Who else listens to The Football Manager Podcast?

I've been listening to the Football Manager podcast, hosted by Ian McIntosh. They get SI staff on to talk about various things such as tactics, training and more.

It's pretty good and it's good hear from the SI staff themselves. Some of the staff that are on these forums have also been on the podcast.

Has anyone else listened to it and what do you think of it?

P.S. Its available on  The Athletic, Spotify, Apple, Pocket Casts etc

Edited by francis#17

2 hours ago, Bahamontes said:

I do and it's a podcast well worth listening to. It quickly become my go-to FM podcast.

and @SMFC2014

The Football Manager podcast is actually the first and only one football manager podcast I've listened to. Obviously the fact they get staff members is pretty unique to them. Whats been your favourite episode? I liked the second tactics episode, I'm going to start taking into account player traits much more now.

I'll check out those other podcasts too.

I've listened to every episode so far except for the mobile one (as I don't play that format) and although most of it is stuff I have kind of generally known, it's good to have it officially endorsed, as well as a few nuggets here and there make it quite thought provoking,

What about asking more awkward questions? I'd really like to see a content creator or a well supported FM player sit on the fence more with good and bad stuff hilighted.

Think maybe a top ten questions from the community should be put forward for answering. For example... Have SI got plans to employ analysts to study match hilights and player positioning? What are SI doing to improve their response (or lack of) to customers raising bugs issues?....

The questions could go to a poll in order to prioritise the most important stuff to the community, fan base and customers.

7 hours ago, JPChenet said:

What about asking more awkward questions? I'd really like to see a content creator or a well supported FM player sit on the fence more with good and bad stuff hilighted.

Think maybe a top ten questions from the community should be put forward for answering. For example... Have SI got plans to employ analysts to study match hilights and player positioning? What are SI doing to improve their response (or lack of) to customers raising bugs issues?....

The questions could go to a poll in order to prioritise the most important stuff to the community, fan base and customers.

I see where your coming from about the 'asking more awkward questions', they do talk about these things though e.g. they were saying international management gets boring

I think they had fan questions last time? Not sure how people submitted them

Edited by francis#17

• 9 months later...

Just going to float this to the top of this forum.

Recently found this podcast after reading his interview on his life on FM and think it's well worth a listen.

Is Iain in these forums? I'd imagine he is, given his apparent devotion to the game.

On 12/02/2021 at 21:53, r_amanze said:

Does anyone listen to the 5 Star Potential podcast? I’m a big fan of it.

Yes 5 Star Potential is great. It is one of the three that I'm currently listening to.. along with Football Manager Therapy & The Football Manager Podcast.

Currently repainting my home, so perfect to put on while trying to get it all done.