Random OTF memories

Partly inspired by Weezer's recent post-count celebration, I realised that next year will mark twenty (!?) years since I signed up here and stumbled into OTF. :kriss:

Unfortunately I only remember a tiny fraction of all I've consumed here over that time. What random threads/users/posts do you remember now when you look back on your time in OTF? And what part memories trigger something you can't quite piece together (maybe someone else can help)?

Bisto's laptops, Serpico's passing, 'Teh Solids', Nep's missing girlfriend, 'OTF radio' interviewing Johny Pilko (?) about his recent banning, Henry v RVN, loked causing carnage in the GoT threads, Sy13's SOTB thread. That's a tiny cross-section of things I can recall to varying degrees after 30 seconds of thinking - how about you? 

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 9/11 thread was a real coming together of the community on a crazy, confusing day.

Poolies finding his mums dildo :D

The mods used to be savage, Ruckus :eek: 

Who was it who said something about “real men eat meat with their bear hands” or something along those lines?

Or perhaps I’m confusing two situations from the past together :D

Wee Aja making a thread dramatically revealing he was actually an alias and how horrible he felt about it all, just to be met with a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Egghampton's existence.

Making a 5-a-side team at uni and never winning a game.

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned" - can't even remember who it was, or which thread, but it was funny.

Old Giro del Mundo and OTF Cricket games (including doing a ton of stats on the latter) 

And yeah, poolies dildo thread and Bacon's Ham-man too.

The lasagna gate where Spurs had the ***** sticks out, mainly because the boards were down and we had to type in the chat room thing that was on here

A bit after the time where I was most active on here, but TomTuck deleting his account when it came out that he made up his girlfriend and it was girl that he was obsessed with.

Oh and Pjburrage? obsessing over a girl on the train and it turned out that she was a child.

10 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Wee Aja making a thread dramatically revealing he was actually an alias and how horrible he felt about it all, just to be met with a collective shrug of the shoulders.

Egghampton's existence.

Hahaha Egghampton was amazing, had forgotten him.

Who was it that got all excited when a bunch of girls gathered next door for a pool party then started taking photos and posting them online before everyone realised they were all underage?

The whole "but what if you had a jet plane on a treadmill?" argument.

The great Overtired/Oh They're Tired debate.

Crazy Frog was a thing for a while, IIRC.

Sir Bert Preast waging a one-squaddie war against the jihadis.

4 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I remember all of these except TomTuck, what was that about?

He pretended to have a GF and I think it was someone that he knew and obsessed over. Anyway, he got found out and deleted his social media accounts

That time someone claimed to have slept with someone from brookside or something and got proved wrong because she was in a different part of the country at the time

The short lived chat room that got closed because....i want to say insanemadman, was getting bullied

1 minute ago, Gizmo7 said:

He was talking/boasting in the Singles Thread about his girlfriend Vicky who was 19-years-old. Now iirc, I think it was Cleon, had his doubts that this was true, and managed to find her from his "following" list on Twitter, and through a bit of digging realised that actually, Vicky isn't TomTuck's gf, but TomTuck actually had obsession with this girl, and had manufactured this whole relationship with her in his head. 

He then proceeded to deleted all of his social media accounts and was never to be heard of again.

Netflix should look in to turning this in to a 4-part documentary series - it was amazing to witness it all unfold at the time :D

You forget that she didn't like pizza :(

I seem to remember he was sharing pictures of her on twitter, and thats how Cleon (i think) managed to find out who she was.

Whoever it was that found her messaged her about Tom, and she had no idea who he was.

Then I think Tom was PMd asking what he was doing, because the girl who's photos he's sharing online isn't his girlfriend.

He then made up some bollocks how it was all true, so all the info was posted in the singles thread.

Within minutes he deleted his twitter page and I don't think he ever posted again.

18 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Bert genuinely a pretty scary person :D 

Oh yea, I remember Bert and thinking I'd rather not meet him IRL :D

2 minutes ago, Gazza D said:

I seem to remember he was sharing pictures of her on twitter, and thats how Cleon (i think) managed to find out who she was.

Whoever it was that found her messaged her about Tom, and she had no idea who he was.

Then I think Tom was PMd asking what he was doing, because the girl who's photos he's sharing online isn't his girlfriend.

He then made up some bollocks how it was all true, so all the info was posted in the singles thread.

Within minutes he deleted his twitter page and I don't think he ever posted again.

Ahh, yes! 

"I can't that my 19-year-old gf doesn't like pizza :("

I actually think that out of all his lies, the pizza lie was the first red flag that got people's suspicions going - I mean, who doesn't like pizza :D

5 minutes ago, Gazza D said:

And I believe that there were serious concerns that there would be an OTF pile-on on 19-year-old Vicky with messages, to the point that we feared TomTuck's life could genuinely be ruined by this. 

12 minutes ago, Haguey said:

I believe the soap actress was Tina O'Brien from Corrie.

You are correct sir, I can’t for the life of me remember the username though

there was a user who posted loads in the liverpool thread, i think they must have only been about 13 when they joined or something, and then at some point decided they were an edgy iamverysmart teenager, told kris they were gonna do something i'm not even gonna mention to his baby, and promptly got banned. 

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

You are correct sir, I can’t for the life of me remember the username though

Senior Ding-Dong (Lying ****). 

The mingleville animal invasion (Gills at his lunatic best)

Amanda I’m sorry

Jet planes on treadmills

Serpico destroying the idiot Blackpool taxi driver (Mr Rubber Gloves?)

Grenade and Ri in Werewolf 

Nep and his texting 

Gimpys early Christmas stories before it was ruined

There’s loads when you start the mind churning

Going proper old-skool

Threads taking years to load when they went over 50 replies, a user/mod called Silverox throwing a massive strop, the first ever OTF meetup, which I think involved Silverfox, Rigger, Cranker and 36DD - Craig/Red Bastard properly offering someone out and as I mentioned the other week, a user called Brian Winnets hiring a hooker, filming it on his webcam and uploading it here for all to see.

I also remember when meet up's where a thing   - had a beer with Glasgow-Jack and an Arsenal supporter (who's name escapes me - possibly KANU IS GOD), when they visited Newcastle.

Edited by Big Geordie
2 hours ago, Gizzy said:

Remember when that guy got his wife to sign up and everyone thought she wasn't real. What a loser!

Have you fixed that puncture yet?

1 hour ago, Pukey said:

Egghampton's existence.

Wee Aja thread is honestly the best stuff this forum has ever seen imo

23 minutes ago, Gazza D said:

I remember sending the girl a message on facebook to let her know about this stuff. Then got a message from her actual bf who was quite freaked out about this whole shebang iirc. Been a few years, I barely remember most of it anymore

3 minutes ago, Gazza D said:

I remember my brother used to post on here, don't know if anyone else remembers Recky_D?

Was a smarmy ***** iirc

Edited by Robokid87
8 minutes ago, Icelander83 said:

Wee Aja thread is honestly the best stuff this forum has ever seen imo

Still read it from time to time, the sheer indifference is just incredible :D 

2 hours ago, bigmarsh said:

The mods used to be savage, Ruckus :eek: 

Aye, i remember having an account here years and years ago, and Ruckus was particularly horrible and there was a guy called Powlay who was equally as horrible, if not slightly more horrible. 

If i remember rightly, there used to be a common theme of a 'Night Thread', and apparently it could only be started after Ruckus got home from work (In his or Powlay's words) as Ruckus lived in the states.  Maybe i'm getting Ruckus and Powlay mixed up there but these two were absolutely vile. 

In fairness Ruckus mellowed a lot over the years and ended up as one of the better users when he was no longer a mod.

I’ve been around almost 20 years now and it’s interesting to see how people change (or don’t). Some users understandably change as they grow older but others stick to their persona like an actor playing a role.

6 minutes ago, grahamf said:

I could never decide if Powlay was deliberately obtuse or perhaps struggled a bit with comprehension but yeah he was difficult.

Didn’t he run off with hilly-boro’s mum?

11 minutes ago, CraigFairlie said:

Aye, i remember having an account here years and years ago, and Ruckus was particularly horrible and there was a guy called Powlay who was equally as horrible, if not slightly more horrible. 

If i remember rightly, there used to be a common theme of a 'Night Thread', and apparently it could only be started after Ruckus got home from work (In his or Powlay's words) as Ruckus lived in the states.  Maybe i'm getting Ruckus and Powlay mixed up there but these two were absolutely vile. 

Ruckus is a good lad - still in touch with him. He had a few alter-egos on here, inc 'The Egyptian Magician'.

*KABOOM!*