Random OTF memories

20 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Looking back this site really has mellowed a lot. Sure still get plenty of ribbing on here but it's a lot more friendly these days and just doesn't have the same meanness behind it. 

I think also, if you want to be mean online now there's much better outlets. Why go after some faceless nerd on these forums when you have your choice of bluetick celebrities on Twitter who you can taunt and abuse.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

Fleur was a woman?

Sure was. Chatted  with her online to her a couple of times, as well as Kym. The latter used to get some proper stick off some of the 'gentlemen' who frequented here at the time.

Edited by Big Geordie
47 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I do wonder if FM ever gets around to including the womens game whether that might generate some female interest.

Can't imagine it will be long, it's a pretty regular fixture on the front page of BBC Sport now and I imagine it would be semi-big news if they announced it as a feature. 

37 minutes ago, Barnzy said:

Haven’t heard from @Kym in ages, last I heard she was loved up

Pretty sure the last I heard she said she was sleeping with some Scottish millionaire behind his wife's back and spent much of her time on his yacht :D

Edited by Bliss Seeker
8 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Can't imagine it will be long, it's a pretty regular fixture on the front page of BBC Sport now and I imagine it would be semi-big news if they announced it as a feature. 

I don’t think SI would do it unless they could do it properly, mind. Could never see them going down the pathetic half-arsed EA/FIFA route.

3 minutes ago, Smallen said:

I don’t think SI would do it unless they could do it properly, mind. Could never see them going down the pathetic half-arsed EA/FIFA route.

This is Miles' latest on Women's football on FM.

1 minute ago, The Golden boy said:

This is Miles' latest on Women's football on FM.

:thup: Not surprised. They’re a proper developer.

9 minutes ago, Smallen said:

Yeah ensuring the research quality and deciding how integrated the two would be is going to need some quite thoughtful decision making. 

Oh and on a more relevant topic, I once got asked if I wanted to go to a Boro game with a friend as someone had backed out and that guy a few pages back was one of the group :D he seemed nice enough at the time! 

powlay.jpg.41c6341608411753c261377e6545de61.jpg

Said friend and him, not the game I went to though! What a small world! 

Edited by InigoPatinkin

Speaking of memories, I remember the time Miles had a meltdown on Christmas Day and the time he wrongly accused someone of pirating the game. 

3 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

Speaking of memories, I remember the time Miles had a meltdown on Christmas Day and the time he wrongly accused someone of pirating the game. 

Miles is a very weird man and does lots of weird things.

1 hour ago, Harryseaess said:

I can literally only remember one girl on these forums and that's Kym.

We had one werewolf regular as well in Vic Taylor for awhile

56 minutes ago, Barnzy said:

Haven’t heard from @Kym in ages, last I heard she was loved up

Yeah she is, all settled and domesticated, nice bloke and lovely dog.

16 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

Maybe it's the same one, but I do remember one where Miles seemed to spend most of Christmas Day trying to disprove a bug report in GQ. 

My memory of it isn't great but I think it had something to do with Millwall. 

18 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

Miles is a very weird man and does lots of weird things.

I definitely don't think he should be let anyway near engaging with people on Twitter about FM :D but the rest of the work he does is really good, like in terms of designing a videogame and having a sense of the wider social responsibilities that come with that he's done a fantastic job.

10 minutes ago, dafuge said:

Maybe it's the same one, but I do remember one where Miles seemed to spend most of Christmas Day trying to disprove a bug report in GQ. 

My memory of it isn't great but I think it had something to do with Millwall. 

Yes that’s the one. I thought it was Chelsea though.

In Miles’ defence he was proved right in the end about it not being a bug, but the way he threw a strop about not being able to spend Christmas Day with his family because he ‘had’ to sort out this minor post was way over the top. 

Just now, Bigwig said:

In Miles’ defence he was proved right in the end about it not being a bug, but the way he threw a strop about not being able to spend Christmas Day with his family because he ‘had’ to sort out this minor post was way over the top. 

That's the one. It was really odd to watch.

Nothing will beat the World Cup bug they put in for those who pirated the game, only for it to find its way into the retail version and Miles accusing paid customers of pirating the game 

1 hour ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I think also, if you want to be mean online now there's much better outlets. Why go after some faceless nerd on these forums when you have your choice of bluetick celebrities on Twitter who you can taunt and abuse.

Faceless nerd is no way to speak about bliss seeker. 

He's shown his face before on here

10 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

Chelsea rings a bell. Something to do with finance and or reputation but it turned out the person hadn't been using full details to sim the games I think?

Actually wasn't it one of the Collyers not Miles?

1 minute ago, grahamf said:

Chelsea rings a bell. Something to do with finance and or reputation but it turned out the person hadn't been using full details to sim the games I think?

Actually wasn't it one of the Collyers not Miles?

It might be two different events, but Miles definitely went off on one on Christmas Day. 

25 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Nothing will beat the World Cup bug they put in for those who pirated the game, only for it to find its way into the retail version and Miles accusing paid customers of pirating the game 

Ah.... That's something that is bound to go wrong....

OTF Cricket and other sign-up games, although the former was concluded perfectly (because I got 10 wickets in the final :cool: ). There was also a NASCAR one I vaguely remember but took part in. I still have the screenshot of my car :D 

O6BFtMH.png

Also remember an OTF Big Brother via The Sims 3.

49 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Think he posted something along the lines of "Ahahahahaha, I love it when someone gets screwed over for trying to steal food off our table" but actually the user in question had indeed bought the game and fell victim to a genuine bug. Smooth move from Miles.

21 minutes ago, Klimowicz said:

OTF Cricket and other sign-up games, although the former was concluded perfectly (because I got 10 wickets in the final :cool: ). There was also a NASCAR one I vaguely remember but took part in. I still have the screenshot of my car :D 

O6BFtMH.png

Also remember an OTF Big Brother via The Sims 3.

OTF cricket was great. Still have the stats some where from the last iteration I took part in, captaining MTWT

1 hour ago, gechal said:

Faceless nerd is no way to speak about bliss seeker. 

He's shown his face before on here

I'd go with megalomaniacal nerd to describe Bliss, but ymmv

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Who was that other guy who turned up a year/18 months ago asking random questions, never posted in the thread apart from the opening question and it turned out he asked the same questions on a load of forums all across the interwebs?

6 minutes ago, mark1985 said:

Who was that other guy who turned up a year/18 months ago asking random questions, never posted in the thread apart from the opening question and it turned out he asked the same questions on a load of forums all across the interwebs?

Reecedouglas1 or sth

Rather tragically some potentially interesting threads die immediately and then "what's your favourite colour" type ones get loads of traffic. It is true, people love talking about themselves.

Edited by The_jagster
2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Reecedouglas1 or sth

Rather tragically some potentially interesting threads die immediately and then "what's your favourite colour" type ones get loads of traffic. It is true, people love talking about themselves.

That's him, Reecedouglas1

Was it theboydonegood who kept bragging about how rich he was and posted his bank statement to settle the argument? Not seen him around for a while, unsurprisingly...

35 minutes ago, bdcuk said:

My saddest yet most profoundly uplifting moment on OTF was Serpicos death.  To me he was "just" my friend yet too so many he was the a figure head of OTF and the response to his death was, to me, quite deeply moving and shows what this community really is to those of us who use it.

Retro once dismissed this place as just a bunch of saddo's on the internet, I think he missed what many of us feel about this place, for many of us its a place where we feel home and where we can express ourselves like nowhere else, unlike in the flesh where many of us either can't or at best struggle to.

Couldn't have put it better myself. This place was always great but has really come into it's own in the last year or so. Whether it's a Gizzy game, the Wigmore end of year quiz, or one of the multitude of shambles that we have here, this place really is a very special part of the internet. It's got to the point whenever my wife hears my notification beep on my laptop, I get the reaction of a double thumbs up and  'oooh friends, OTF friends.' 

A wee mention to another poster who unfortunately passed away a good few years ago now, OTF’s resident pilot shaggie. Always happy to give advice to anyone who needed, ridiculously intelligent poster and all round good guy. 

Giro Del Mondo was something I always remembered fondly back in the day. Divinity and Ryno live simming the season on cycling manager and massive msn convos following all our riders. Half considered buying the latest game and trying to reboot it, but theres far too much effort involved :D 

1 minute ago, DeafParrot said:

Giro Del Mondo was something I always remembered fondly back in the day. Divinity and Ryno live simming the season on cycling manager and massive msn convos following all our riders. Half considered buying the latest game and trying to reboot it, but theres far too much effort involved :D 

As a cycling fan, gutted I wasn't around for that

52 minutes ago, Bhoy said:

A wee mention to another poster who unfortunately passed away a good few years ago now, OTF’s resident pilot shaggie. Always happy to give advice to anyone who needed, ridiculously intelligent poster and all round good guy. 

Francis Cole, too.

edit: Remember him infracting someone for "Brooks abuse" because they discounted the quarterbacking abilities of Brooks Bollinger. :D

Edited by Jason the Yank
14 hours ago, Barnzy said:

The old Ghost Recon gang was good fun, Graeme Kelly and Carter were there, can’t remember who else

Graeme Kelly and Ter were kind of the OG mods when I started here.

28 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Does Razzler still post? When I first joined he was in every thread going. Seemed a good lad.

Only in the prediction league threads by the look of it,

The guy has over 100k posts here though - As you say, I remember when it seemed like he would post in every single thread that existed :D 

A bit more obscure (probably over a decade ago) - but anyone else remember there would be a regular 'Games Released This Week' thread posted in OTF?

Also got vague recollections of a user deciding to start a new FM game with a local non-league club and putting on a suit and going down to the ground to take pictures of themselves in the dugout for a manager profile picture? :D 

3 hours ago, Jason the Yank said:

Francis Cole, too.

edit: Remember him infracting someone for "Brooks abuse" because they discounted the quarterbacking abilities of Brooks Bollinger. :D

Frannie died? Didn’t realise that 

3 hours ago, Snedhead said:

A bit more obscure (probably over a decade ago) - but anyone else remember there would be a regular 'Games Released This Week' thread posted in OTF?

Also got vague recollections of a user deciding to start a new FM game with a local non-league club and putting on a suit and going down to the ground to take pictures of themselves in the dugout for a manager profile picture? :D 

Displaced Seagull used to get into a suit for any cup finals his team were in :D

6 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Displaced Seagull used to get into a suit for any cup finals his team were in :D

Wasn’t there some other controversy with DS?  I can vaguely rememberer something and possibly a name change to Disgraced Seagull but can’t remember any more.