Team Cohesion when Assistant Leads General Training

ZWS

Team Cohesion and Dressing Room Atmosphere plays a big part in the success you have with your formation.

I leave training to my Assistants & Coaches. The issue I'm having is, the team in my opinion aren't doing enough Teamwork and Match Tactics. Once every couple of weeks isn't good enough. Team Cohesion stays high but as you press "go to game" and that briefing screen loads, it says my team aren't familiar with the tactics. To avoid this, after every game I am manually adding an extra session of of Teamwork and Match Tactics per week.

Yes this does make a difference to the outcome of the game. I nearly bottled promotion last season because I realised teamwork and match tactics were no longer being taught. I manually added these sessions to training and we began to pick up the points again.

Should this be the case? Is it down to my Assistant not being good enough for the lead training role? 

Is there a way for Teamwork and Match Tactics to be scheduled every week, whilst my Assistant leads training, without having to manually put it in the schedule yourself after every game? Otherwise I might as well just lead General Training myself

Thanks

I hate training with a vengeance lol, I would sooner have my teeth pulled out without anaesthetic. I also leave all the training to my Asst Manager BUT, what I did read somewhere was that when you choose your tactic formation and load it, load it as no.2 and no.3 as well. This way they will only train on that tactic. So if you use 'Joe Bloggs 4-2-3-1', then load that as no.1, when you load it again as no.2 it says 'copy of Joe Bloggs 4-2-3-1 and when you load it as no.3 it says 'copy of copy of Joe Bloggs 4-2-3-1.

I start preseason with 7 friendlies, thats Arsenal 1st XI vs Arsenal 2nd XI, then I choose 6 friendlies ranging from teams we will beat by 10-12 goals and making the next one harder until I end up with one of the 'biggies' like Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus or whoever is available a week before the Charity Shield with Liverpool and by then my team is almost 100% ok with familiarity because that tactic is the only one they have been learning and get used to it very quickly.

7 hours ago, RossoneriGunner said:

I hate training with a vengeance lol, I would sooner have my teeth pulled out without anaesthetic. I also leave all the training to my Asst Manager BUT, what I did read somewhere was that when you choose your tactic formation and load it, load it as no.2 and no.3 as well. This way they will only train on that tactic. So if you use 'Joe Bloggs 4-2-3-1', then load that as no.1, when you load it again as no.2 it says 'copy of Joe Bloggs 4-2-3-1 and when you load it as no.3 it says 'copy of copy of Joe Bloggs 4-2-3-1.

I start preseason with 7 friendlies, thats Arsenal 1st XI vs Arsenal 2nd XI, then I choose 6 friendlies ranging from teams we will beat by 10-12 goals and making the next one harder until I end up with one of the 'biggies' like Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus or whoever is available a week before the Charity Shield with Liverpool and by then my team is almost 100% ok with familiarity because that tactic is the only one they have been learning and get used to it very quickly.

I use 2 formations. I can't get the Team Cohesion fully green (only 1/3rd) and I can't get the Familiarity fully green (3/4ths). So it often drops off back to "unfamiliar" territory quickly without manually adjusting training.

Just to point out, I'm 2 seasons in at a new team and haven't changed these formations once. But we can't ever seem to get FULLY familiar with either of them or keep that familiarity for a length.

On my squad screen, players are more familiar with my "other tactic" rather than my "primary" trained tactic... it's the same tactics they've been using for 2 seasons? On the training screen, it says the primary trained tactic only just edges the other tactic out.

I will try what you said as it's the next best idea. Hopefully, there's someone on here with more depth on 'training' and how to overcome and improve this, rather than a quick fix.

Thanks

1 hour ago, ZWS said:

I use 2 formations. I can't get the Team Cohesion fully green (only 1/3rd) and I can't get the Familiarity fully green (3/4ths). So it often drops off back to "unfamiliar" territory quickly without manually adjusting training.

Just to point out, I'm 2 seasons in at a new team and haven't changed these formations once. But we can't ever seem to get FULLY familiar with either of them or keep that familiarity for a length.

On my squad screen, players are more familiar with my "other tactic" rather than my "primary" trained tactic... it's the same tactics they've been using for 2 seasons? On the training screen, it says the primary trained tactic only just edges the other tactic out.

I will try what you said as it's the next best idea. Hopefully, there's someone on here with more depth on 'training' and how to overcome and improve this, rather than a quick fix.

Thanks

Remember I am managing Arsenal, so they are top players, if you are playing with a smaller lower league team the players may not be up to standard.

Good luck 👍🏼

There are Youtube videos about how to create familiarity in formations, watch them, you need to set the players training to the role they will play in the match basically.

I get the same message in the Tactics Screen despite having all the players with all the green bars full in the main formation, I think is bugged like many things in this game, so I don't even pay attention to it. I just read the attendance / weather and move on in that screen as all the advice that they give u is rubbish anyways.

Edited by Sharkn20