Substitution glitch

• SI Staff

Hi @Msdhb93, thank you for your post. 

When you say using two sub spots, do you mean that it counted this substitution twice meaning that you could make one less change? 

How did you make the substitution, via the bottom bar, opening up the tactics pitch or actioning assistant advice?

Any additional info you can provide would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this happen twice past two days. First time tried to make all 5 subs at the same time from the tactics screen. I think I pressed RT by accident instead of confirm changes. It then showed the players I tried to sub duplicated on the bench and wouldnt let me confirm changes or make any more subs even though no player was replaced. Second time was today when the assistant suggested a sub mid game. I pressed Y to confirm the sub but it never took place and wouldnt let me use my last sub and again the player that was supposed to be subbed showed on both the pitch and the bench. I will get screenshot next time it happens.

On 15/02/2021 at 14:53, Michael Mallia said:

Hi @Msdhb93, thank you for your post. 

When you say using two sub spots, do you mean that it counted this substitution twice meaning that you could make one less change? 

How did you make the substitution, via the bottom bar, opening up the tactics pitch or actioning assistant advice?

Any additional info you can provide would be appreciated.

This happened while actioning assistant advice. Suggested replacing Styles with Kane. It didn't go through and now Styles is both on the pitch and bench and I can't make my final sub. Three times in 3 days this has happened and one of them was from tactics screen so it isn't only assistant advice that causes it.

20210226_103249.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi guys, this is something that we have seen raised in another thread and we are trying to reproduce the issue. If you have any precise steps for us to reproduce this issue then that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

I have this issue recurring on my save quite often. 
I tend to make my subs any time between 45 and 60 mins into a game. 

I notice when I’ve made the changes then accidentally clicked RT instead of pressing confirm changes, it will duplicate the on field player with the benched player I want to bring on, I have tried circumventing the issue by pressing cancel changes but the players stay duplicated, so I will enter the game again and try make the changes via the HUD however it’s taken the subs I cancelled ie if I made one change then cancelled I would be allowed only two subs, if I made two cancelled changes then I can only make one and so on. 

quite annoying when you’re in a must win and holding onto a lead. 

Thanks.