Fullback when in possession

I read several threads about construction from defense. I saw that primarly are employed or 3-CD systems or HB to drop between two central defenders. About the letter I give an example here below, the tactic is a 4-3-3 turning into a 343 when in possession with HB dropping between CDs:

lineup.png.4b4f706f87f1b221ab634e78856a5c64.png1695747485_lineup(1).png.a55f73190e92de684dc04f8b3bceee43.png

I would like to know if it would be possible to have RB joining CDs in order to obtain a transition like showed below. Maybe it should be implemented by SI a new role for fullbacks?

lineup.png.4b4f706f87f1b221ab634e78856a5c64.png1739642879_lineup(2).png.88c9616ccfb231d52e518722f775905e.png

As far as I know, it's not possible in the current version of the ME. You can have a defend duty full-back or inverted wing-back, but they won't sit narrow like a third centre back and will still venture forward into midfield. 

1 ora fa, Jaye ha scritto:

As far as I know, it's not possible in the current version of the ME. You can have a defend duty full-back or inverted wing-back, but they won't sit narrow like a third centre back and will still venture forward into midfield. 

Exactly, this is what I found out myself.

A no nonsense FB, with PI stay narrow/get inside (forgot the exact name) can affect it at times, but they will still drift a bit further forward. Although maybe with a trait of stays back at all times that could help too.

I just play a 5-3-2 to get the back 3 myself, so have tried to no-nonsense FB that much.

24 minuti fa, CaptCanuck ha scritto:

A no nonsense FB, with PI stay narrow/get inside (forgot the exact name) can affect it at times, but they will still drift a bit further forward. Although maybe with a trait of stays back at all times that could help too.

I just play a 5-3-2 to get the back 3 myself, so have tried to no-nonsense FB that much.

Yes, I think that 3 DC are the way to go in order to get something like that.

Absolutely, No nonsense FB sitting narrow, with cuts inside in possession (granted the NNFB seldom runs with ball). Centrebacks with decent pace, anticipation and positioning can serve well as NNFB. Stays back at all times helps and ensuring the intended player stays back at set pieces too, helps in game positioning in different phases. Playing CBs with flank to foot incongruity (boom!!!), in other words, left footed CB playing as a NNRB. Its a bit lopsided, but does achieve the back three of some sort. 

Don't the no nonsense roles have specific behaviour coded to hoof the ball at the first sight of an opposition player? Doesn't really go well with the desired effect since managers normally employ a shifted fullback like this to achieve numerical superiority against 2 pressing forwards and play out from the back.

• 11 months later...

FBd with sit narrower and your oposite DC with stay narrower works perfectly fine for me. the role I'm hoping for is a role similar to the half back but will drop into the full back instead of the centre back space

1 ora fa, Jrddrkly ha scritto:

FBd with sit narrower and your oposite DC with stay narrower works perfectly fine for me. the role I'm hoping for is a role similar to the half back but will drop into the full back instead of the centre back space

You cannot tell the DC to sit narrower

On 17/02/2021 at 20:04, Delvi said:

Exactly, this is what I found out myself.

Honestly apart from a NFB or someone with a stay further back at all times PI then the moving into midfield will only happen when nessesary otherwise it works good enough for the fullback to know when to be a center back it's not a universal one.