Very unrealistic: player wants to leave because he doesn't play at promised role

Players become very unhappy. It happens every time when a player plays out of his promised role. Regardless how well he plays and how well the team performs. I find this very unrealistic. I would agree that a player becomes unhappy when he plays out of POSITION and he plays badly, but not when he plays a different role and he does extremely well.

E.G. I have a striker at Championship with Not Forrest. He wanted to play as Att Forward, but he played 50% of the games as false nine and 50% as Att Forward. He performed very well. scored 20 goals and the team got promoted to PL. He is mad at the end of the season and he wants to leave because of the role. I find this totally unrealistic. I think it is something that needs to be improved.

• Administrators

Hey Giannis. I understand your frustrations but a promise is a promise, regardless of how well they performed. 

If the deal was made that he played as an AF then he would expect to predominantly play in that role, not a 50/50 split. 

He wont want to leave just because he didn't get to play where he prefers, it'll be down to a loss of trust in the manager, which is something that happens regularly in real life. 

If you notice it again when the player plays more games as the AF than he doesn't (or whatever position the next promise is for) then do please let me know and I'll investigate it properly!

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Hey Giannis. I understand your frustrations but a promise is a promise, regardless of how well they performed. 

If the deal was made that he played as an AF then he would expect to predominantly play in that role, not a 50/50 split. 

He wont want to leave just because he didn't get to play where he prefers, it'll be down to a loss of trust in the manager, which is something that happens regularly in real life. 

If you notice it again when the player plays more games as the AF than he doesn't (or whatever position the next promise is for) then do please let me know and I'll investigate it properly!

thank you for your answer, but my point was a different one.

I am not saying that it is bug, or something that it is not working as programmed. What I am saying is that this concept is not happening in real life. Yes, a player will demand to play a certain position. But i don't expect anyone, in real life, who demands to play AF, to leave a club because the team plays with DLF.

Yes it is a game. I understand. But you claim it is a football world simulation game. So this item needs to be addressed if we would like to simulate the real world, as this behavior is definitely not realistic.