FM Online really slow for client (other country)

So I started an online game yesterday, and the game runs smooth as butter for me (host), but for the other person, the game has very bad load speeds, the actual matches run incredibly slow, and there seems to be a delay in inputs.

Normally, his computer doesn't have any issues on FM, so we're very unsure what the issue is.

My internet speeds are 100 MB/S download 8MB/S Upload.

Any ideas? (We are 3 guys, it's smooth for the other one in the same country as the host as well)

Sometimes there can be some obscure bug-like issue with certain hardware combinations. I know on a previous edition of FM the person I play network games with suffered the exact issue you're describing on their laptop. However, switching to an old macbook it was fine - even though it had lower specs and they had to play games on 2D. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb santy001:

Sometimes there can be some obscure bug-like issue with certain hardware combinations. I know on a previous edition of FM the person I play network games with suffered the exact issue you're describing on their laptop. However, switching to an old macbook it was fine - even though it had lower specs and they had to play games on 2D. 

We will try a different laptop today and are keen to see whether it maybe works better. We play fm since 2014 and online since 2017. It's the first year we have that huge problems. Interesting the third guy (as well in Germany) has no problems at all. Games for the guy in switzerland take far longer than ours and loading times of news in postpox take up to minutes. Yesterday we played against each other and the game was partly freezing for up to 15-30 seconds.

Thanks for your tips and effort.

So today we tried a different laptop but without success. First we took his "normal" gaming computer.

Fine at start and at some point after about 50 minutes speed for him was gone. Game very slow and opening messages really slow.

We tried to switch to laptop but same problem there. Internet speed constand at around 20mbits. Not huge, but by far enough.

So what have both options incommon?Steam and fm itself...any ideas???