• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MavReck said:

The glory days of Ham's puns, whatever happened to him

tenor.gif

I seem to remember being particularly proud of an apple punfest...

Oh the glory days.

Can anyone remember why I became an "International Slow Player'. It was a misunderstanding/being dumb about something but I can't remember what.

1 minute ago, ham_aka_stam said:

I seem to remember being particularly proud of an apple punfest...

Oh the glory days.

I had a crazy dream last night! I was swimming in an ocean of orange soda. Turns out it was just a Fanta sea.

5 minutes ago, CraigFairlie said:

Went through Powlay's old posts on here and he mentioned a twitter account, searched it and Kay Murray follows him. Mental

You seem to be obsessed with the guy. Are you Hillys mum perchance?

Was this Powlay banned from here? He sounds like the kind of guy who wouldn't last long in modern OTF.

Just now, decapitated said:

You seem to be obsessed with the guy. Are you Hillys mum perchance?

Was this Powlay banned from here? He sounds like the kind of guy who wouldn't last long in modern OTF.

Who's Hilly?

1 hour ago, MavReck said:

The glory days of Ham's puns, whatever happened to him

tenor.gif

He grew up like we all (mostly) did.

This has gone from a forum of teenagers and twenty somethings to a forum of people in their 30's and 40's with partners and kids.

Time always keeps on moving :(.

4 minutes ago, CraigFairlie said:

That's nice

It was just a tongue in cheek comment mate :). Wasn't trying to actually be mean.

No wonder Powlay has traumatized you.

Just now, CraigFairlie said:

Has the word Powlay been banned on this thread?

If it was, you’d lose your entire post count

Edited by Deisler26
Just now, Deisler26 said:

If it was, you’d lost your entire post count

In this thread anyway. If the words 'Happy days' were banned, then yes, i'd loose my entire post count:D

EDIT - 1,500th post. 

Edited by CraigFairlie
1500th post.

Less is more btw. Might've been funny if you'd have made it like 4 posts max.

Same with the pun threads. Loads and loads of great puns and then someone comes along and tries to make 10 puns in one post and ruins the whole thing.

Less is more.

20 hours ago, roughtfish said:

Samlew could snipe your head off from a different map on COD :D

Also f**k Search & Destroy. FFA 1st to 25 kills 4 life :D

The best damn race driver is in the house! I still have nightmares looking in my mirror and seeing you behind me on forza! how you doing rought?

3 hours ago, Klimowicz said:

Don't remember Post Monkeh but the name reminds me of a user called Poyple Monkeys.

Dragging the thread away from Middlesbrough related obsessions, I met Poyplemonkeys a couple of times. Once in London when Father Senegal got him so drunk he vomited across an entire public toilet and when I got some tickets for a Saints game, was a good lad, despite being a total lightweight 

On 15/02/2021 at 21:02, G-Man11 said:

Yeah he made one for all of us. He actually spent hours trawling though the captured footage to make them :D.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TNNVanBastens/videos

(Don't check out the Frozen Synapse videos, it just shows Dan crushing me :()

I'm pretty sure he actually got his capture thing from @Readingfanmanon here. I remember I chipped in a paltry tenner. 

Damn, 10 years ago.

Those Clubs days were probably the most fun I've ever had on Fifa, even to this day. Just went back and re-watched the "Transformation of Pinder" video Dan did, still a masterpiece.

Hope everyone's doing alright.

On 15/02/2021 at 21:24, Barry Cartman said:

Was Chopra the one who used to claim the Cardiff goalie was the best in the world and whenever he used to make a blunder would always make an excuse for him as to why it wasn't his fault? 

Almost certain this was me :D 

Great memories reading the thread, sadly only browse here once/twice a year for nostalgia. 

Whatever happened to the Welsh darts player who used to give us updates on his progress and was really into it? Wasn’t Gerwyn Price by any chance? 

17 hours ago, Ackter said:

Can anyone remember why I became an "International Slow Player'. It was a misunderstanding/being dumb about something but I can't remember what.

Was definitely me, but I'll be damned if I can remember exactly why. I thought it may have been a reference to your footballing performance during the OTF football meet up, but may be mistaken. 

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Was definitely me, but I'll be damned if I can remember exactly why. I thought it may have been a reference to your footballing performance during the OTF football meet up, but may be mistaken. 

Nah it was way way after that, like 5 years +.

Also I'm not slow, I have decent pace :(

8 hours ago, bluebirds4life said:

Great memories reading the thread, sadly only browse here once/twice a year for nostalgia. 

Whatever happened to the Welsh darts player who used to give us updates on his progress and was really into it? Wasn’t Gerwyn Price by any chance? 

gareth something

1 hour ago, Ackter said:

Nah it was way way after that, like 5 years +.

Also I'm not slow, I have decent pace :(

Yeah was more in relation to you telling a story about it, or me reading a comment you posted many years later. Regardless, if you want it changed just ask :D 

36 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah was more in relation to you telling a story about it, or me reading a comment you posted many years later. Regardless, if you want it changed just ask :D 

Nah it's fine, it can stay til I do something deserving of it being changed :D

You can give me my 35,000 posts back if you like now though, seeing as I don't need to pretend I'm not that sad anymore.

11 hours ago, bluebirds4life said:

GarethClem with some numbers at the end was the username iirc, Clement being the full name I believe.

Asked OTF to sponsor him I think even though he was new to the board.

Was either scamming, or just had a way over the top opinion of his own ability. Or just had no shame. Maybe all 3.

48 minutes ago, sebsy said:

GarethClem with some numbers at the end was the username iirc, Clement being the full name I believe.

Asked OTF to sponsor him I think even though he was new to the board.

Was either scamming, or just had a way over the top opinion of his own ability. Or just had no shame. Maybe all 3.

Blimey I'd forgotten all about this until I read your post, what a wave of nostalgia :D 

Can't really remember much else about it, hadn't he beaten a pro at some low level tournament and held on to that as proof he'd get right to the top?

11 minutes ago, Snedhead said:

Blimey I'd forgotten all about this until I read your post, what a wave of nostalgia :D 

Can't really remember much else about it, hadn't he beaten a pro at some low level tournament and held on to that as proof he'd get right to the top?

I just remember him telling us he knew he could be very good but he wasn't able to go to the next level because he had no sponsor or funds for travel so he basically wanted OTF to pay for his transport to tournaments :D

Yellow/red card icons under your username for infractions and permabans :D 

The only one I ever got when was I made a thread saying that I read everyone's post in the accent I assumed they had according to the team they support or other info they had mentioned on OTF. I said @ham_aka_stam sounded like Julian Clary and he gave me a yellow card! Amazingly, my internet went down for a full week immediately after that post, the infraction only lasted a week so I didn't get to feel like a proper rebel at all :(

It's still on my profile

QKY1H8F.png

I can give you another infraction if you want to feel like a rebel :)

I am tempted to revoke that infraction though because Ham does sound like Julian Clary

On 21/02/2021 at 12:44, G-Man11 said:

Rude.

Besides when has Gregg ever pretended not act like an arse on this site? :D

That's like saying Bliss has pretended not to be vain. :D

Wasn't there a period of a few weeks where almost every thread would have someone post "BUT HOW BIG WERE HER T*TS!?!?!?" in at some point? 

IIRC it began as a lampoon of infantile humour/sexism but arguably became what it was parodying quite quickly :D 

That reminds me of someone who described their date along the lines of did x, went to y, had sex (x2) and then had the **** taken out of him for the rest of the thread because of the (x2). 

It doesn't sound as funny when you recount it like that, but it was hilarious at the time :D

32 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

You had Mookie’s Law, linkage and surprise sex comments frequently. Different world back then. 

Yeah it doesn't seem like much has changed really but when you think back or read some of the old threads it's definitely a very different place.

15 minutes ago, Bigwig said:

I mean someone (Mr Adam?) has been going on about going to Center Parcs for ages and there hasn’t been one anal sex joke. Not one. 

Am sure that story originally started out on Mumsnet of all places.