Random OTF memories

Someone mentioned in the wee aja thread that On OTF2 they were joking about crashing Neil Studds wedding and then he signed up to ask for reassurance that it wouldn’t happen 😂 anyone know what happened to Neil? 

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Klimowicz said:

Don't forget Mantralux. She was a prototype Sy

I followed her on Twitter. She went proper conspiracy theory against SI then just disappeared

3 hours ago, Sano said:

I've been frequenting OTF for over 20 years, but have mostly been active on OTF spinoff forums like FRF and US-TV. Big shoutout to the guys who posted there. I grew up on those forums.

My oldest OTF memory is Gary Fletcher and THE SOLIDS invading OTF once in a while.

Who/what were the solids? It was a dying thing when I first started on OTF (was it 'oh no were being laced'?), it sounded like it used to happen more frequently before I joined and people referenced it but I never figured out what it was all about.

7 hours ago, Robokid87 said:

Think there was someone with a huge post count that had just vanished too, Mika perhaps?

Is Mika the fella who is now head of communications for World Snooker?

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw
20 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Is Mika the fella who is now head of communications for World Snooker?

Yes.

41 minutes ago, titchuk said:

Who/what were the solids? It was a dying thing when I first started on OTF (was it 'oh no were being laced'?), it sounded like it used to happen more frequently before I joined and people referenced it but I never figured out what it was all about.

As far as I can remember, some randoms who invaded OTF multiple times, started a gazillion new threads, posting in caps, asking IF WE WERE SOLID?

Don't recall there being a larger story to it.

1 minute ago, Sano said:

As far as I can remember, some randoms who invaded OTF multiple times, started a gazillion new threads, posting in caps, asking IF WE WERE SOLID?

Don't recall there being a larger story to it.

GARY FLETCHER - FANNY STRETCHER

Am sure he also had another account - Gav Christie/Crusty?

4 hours ago, Sano said:

My oldest OTF memory is Gary Fletcher and THE SOLIDS invading OTF once in a while.

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

1 hour ago, titchuk said:

Yeah, pretty sure that's where the whole concept of "lacing" started.

I still ask if we're being laced sometimes when a spam bot starts a thread in here. :D

4 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

I followed her on Twitter. She went proper conspiracy theory against SI then just disappeared

She posted a blog years back about how she hopes that Messi dies in a plane crash

On 12/02/2021 at 11:00, Rafalution said:

there was a user who posted loads in the liverpool thread, i think they must have only been about 13 when they joined or something, and then at some point decided they were an edgy iamverysmart teenager, told kris they were gonna do something i'm not even gonna mention to his baby, and promptly got banned. 

Gamesrater iirc (although he may have had a different name, I get confused between OTF and OTF2 usernames sometimes)

On 12/02/2021 at 12:11, Vynal Seven said:

I can’t remember if it was here or the other place’ but I remember someone claimed they could eat a certain number of jacobs crackers in a minute and it turned out that if it were true they’d be smashing the world record, then they spent the next few weeks saying they’d record themselves doing it but made excuses every day of why they couldn’t get to the shop to buy some crackers. :D 

That was Stevicus, on OTF2 iirc. I think he claimed that he bet someone that he could do it, and the phrase "the easiest tenner I ever made" cropped up :D 

This thread has brought back some memories. Most of which when I was a lurker as I never really posted in OTF despite being a member and frequently the forums daily:

Anyway a few memories from me with a werewolf slant as thats where I got involved in most:

• Tony7 and his epic story about him not being able to find his car after a Premiership game.
  • Serpico's passing which although I never knew him hit me hard and reminded me about valuable life is and how it can be taken away so easily (and how much we are a community). Dis it happen just after Christmas?
  • Serpico's love of Buffy
  • Mac and his cheating days in Werewolf
  • As a result of the above getting accused/investigated by Ackter when my brother joined and played in a Werewolf game and our ip address being the same
  • MyNameisJohn fireballing me in one of the said werewolf games
  • Ri and victaylor playing werewolf
  • Playing in the last year of the isnooker league and was it icelander who was really good at the game and would wipe everyones arse with it

16 minutes ago, AlphaDevil2 said:

This thread has brought back some memories. Most of which when I was a lurker as I never really posted in OTF despite being a member and frequently the forums daily:

Anyway a few memories from me with a werewolf slant as thats where I got involved in most:

• Tony7 and his epic story about him not being able to find his car after a Premiership game.
  • Serpico's passing which although I never knew him hit me hard and reminded me about valuable life is and how it can be taken away so easily (and how much we are a community). Dis it happen just after Christmas?
  • Serpico's love of Buffy
  • Mac and his cheating days in Werewolf
  • As a result of the above getting accused/investigated by Ackter when my brother joined and played in a Werewolf game and our ip address being the same
  • MyNameisJohn fireballing me in one of the said werewolf games
  • Ri and victaylor playing werewolf
  • Playing in the last year of the isnooker league and was it icelander who was really good at the game and would wipe everyones arse with it

iSnooker days were great.

It was myself who destroyed everyone, with billy_manutdfan up there with me, then we dropped out for the second & last season to give everyone else a chance ;) Icelander never played unless he joined for the last season but I'm sure he was never involved.

You were one of the users I was talking to about joining for the new season but then didn't bother playing in it myself :D

Edited by sebsy
5 minutes ago, sebsy said:

iSnooker days were great.

It was myself who destroyed everyone, with billy_manutdfan up there with me, then we dropped out for the second & last season to give everyone else a chance ;) Icelander never played unless he joined for the last season but I'm sure he was never involved.

Yes apologies it was you, never forget how good you was! remember not being able to understand how you could control the snooker ball so well!

Edited by AlphaDevil2
2 minutes ago, AlphaDevil2 said:

Yes apologies it was you, never forget how good you was! remember not being able to understand how you could control the snooker ball so well!

The answer is having nothing better to do with my time at that point than play iSnooker :D:(

I went to Edgbaston to watch the T20 cricket with Boban, WCR and Tim2.

Ended up sat next to Tim2 for the game and he’s exactly the same in person as he is (was) on the forums. 

34 minutes ago, Barnzy said:

The old Ghost Recon gang was good fun, Graeme Kelly and Carter were there, can’t remember who else

Ghost recon was the best fun I've had in a video game until The Division games came along.

Ruckus used to play with us along with a few others. Think Boban, Monty and others all played.

46 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

I’ve only met one person on here IRL to my knowledge and it’s quite a fun story which Ricky likes telling but I don’t think he’s as active on here these days so I’ll tell it instead :D 

I noticed in one of the wrestling threads back in 2013 that Ricky Button had “Southend” in his location on one of his posts, so rather than being normal and popping up and saying “oh you alright mate, who do you know etc?” I decided to Facebook stalk him to see if we had any mutuals. 

To my surprise we actually did have about 10 mutuals and I noticed he frequented the Friday alternative night that I’d recently started going to religiously every week. 

Again, instead of being normal and just striking up a conversation on here I waited until the next Friday I was out. 

I think it must’ve been Halloween as everyone was in fancy dress, so at about midnight when I was feeling confident enough through being pretty smashed I went up to Ricky Button, kitted out in full pirate costume, who was even drunker than I was and said to him I needed to buy him a drink. 

We went to the bar and I got us an Absinthe shot each, and as drunk Ricky thanked me and asked wtf this was in aid of I broke the news to him that I was PaulHartman from the Football Manager forums :D 

Don’t see him post much these days but I remember doing a deal on here to sell Bantamtim some spare Euro 2016 tickets... then we met in a pub to do the exchange and it turned out he worked in my office :D 

2 hours ago, eenie said:

Gamesrater iirc (although he may have had a different name, I get confused between OTF and OTF2 usernames sometimes)

Yeah that sounds right

18 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

Yeah that sounds right

He was a massive  bellend. Said something utterly horrendous about Kris' (the old mod's) new born baby which I was even shocked by. :(

50 minutes ago, Mr Villa said:

Writing OTF in the top corner of £5 notes in the hope it would find a forum member someday.

Did anyone ever find one?

I remember that! I marked a good number of notes, never found one.

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Powlay looks a wee bit like Eugene off The Walking Dead?

More like Eugene from WWE.

Someone that popped into my head was that Geordie that ended up doing FM YouTube videos and used to say "oh no" in a thick Geordie accent. Anyone remember him and what his name was?

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

He was a massive  bellend. Said something utterly horrendous about Kris' (the old mod's) new born baby which I was even shocked by. :(

Yes mate, that is why he came up in this discussion in the first place!

Looking back this site really has mellowed a lot. Sure still get plenty of ribbing on here but it's a lot more friendly these days and just doesn't have the same meanness behind it. It does mean we get a lot less 'classic' threads but I think I prefer it this way. A lot of the stuff brought up on here was great/funny at the time but in hindsight really did involve a lot of cyber bullying.

Also what happened to all the females? I mean it's not like we ever had a lot, but at least we had some.

2 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Looking back this site really has mellowed a lot. Sure still get plenty of ribbing on here but it's a lot more friendly these days and just doesn't have the same meanness behind it. It does mean we get a lot less 'classic' threads but I think I prefer it this way. A lot of the stuff brought up on here was great/funny at the time but in hindsight really did involve a lot of cyber bullying.

Also what happened to all the females? I mean it's not like we ever had a lot, but at least we had some.

I can literally only remember one girl on these forums and that's Kym.

Just now, Harryseaess said:

I can literally only remember one girl on these forums and that's Kym.

There's literally been several others mentioned in this very thread.

Just now, G-Man11 said:

There's literally been several others mentioned in this very thread.

None that I can remember though.

5 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

None that I can remember though.

Fair enough and it has never really been many women, not surprising considering it is a Football Manager forum. Still it'd be nice to at least see a few of them on here.

4 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Fleur was another who was a regular  back in the day. My sister also was on here for a short spell.

Shout out to @DingusCranker and Maurice_g :thup:

Fleur was a woman?

1 hour ago, Harryseaess said:

I remember that! I marked a good number of notes, never found one.

Someone worked out that the odds of finding one was about 17 million to 1, or something equally outrageous. I think we all marked loads of them and even worse, checked everyone we recieved. I remember getting change in a shop and asking for three fivers so I could check.

3 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Pretty sure Mrs G left because people were just weird to her on here :D

As BG's thread has shown I think there are some people on here just have no idea how to interact with women. Even ones who are just text based to them.