Random OTF memories

Has the "Bear Hands" of Dudley been mentioned yet?

I've only read this page.
Pires777 and his proposal to ban West Bromwich Albion from the Premier League. I think that was his name.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, av3ry said:

I've only read this page.
Pires777 and his proposal to ban West Bromwich Albion from the Premier League. I think that was his name.

Every season that they 'grace' the Premier League Pires is more vindicated

1 minute ago, Robokid87 said:

Every season that they 'grace' the Premier League Pires is more vindicated

Yeah tbf that was probably the thing Pires was most right about

Just now, Snedhead said:

Did the Arsenal thread ever have the holy trinity of Pires, Sy and djvandyke all posting at the same time?

I think so - also reminded me more of the voice of reason Father Senegal, long time ago since he stopped posting - he got the right idea, got out when Arsenal starting on the downard trajectory!

Just now, Snedhead said:

Did the Arsenal thread ever have the holy trinity of Pires, Sy and djvandyke all posting at the same time?

Don't forget Mantralux. She was a prototype Sy

Not strictly a thread but back in 08? (i think) around Glasto we all planned to meet up during a band to meet each other etc. When myself and fellow board member @Tays arrived at Glasto that year we went to pennard hill and plonked ourselves down and pitched up, as the night went on we got speaking to our neighbours around the campfire and asked who we were looking forward to seeing. The person we were speaking to said that "its a bit embarrassing but there is a guy on a forum i go on in a band called Los Campesinos who i'm looking forward to seeing" At that point we both said the forum wasn't OTF was it? To which we found out that we had actually inadvertently camped next to @Barnzy who we were going to meet up with!

To this day this is the weirdest thing I've ever had happen to me. So @Barnzy if you are out there mate i hope you are doing well!

Edited by Steffers
20 minutes ago, EdL said:

I think so - also reminded me more of the voice of reason Father Senegal, long time ago since he stopped posting - he got the right idea, got out when Arsenal starting on the downard trajectory!

He quit the Arseblog forums at the same time due to personal problems :( not been seen since, hope he's OK, was a nice guy when I met him. 

I remember one story he told me about how once after a North London derby he was basically patrolling one of the tube stations making sure the Arsenal fans were OK :D fella knew how to look after himself.

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw
1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

He quit the Arseblog forums at the same time due to personal problems :( not been seen since, hope he's OK, was a nice guy when I met him.

Stopped chatting to me on MSN around the same time too. Just disappeared.

Not OTF more random, dont ask me what i was called ill never remember, but late 90s early 00s the SI or Champ forums whatever they were called back then had a section called

Crap Manager City

My memories from that are Bog Snorkelling, a user called BiB, another user called Degsy, im sure there was a Halifax fan on there... some Scottish bloke and Raith Rovers....

You sort of played within constraints and could never name a player you had in your team.

They did do a spinoff forum as well at one point. Its definately a good 20 years or so ago.

1 hour ago, Bigwig said:

Yeah that’s my vague recollection but I can’t remember too much or even who it was. For some reason I’m thinking Gills or Argel but could be completely off the mark. 

It was Gills, he really got inside Studds head and it got messy, at the time it was funny, but that was a different time, and looking back not the proudest moment in OTF.

Just now, Citizen Kane said:

Kym

I have Kym on my Facebook, she’s lovely, lots of horrible health issues she overcame, and now owns the most gorgeous Dalmatian (called Eric) you’ve ever seen

46 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I remember one story he told me about how once after a North London derby he was basically patrolling one of the tube stations making sure the Arsenal fans were OK :D fella knew how to look after himself.

44 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Stopped chatting to me on MSN around the same time too. Just disappeared.

Rob had some real bad relationship issues, most of which were his own making tbf and I think just took himself offline before he totally self destructed. Couple of marvellous nights in London with him though, he really was a top man. 

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I have Kym on my Facebook, she’s lovely, lots of horrible health issues she overcame, and now owns the most gorgeous Dalmatian (called Eric) you’ve ever seen

Was she the one who had like a rugby ball sized growth taken out of her? 

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Yeah, made the papers locally to her, was bigger than that though, more like a medicine ball, in weight and size. I drove from Southampton to Kirkcaldy on a Friday night because I thought she was going to kill herself :(

This is why we love OTF and this is why we love SCR. Makes me proud to be a fellow scummer :) 

Just now, Butts said:

If ever further proof was needed that SCR is a top bloke...

Further proof that SCR was a pilllock as it turned out to be a drunken dribble :D, still I got a weekend drinking Buckfast out of it :D

1 hour ago, bestbrother said:

Not OTF more random, dont ask me what i was called ill never remember, but late 90s early 00s the SI or Champ forums whatever they were called back then had a section called

Crap Manager City

My memories from that are Bog Snorkelling, a user called BiB, another user called Degsy, im sure there was a Halifax fan on there... some Scottish bloke and Raith Rovers....

You sort of played within constraints and could never name a player you had in your team.

They did do a spinoff forum as well at one point. Its definately a good 20 years or so ago.

Yeah, CMC was my first "home" on the SI forums. :D

BiB was Big in Belgium. There was also a Dutchman named Erik. And L9L (Lieutenant Nine Lives) from Belfast. 

I forget what the circumstances were, but I think there was some issue about CMC's play style or posting style, so SI closed it and later started the LLM forum in its place. The CMC crew did the spinoff forum (and an IRC channel) in response.

More OTF memories: When Bill Murray was declared the forum's "patron saint" and someone edited his IMDB page to note that. :D

Also started several rounds where a poster would say they remember him from some movie where he repeats the same day, a second poster would say they remembered the movie too but not the name, and then a third poster would chime in "Groundhog Day!". This cycle could be repeated several times in the same thread.

2 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

More OTF memories: When Bill Murray was declared the forum's "patron saint" and someone edited his IMDB page to note that. :D

Also started several rounds where a poster would say they remember him from some movie where he repeats the same day, a second poster would say they remembered the movie too but not the name, and then a third poster would chime in "Groundhog Day!". This cycle could be repeated several times in the same thread.

I'm sure it would always cause fury when a user would pop up, not knowing the routine, and just answer 'Groundhog Day' straight away :D 

13 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Roxanne Pallett was OTF's sweetheart too I seem to recall.

Until she was horrid on national tv.

I saw her once in a hotel I'd gone to a meeting for. I am sure I excitedly told OTF.

18 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

15 minutes ago, Snedhead said:

I'm sure it would always cause fury when a user would pop up, not knowing the routine, and just answer 'Groundhog Day' straight away :D 

The third poster would often name a different Bill Murray film, where it'd be debated before somebody would say the title. But yeah was always funny when somebody ruined the routine.

21 minutes ago, Haguey said:

And now she's a well known scumbag.

26 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Seen some love for Tina O’Brien recently if I recall

Wasn't there some other actress who became OTF's sweetheart either right before or right after Pallett?

I can see her face but can't remember the name. Was blonde and on one of those Emmerdale/Hollyoaks/EastEnders type of shows. Jennifer something, I think.

1 minute ago, Jason the Yank said:

Wasn't there some other actress who became OTF's sweetheart either right before or right after Pallett?

I can see her face but can't remember the name. Was blonde and on one of those Emmerdale/Hollyoaks/EastEnders type of shows. Jennifer something, I think.

Jennifer Ellison?

Was going to mention THE_HARRY_PONTEK but see he's come up a few times already.  Seem to remember a thread where people were wondering where he was from and some googling showed he posted on a Malaysian fishing forum or something?!  But then there was a debate about whether that was the real Pontek or a copycat.

Miss the poker thread.  Had a good community with hand history posting etc.  There was a pro on there, Elliot Bowker, who'd sometimes post some no nonsense advice.

I remember a user called Ratinho who posted a lot and was quite blunt when disagreeing with people.  I had a minor debate with him on the West Ham v Liverpool FA Cup final where he was criticising the media for making Gerrard man of the match when he thought it should have been Nigel Reo Coker :D

Just now, martinji said:

I remember a user called Ratinho who posted a lot and was quite blunt when disagreeing with people. 

There was a Man United fan named Craig (IIRC) who was kind of the same way. Had the shaved head and everything. But he and I actually got along pretty well.

27 minutes ago, martinji said:

I remember a user called Ratinho who posted a lot and was quite blunt when disagreeing with people.  I had a minor debate with him on the West Ham v Liverpool FA Cup final where he was criticising the media for making Gerrard man of the match when he thought it should have been Nigel Reo Coker :D

I chat with Rats nearly every day, and yes he is pretty blunt :D

27 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

There was a Man United fan named Craig (IIRC) who was kind of the same way. Had the shaved head and everything. But he and I actually got along pretty well.

Aptly named Red B@stard.

29 minutes ago, martinji said:

Miss the poker thread.  Had a good community with hand history posting etc.  There was a pro on there, Elliot Bowker, who'd sometimes post some no nonsense advice.

Yeah Bowker was a good guy to chat to, I think he gave up poker altogether and became a teacher.

Not sure if Pell has been mentioned? Funniest most laugh out loud mental poster OTF has ever seen imo. Only 4 threads come up in search but they are filled with genius like this about the rain;

its starting to pick up a wee bit now like but nowt too strenyou

streuoi

nowt too heavy just yet thank the lord!

Not sure if it was when I joined the boards or when I first starting coming over to OTF but Ratinho had just been banned, it's pretty much the first thing I remember :D Think there was someone with a huge post count that had just vanished too, Mika perhaps?

I have some random board stats, pictures and videos saved in a folder somewhere, most of which is just meaningless :D Although I can post some if people want to see which mods banned who in 2005 or the like.

I have some really odd memories, like someone was phoning in to some call-in radio show and then then never got picked and we wasted hours :D Fun times with random games too, Gunz was probably the best. Although some people here just took things too far back then, I can't remember who it was but someone from here contacted me repeatedly telling me to kill myself which is pretty messed up looking back (I think that's why the chatroom got disabled too?)

Anyway, on a brighter note, always loved these:

soVPkev.jpg

ZLT93wc.jpg

MxkyQLm.jpg

1 hour ago, roughtfish said:

Not sure if Pell has been mentioned? Funniest most laugh out loud mental poster OTF has ever seen imo. Only 4 threads come up in search but they are filled with genius like this about the rain;

its starting to pick up a wee bit now like but nowt too strenyou

streuoi

nowt too heavy just yet thank the lord!

He has big ears I seem to remember. Mad how this random stuff can be remembered.

I've been frequenting OTF for over 20 years, but have mostly been active on OTF spinoff forums like FRF and US-TV. Big shoutout to the guys who posted there. I grew up on those forums.

My oldest OTF memory is Gary Fletcher and THE SOLIDS invading OTF once in a while.

Edited by Sano
8 hours ago, Steffers said:

Not strictly a thread but back in 08? (i think) around Glasto we all planned to meet up during a band to meet each other etc. When myself and fellow board member @Tays arrived at Glasto that year we went to pennard hill and plonked ourselves down and pitched up, as the night went on we got speaking to our neighbours around the campfire and asked who we were looking forward to seeing. The person we were speaking to said that "its a bit embarrassing but there is a guy on a forum i go on in a band called Los Campesinos who i'm looking forward to seeing" At that point we both said the forum wasn't OTF was it? To which we found out that we had actually inadvertently camped next to @Barnzy who we were going to meet up with!

To this day this is the weirdest thing I've ever had happen to me. So @Barnzy if you are out there mate i hope you are doing well!

I’m here, was very random! Was good to meet you both and was a great glad to.