What is the mechanic for declining value over 90% of attributes for a player?

Something that has bugged me for ages. Did the usual google but it never really offers the right answer.

Occasionally a player will have orange arrows over 90% of their attributes in any random month and currently right now I have a month where I have the most that I've seen since I started a game where 6 players, ranging from 19 to 30 see substantial decline, and by substantial I just mean orange arrows over 90% of attributes, and the fall is greater than 0.1, wiping out a year of progress for some players.

It is not, the players ability increase capping out and the stats compensating as mentioned by someone over at SI over at another similar topic, none of them have seen progress than substantial since they were 17/18.

It is not the training considering that their training level's all remain over 7 and I try to ensure a good balance (though multiple games in a week can screw me over).

I do not believe it is their form considering at the moment I'm doing well and most of the players are playing well, though some have seen a little dip considering the youth players aren't completely first team material yet.

I do not believe it is their personality and mentality as a few are professional with good determination and work rate.

So after all that, what an I left with? I've got no answers but surely there must be some other hidden mechanic that decides when a player has a fall in a large number of attributes.

19 hours ago, Gunblade said:

Something that has bugged me for ages. Did the usual google but it never really offers the right answer.

Occasionally a player will have orange arrows over 90% of their attributes in any random month and currently right now I have a month where I have the most that I've seen since I started a game where 6 players, ranging from 19 to 30 see substantial decline, and by substantial I just mean orange arrows over 90% of attributes, and the fall is greater than 0.1, wiping out a year of progress for some players.

It is not, the players ability increase capping out and the stats compensating as mentioned by someone over at SI over at another similar topic, none of them have seen progress than substantial since they were 17/18.

It is not the training considering that their training level's all remain over 7 and I try to ensure a good balance (though multiple games in a week can screw me over).

I do not believe it is their form considering at the moment I'm doing well and most of the players are playing well, though some have seen a little dip considering the youth players aren't completely first team material yet.

I do not believe it is their personality and mentality as a few are professional with good determination and work rate.

So after all that, what an I left with? I've got no answers but surely there must be some other hidden mechanic that decides when a player has a fall in a large number of attributes.

In short, there is some nonsense, probably the worst feature when it comes to players development alongside older players declining too fast, where if the player is developing too fast/or too good, attributes must re-allocate something like that ( it makes zero sense, I know ). I don't know that much about it, but -

You will find some answers here: 

and here: 

Edited by Marko1989

Ah yes, I made mention of that, But I know that isn't the cause because, while yes some players developed quickly, there are others which haven't which see the same sudden drops.

That and when it happens to players in their prime, it most definitely isn't it.

The player development is clearly one of the weakest aspects of Fm21 to me. I totally agree with OP, and in addition the players stop devolop much too soon. Usually there is little devolopment past age 22-23 where many just hit the PA=CA in regards to star rating. The whole reaching PA cap too soon is pointless unrealistic. There are a huge number of players who reach their peak late in their career, in fact most do, but a couple of really good examples is Jamie Vardy and Jordan Henderson.

Now I do understand that having a PA that is more generous could lead to some players turning into God (the real one, not Robbie Fowler). However there needs to be changes to this in FM22.

51 minutes ago, Dingusen said:

The player development is clearly one of the weakest aspects of Fm21 to me. I totally agree with OP, and in addition the players stop devolop much too soon. Usually there is little devolopment past age 22-23 where many just hit the PA=CA in regards to star rating. The whole reaching PA cap too soon is pointless unrealistic. There are a huge number of players who reach their peak late in their career, in fact most do, but a couple of really good examples is Jamie Vardy and Jordan Henderson.

Now I do understand that having a PA that is more generous could lead to some players turning into God (the real one, not Robbie Fowler). However there needs to be changes to this in FM22.

Henderson's been at Liverpool for 10 years now. He's not just hit his peak. The team around him is just better than it's ever been. Jamie Vardy is the exception not the rule and it can happen in FM but it's rare b/c most people go by stars and not results/attributes. If your center forward is banging in 20 goals a season in the premier league you really shouldn't care that his rating is only 2 stars. 

One additional driver of attribute decline is if you teach a player a new position. Their attributes then drop, often because one of his stronger attributes is much more important for his new position (ex. taking a midfielder with excellent marking and training him to be a CD) so the game needs to balance him out to keep in tune with his CA.