Random OTF memories

3 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

The researchers data forum was great, so many memories of that place. The best will always be the Arsenal researcher who was the most biased idiot you'd ever see, one of those randomers you'd find in the data forum asking why aren't all our players the best in the game. 

I always remember Ronaldo going to Real Madrid and despite the rule being not to mess with the data from the previous researcher, someone lowered his Heading to like 10 so he could use the points on his Finishing and we all went mad :D  

I remember my teams being routinely destroyed by OP'd Arsenal back in the day. Thankfully he's no longer doing the data :D

1 minute ago, Bigwig said:

I hope you all went to town on whoever gave Cisse 20 for finishing (Foster?). 

Think it was Foster at the time, yeah. No idea what he's doing nowadays, not seen him around. Used to have him on Facebook from when we worked on the FM WeeGiE stuff but deleted by original account years ago. Was engaged the last I remember but that was quite a few years back now. 

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The numbers were always very quick to go up, then very slow to come back down. Better now, though.

Giroud was a ridiculous example from about FM14, regular 30 goal seasons. 

39 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

I remember it but haven't looked at it since. Link?

Will try and find it

Edit: Found it :D @Harryseaess

25 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

I miss @gillsminnow. Did anyone watch any of his YouTube videos, the guy has the sexiest voice :D 

He streams on twitch sometimes, last one a couple weeks ago, username minnowmize.

Edited by Pukey

Anyone remember that Superman dude who was an innocent yet slightly deluded United fan? He was funny.

Also I think I asked this on discord a few months ago but what about that time 2 accounts were debating about something political (can't for the life of me remember what it was about but some people said it might be about the death penalty), and turns out they were run by the same guy? Mental.

The ham-man man-ham thread was funny too

10 minutes ago, adhikapp said:

Anyone remember that Superman dude who was an innocent yet slightly deluded United fan? He was funny.

Also I think I asked this on discord a few months ago but what about that time 2 accounts were debating about something political (can't for the life of me remember what it was about but some people said it might be about the death penalty), and turns out they were run by the same guy? Mental.

The ham-man man-ham thread was funny too

Cubensis might be one of the aliases your meaning?

On the Arsenal front I'm assuming that's why Vela, Lupoli, Bazarite and every other also run youth striker turned into the new Pele?

Was it gills that did the youtube videos for one of the newer CM games that ripped apart their set piece editor by using the goalkeeper as an extra attacker that all the defenders ignored?

1 minute ago, Rafalution said:

did otf2 just happen because the boards went down initially?

i just went and checked and i last posted there in 2010

I pop my head over there now and again - still a lot of recognisable names. I think they deserve credit for keeping it going for so long and they seem to have a pretty decent community. I'm sure quite a few thought the OTF2 thing would disappear quite quickly.

I signed up to learn about FM and came back to Post in OTF so I vaguely remember some bits but not all of it.

I sort of understand the wee aja thing but I don't get at all what the big deal is :D 

2 minutes ago, Snedhead said:

I pop my head over there now and again - still a lot of recognisable names. I think they deserve credit for keeping it going for so long and they seem to have a pretty decent community. I'm sure quite a few thought the OTF2 thing would disappear quite quickly.

10+ years for a spin off board is bloody impressive, best of all the breakaway boards.

Heres a random arena map marking where a load of us were sitting at the Raw Manchester meetup 

rawplan.jpg

I was a few seats down from smpkillie, he was shouting across a few people to me, so they asked if they wanted them to move down so he could sit next to me. He did so, then proceeded to boo the national anthem and randomly swear at people around us booing his favourite wrestlers :D 

39 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

I remember my teams being routinely destroyed by OP'd Arsenal back in the day. Thankfully he's no longer doing the data :D

When basically Carlos Vela, Denilson, Alliadere, Barazite, Merida, Bendtner were all insanely rated for potential :D Swear even one version, Ramsey was the only (or maybe of a couple) players that were -10 potential :D 

4 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

When basically Carlos Vela, Denilson, Alliadere, Barazite, Merida, Bendtner were all insanely rated for potential :D Swear even one version, Ramsey was the only (or maybe of a couple) players that were -10 potential :D 

Think every one of them was at least a -9 from memory :D

6 hours ago, Pukey said:

Wee Aja making a thread dramatically revealing he was actually an alias and how horrible he felt about it all, just to be met with a collective shrug of the shoulders.

What was the Wee Aja thread? Name rings a bell, but i can't remember it at all. 

Just realised that Nep is going on about Ter’s girlfriend potentially cheating on him in that thread.  Bit ironic considering how that panned out. 

Just now, Bigwig said:

Just realised that Nep is going on about Ter’s girlfriend potentially cheating on him in that thread.  Bit ironic considering how that panned out. 

She didn't cheat on him! She FELL ASLEEP and her PHONE WAS ON SILENT or something else totally believable.

6 minutes ago, Semi Skilled Milk said:

It's a shame the opening post of the Wee Aja thread is gone now. The stunning indifference to his announcement was the best part of the thread, but the grandiosity of his opening speech was pretty impressive.

Someone saved it and posted it on page 2!

10 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

The thread did make me remember the legend that is Neil Studd though.

One of OTFs finest and biggest bellends ever

I played EVE Online with him for a bit, along with Herman Bloom. Was Studd the one who did an FA Cup diary?

Just now, Big Geordie said:

I played EVE Online with him for a bit, along with Herman Bloom. Was Studd the one who did an FA Cup diary?

Yes, and had his own website about his perfect life, and perfect wife, and how great he was.

Gills destroyed it :D

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Studd's the guy who appeared on Pointless yeah?

Don’t know about that one, Ned was on Countdown, but I don’t recall a Pointless one

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Don’t know about that one, Ned was on Countdown, but I don’t recall a Pointless one

Ned also won big on who wants to be a millionaire

13 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

The thread did make me remember the legend that is Neil Studd though.

One of OTFs finest and biggest bellends ever

Before Loked there was Studd's meltdown in the XBox thread when someone posted a list of achievements for a game that he considered was spoilers. When everyone pointed out it was a huge long list that you'd have to purposely read to find any spoilers, he decided to post spoilers from Lost when someone had just died that hadn't aired in the UK yet :D

4 hours ago, Nordan said:

I'm terrible with these things, but I'd like to mention The_Harry_Pontek. He was hilarious.

I came in to say this. A true OTF legend. How did it go? LEGEND, LEGEND, but only on OTF-TEK!

Or something like that.

I also remember, was it Ter and a Celtic supporter skipping hand in hand wearing their strips to show that we are grown ups on OTF

20 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

I also remember, was it Ter and a Celtic supporter skipping hand in hand wearing their strips to show that we are grown ups on OTF

Fat Bhoy Tim I think :D 

Although I think it was just a random stock photo rather than actually being them :D 

2 hours ago, Snedhead said:

Was it gills that did the youtube videos for one of the newer CM games that ripped apart their set piece editor by using the goalkeeper as an extra attacker that all the defenders ignored?

3 hours ago, Rafalution said:

did otf2 just happen because the boards went down initially?

From memory, I was at Serpico house and he was complaining about a group of otfers being ****s and whining about loads of stuff.  So I said "why dont they **** off and form their own forum" ad he said "we're ust sorting it out now".

Or something like that.

Sy13 and djvandyke who were DT and Troopz before Robbie even picked up a camera outside the Emirates. Must’ve wasted actual days of my life defending Wenger like he was my own Dad in arguments back in the early 2010s, shame how it worked out really :D 

Harry Pontek, swear he made a random return a few years ago, a bit like when a random wrestler from the attitude era would pop up on an episode of Raw or something. 

On the wrestling front I remember when I used to watch every PPV and sometimes even Raw live and part of the fun was the thread on here. Definitely a few enjoyable Rumbles. I think biggest WTF moments must’ve been the CM Punk pipe bomb promo, Nexus debut, Shield debut and Undertaker streak going. 

I remember playing Clubs on FIFA back when Villa were flying, remember Nep always being the only guy using his mic  and going nuts for it. 

Seem to recall a summer where we’d play 2012? Olympics game all the time as well. 

There was that F1 simulator website BATracer? I remember never having the slightest clue what I was doing and just relying on getting a good partner on my team for the race. 

Seem to remember some kind of mumsnet invasion with going to centre parcs being intrinsically linked with doing butt stuff. 

I remember a fair few FMO sessions, main thing that sticks out was I got Everton and made loads of insane transfers and dodgy deals like someone sold me Dzeko for £5M and I put in loads of clauses and stupid future promises to get him to sign. Think I got sacked and then they went into administration :D 

I remember the Aguerrrrro goal on here as it happened. Mental. 

Wenger finally getting sacked. SAF retiring. The Germany 7-1 Brazil. 

I remember the big debate when the FF first became a thing instead of all of it just being on OTF. 

There was a Eurovision Song Contest where Iceland won and I seem to recall Icelander being very happy about it as the evening went on. 

Who was the user that was having a mad argument with someone in a random thread and then it randomly came out a few weeks later that he was an alias and had been arguing with himself :D It wasn’t even like a new account, swear it had several hundred posts or something. 

19 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Wenger finally getting sacked. SAF retiring.

I don't remember the thread on here so much but I can remember exactly how I found out, had been busy with work and just flicked onto Twitter and that BeardedGenius was tweeting something nice about Wenger and I thought "that's a bit random" and then I realised.

I remember with SAF going that it broke as a rumour a couple of hours beforehand and loads of people were really dismissive and ITK about it :D 

Arjen Robbens Bee suit 

Cup Cam @Bliss Seekerwas that you?

The guy who ordered a working girl and live streamed it on web cam for the forum. Want to say that was also Bliss but I don't think it was :D

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

I don't remember the thread on here so much but I can remember exactly how I found out, had been busy with work and just flicked onto Twitter and that BeardedGenius was tweeting something nice about Wenger and I thought "that's a bit random" and then I realised.

I remember with SAF going that it broke as a rumour a couple of hours beforehand and loads of people were really dismissive and ITK about it :D 

Yeah I seem to remember it being a rumour for a few hours before being confirmed. 

That whole next season on here was amazing to be fair. 

Moyes first coming in and people questioning it, mad rumours of a furious Rooney linked with Chelsea, Fabregas and Khedira linked all summer before last minute panic signing Fellaini for the same price they’d bid for Fellaini and Baines combined earlier in the window. 

The losses when they started rolling in. 

I remember it being insane. I was betting a bit at the time and I remember the first couple of times United would be losing by a goal to some relegation battling side with half hour to go and throwing like a tenner on them coming back and winning because it was ****ing Man United of course they weren’t going to lose at home to West Brom or Newcastle. 

Calls for Moyes to go, fans split between hating him and defending him to the death, the Moyes Out plane, Hated Adored Never Ignored thread, Give it Giggsy till the end of the season. 

Good times :D 

Some of there might have been mentioned but...

Tony7 forgetting where he parked after a Liverpool game in Manchester. :lol: 

b0o.com cloning our forum to make it look like a busy website.

The LLM forum, their rules and their vetting process... and the subsequent raid of OTF by their cult leader mod

I can't remember which user and I might be misremembering some details but there was a guy who everyone thought posted a potentially suicidal post then stopped posting abruptly. We all got together and found out a lot of personal info about him, all with good intentions (making sure he's okay, helping him through whatever it was that was troubling him etc) but in hindsight, we felt a little uncomfortable about how easy it was to find personal info about someone on here. iirc, he was fine and posted as normal in the poker thread some time after.

Retro posting in the night thread drunk then apologizing for offending anyone in the next night thread :lol: 

Night threads in general

Can't remember which user it was but he posted a thread about him and his mates being outnumbered and attacked by a gang in a park and Gillsminnow recreated the scene in MS Paint :D

Putting names to faces in the original OTF gallery

Who was the guy from Singapore who used to argue in the politics thread and had an alias who would back him up all the time.