Just have a few questions on what is the best way to do this. SI have confirmed that training is the most important factor for player development until they turn 18, so the concensus seems to be to not loan out until 18 at earliest. Fair enough. 

While having them at the club, Is it better to leave them in the youth team until they turn 18 (regardless of personality), or move them into the first team at 16 or 17 for full time training and first team mentoring? I have been splitting the difference more or less, moving up players with bad personalities and leaving better personalities in the youth team. My theory is that the youth training is better for them in that they don't over-train and get fatigued as much, but that it's important to correct bad personalities as early as possible so the player develops better.

Is this the best way to handle this? Or is it better to leave youth players in the youth team until 18, wprk on personalities starting at 18 if necessary and then loan them out once they have a decent personality (or start playing them if good enough for your first team of course)?

You can add the youth players from U18\U23 to a training unit, and have the assistant setup mentoring groups. With this, I am able to leave the U18\U23 players inthe respective squads, yet have some mentoring, whilst they stil get the U18\U23 training.

1 hour ago, plcarlos said:

You can add the youth players from U18\U23 to a training unit, and have the assistant setup mentoring groups. With this, I am able to leave the U18\U23 players inthe respective squads, yet have some mentoring, whilst they stil get the U18\U23 training.

Interesting, I have never really played with that option in the Units tab of Training. So adding a youth player to first team training still has them get their youth training? I always assumed it was the same (logically) as if I put them in the first team and then made them available to play youth matches.