeds 0 and 1), but this doesn't work yet.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Champol
clarification

• 1 month later...