Random OTF memories

On 12/02/2021 at 13:55, WLKRAS said:

Can't remember his username on here, but wasn't Neil Fachie, the paralympian on here? Fairly sure he used to join in the Giro del Mundo thing.

weedonsfan

great memories reading this thread. Shout out to all the Giro del Mundo guys, miss those days.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another user that just came into my head, thinking about the old Poker thread, is Phat Phish.  Always seemed a decent guy.  Looks like he last posted in 2015.

2 hours ago, martinji said:

Another user that just came into my head, thinking about the old Poker thread, is Phat Phish.  Always seemed a decent guy.  Looks like he last posted in 2015.

I used to enjoy the poker thread. Wonder who is still playing?

23 hours ago, VamPook said:

Was there a real user called Alv or something similar or was it an alias

He was around about 20 years ago, IIRC - am sure he was a mod and just completely dropped off the radar?

More FM related but I was reminded by the "Become A Newgen" email for FM21... in one of the early versions, SI did something similar but people were asked to send a picture of themselves to become an officially included newgen. Some pictures were troubling and the police had to be notified apparently :/ don't know if we ever found out the what or who but they scrapped that idea.

8 hours ago, Klimowicz said:

More FM related but I was reminded by the "Become A Newgen" email for FM21... in one of the early versions, SI did something similar but people were asked to send a picture of themselves to become an officially included newgen. Some pictures were troubling and the police had to be notified apparently :/ don't know if we ever found out the what or who but they scrapped that idea.

I think they had some of those pictures in FM06. It killed the realism to have a 16 year old south american wonderkid with a photo of a middle aged european guy smoking in the profile.

On 16/02/2021 at 13:26, José_9_Reyes said:

Mr Villa! yes bro! Hope you're good fella.

Samlew was a ****ing beast at GOW. I'm still baffled he literally lived a minute away from me and I only ever see him once walking past Asda.

@BigwigWe used to have some brilliant GOW games back in the day. Hope you, BS, AJ and Kan are all good bro.

Samlew could snipe your head off from a different map on COD :D

Also f**k Search & Destroy. FFA 1st to 25 kills 4 life :D

On 18/02/2021 at 14:26, Rebs said:

Yeah they were fun, I remember CC going mad when I killed a downed enemy which he was about to grab intel off :D

Can't remember what Ghost Recon it was but it was fun. I think Powlay played and I remember him getting angry all the time when we didn't do what he said :D

Edited by Mr Villa
1 hour ago, deltablue said:

Not OTF, but people going down memory lane in this thread reminded me of this guy...

Genuinely one of my favourite threads not just in FMCU (which I used to lurk around quite regularly), but in all the SI forums. I still look for it every few months if I need a pick-me-up. :D

I don't remember reading anything as bold and blatant as that on the FM Stories forum. To be fair, it's not as hard to disguise cheating when you're just writing instead of posting screenshots. That's good in one way, but also disappointing in another. I was kinda hoping FMS would have had its own doping scandal by now. :lol:

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

Not OTF, but people going down memory lane in this thread reminded me of this guy...

I preferred the McGrath thread, but this was equally as fun

2 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I preferred the McGrath thread, but this was equally as fun

Is that the one, or was there something I missed?

I very nearly posted that one as well, but I thought I that one non-OTF thread was enough. I love how much of a legend Vogel became for a while :D

10 hours ago, deltablue said:

I remember this one very clearly, realised it before even clicking on the thread. :D

Suddenly popped up and started posting some insane stats. Then people asked him for proof and he got really defensive.

Turns out I did comment on one of the players. A right back with 19 for finishing and 18 for one on ones and a definitely believable jumping reach for someone who is 169cm tall. :lol:

Edited by DB08
12 minutes ago, DB08 said:

I remember this one very clearly, realised it before even clicking on the thread. :D

Suddenly popped up and started posting some insane stats. Then people asked him for proof and he got really defensive.

Turns out I did comment on one of the players. A right back with 19 for finishing and 18 for one on ones and a definitely believable jumping reach for someone who is 169cm tall. :lol:

Was he messing about the editor? 

7 minutes ago, CraigFairlie said:

Was he messing about the editor? 

He claimed he was only using it to check the CA/PA of players. Of course no one was having that as the overpowered newgens he claimed to be finding were all in the 16-18 age range and had world class attributes. :D

Just caught up with this thread, bloody hell.

Powlay was mean, probably a decent guy IRL but got off on being a dick to kids on the internet.  He used to PM me telling me how beige he thought I was and that I should stop posting, dullard was one of his favourite put-downs. Bit of a bully really.  He used to run a social club and that's how the him and hilly's mum thing became a thing.  Don't think they were actually an item, but Powlay would say he was going to ask her out etc. and we all wound hilly up about it.

I remember Powlay starting a thread about getting his pool table reclothed and him getting HUGELY pissed off that I posted a wall of puns and derailed the thread into a punfest.

I remember Nep being a decent chap, a got a pint at his pub one day when I had an hour to kill in Euston, but he had a massive ego when it came to FIFA... would have proper hissy fits if people didn't pass to him when playing Clubs. He was pretty good, but it reminded me why I stopped playing real football :D, Can't believe he's now e-famous, especially after the betting controversy. etc. Docklanders is also pretty big on the FM/FIFA streaming too iirc?

I played MW2 for a bit too but I was ****ing useless and soon gave up.

Retro had a kid and that curtailed his interest here I think.  He also lost a parent iirc which hit him quite hard.  He did become quite "anti new left" for a bit, but I think he just got sick of us all being young idealistic lefties.

Another name that has come to me reading this thread is Meitheisman, who was genuinely a horror to debate with.  One of those contrarians who couldn't even string two thoughts together in words to back up his shocking opinions.

Also, as a mod I'm not meant to "like" OTF2, but I went through a period of posting there quite frequently, I donated whenever they did a fundraise to keep it going. Whilst it attracted some of the less desirables from here, the vast majority of them were sound, and it's a credit to rjcuk (?), Argel etc. that it's still going.

14 minutes ago, ham_aka_stam said:

I remember Powlay starting a thread about getting his pool table reclothed and him getting HUGELY pissed off that I posted a wall of puns and derailed the thread into a punfest.

Powlay is before my active time here so I'll assume he was a bell but I have every sympathy with this reaction.

13 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Powlay is before my active time here so I'll assume he was a bell but I have every sympathy with this reaction.

The thing is though that is exactly what he'd do to everyone else's threads. He'd always be the first to derail threads.

33 minutes ago, ham_aka_stam said:

Powlay was mean,  got off on being a dick to kids on the internet. 

Yeah, hence my hatred for the guy, I was in my early teens and he was doing exactly that. 

It did get to me at the time, like i'd post stuff and he'd just go out of his way to be a dick. 

1 hour ago, ham_aka_stam said:

Powlay was mean, probably a decent guy IRL but got off on being a dick to kids on the internet. He used to PM me telling me how beige he thought I was and that I should stop posting, dullard was one of his favourite put-downs. Bit of a bully really.

Sounds a right bell

1 hour ago, ham_aka_stam said:

Link anyone?

30 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Powlay was the anti- @Confused Clarity

Always found it amusing that his sense of superiority basically came from being Middlesbrough researcher.

I mean Middlesbrough are an irrelevant football club, and the place is meant to be a dump.

17 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Sounds a right bell

That's an understatement

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

Link anyone?

Yeah, i want to see this, would be comedy gold. I mean who shows off about having a pool table? 

12 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Link anyone?

Thats my cue to find it but the search function might leave me snookered. I baulk to think of ham's puns though.

3 minutes ago, MavReck said:

Thats my cue to find it but the search function might leave me snookered. I baulk to think of ham's puns though.

I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS THREAD TO BE DERAILED :mad: 

9 minutes ago, MavReck said:

*Virtual Doth of the cap* 

I appreciate that pun.

4 minutes ago, Snedhead said:

I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS THREAD TO BE DERAILED :mad: 

Powlay? Is that you?

2 minutes ago, Ackter said:

All his posts were him being a dick while all your posts are you pretending not to be a dick :brock:

Rude.

Besides when has Gregg ever pretended not act like an arse on this site? :D

2 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

The anti Powlay is surely BG? 

Do you mean the Newcastle-Middlesbrough angle?

Middlesbrough think they have a rivalry with Newcaste and Sunderland. It's one way in both scenarios.

1 hour ago, Baptista_8 said:

Sounds a right bell

Talking of which, does the user Bell still exist? Was a mod. Didn't have the greatest sense of humour iirc.

3 minutes ago, CraigFairlie said:

Went through Powlay's old posts on here and he mentioned a twitter account, searched it and Kay Murray follows him. Mental

Mate you are obsessed. Stop it. Please.