Jump to content

★ 30,000 Posts Prize Party ★


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Can I be a dick and say if I win that the money goes to a different hospice? The one that cared for my mum? @Weezer

You monster :mad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody wants to specify another charity then of course that's cool, and also goes without saying that nobody should be shamed into donating if they don't want to either, it's yours to do with as you wish :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@Weezer what is the minimun I can donate and where do I donate it to as the first post didn't give me that information unless I completely miss it.

https://www.oakhavenhospice.co.uk/donate-2/

I don't think there is a minimum donation tbh, give what you can, SCR said himself that every penny helps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weezer said:

https://www.oakhavenhospice.co.uk/donate-2/

I don't think there is a minimum donation tbh, give what you can, SCR said himself that every penny helps. 

Yeah I donated £10. I also donated £10 to a Women's refuge charity as well to help domestic abuse etc.

It is amazing what you are doing and I got caught up in the giving mood of it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

@Ronaldo Beckham I would personally blur/cover any card details even if it's only some of the digits on such a public place.

Yeah this 100%. I didn't notice before but you really should. Better safe than sorry mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I appreciate what you are saying. I don't have much money so they wouldn't be taking much anyway lol.

Darn it, I thought I was on to something. Phishing target cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Can I be a dick and say if I win that the money goes to a different hospice? The one that cared for my mum? @Weezer

I'd be happy to chip in some money to that hospice as well if you post the link :thup: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnhughthom said:

Darn it, I thought I was on to something. Phishing target cancelled.

All you have to do is guess the other 12 numbers. Your pretty safe @Ronaldo Beckham, nobody's going to empty your bank account with just 4 numbers and the knowledge you're a wrestling and Football Manager fan

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I was more worried about people noticing I got a folder solely for dating websites on my browser lol.

 

I married someone from a dating website (and not a good one, plenty of fish), so no judgement here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Damm Weezer you know too much. You must die :Bowen:

Already checked, you weren't lying, not enough in there to be worth my time..... :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johnhughthom said:

I married someone from a dating website (and not a good one, plenty of fish), so no judgement here!

I just thought I would keep them all in one place. I am only Match, POF and Badoo now and also Facebook Dating recently. Obviously Lockdown has put a halt to my dating life at the moment but I am concerntrating on other things like finding somewhere better to live, losing weight and then trying to pass my CBT so I can get a moped. I barely think about women these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I just thought I would keep them all in one place. I am only Match, POF and Badoo now and also Facebook Dating recently. Obviously Lockdown has put a halt to my dating life at the moment but I am concerntrating on other things like finding somewhere better to live, losing weight and then trying to pass my CBT so I can get a moped. I barely think about women these days.

Mate, sort all those things out and you'll be beating them off with a stick after lockdown!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I'd be happy to chip in some money to that hospice as well if you post the link :thup: 

Yeah Darren, I feel guilty hogging everything... give us a link, then you can have bizarre conversations with their fundraising team to explain things like Weezer, and Bisto to name a few... thank Christ Pukey used his real name, in this context puke is not good :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Yeah Darren, I feel guilty hogging everything... give us a link, then you can have bizarre conversations with their fundraising team to explain things like Weezer, and Bisto to name a few... thank Christ Pukey used his real name, in this context puke is not good :D

It's the Princess Alice https://www.pah.org.uk/

 

I hope Darren doesn't mind, I already pmed him to donate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_jagster said:

You'll also confuse the hospice fundraisers :lol:

"SCR... SCR again ... Mrs SCR - who's G Man?!"

I should have recorded the conversation yesterday.... the poor girl was getting more baffled with every email.

Plus somebody put SCR the Commander on their message and the Hospice is in Lymington, a huge sailing centre, so they were certain it was all to do with Yachting for hours. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I should have recorded the conversation yesterday.... the poor girl was getting more baffled with every email.

Plus somebody put SCR the Commander on their message and the Hospice is in Lymington, a huge sailing centre, so they were certain it was all to do with Yachting for hours. :D

It's a good thing you decided to be responsible and call them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pukey said:

I'd be happy to chip in some money to that hospice as well if you post the link :thup: 

 

14 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Yeah Darren, I feel guilty hogging everything... give us a link, then you can have bizarre conversations with their fundraising team to explain things like Weezer, and Bisto to name a few... thank Christ Pukey used his real name, in this context puke is not good :D

 

12 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

It's the Princess Alice https://www.pah.org.uk/

 

I hope Darren doesn't mind, I already pmed him to donate.

It's lovely of you to offer but you don't have too. I feel rather sheepish now :D 

But yeah it's Princess Alice in Esher (but don't think you can donate to a single one online) so yeah the above link is the one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I appreciate what you are saying. I don't have much money so they wouldn't be taking much anyway lol.

If you could just give me the expiry date, the 3 numbers on the back and your mother’s maiden name, I’ll make sure the numbers get blurred for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time lurker and only very occasionally post in here.

Just wanted to say that it's really heartwarming to see how everyone has contributed so far. It has genuinely brought a smile to my face reading it through just now. :)

If it's not too late, please add me to the prize draw and if I win, donate the money to the hospice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just catching up with this thread after my initial post.  Absolutely brilliant from everyone involved.  Like others have said, what a brilliant community we have!  :applause:

I will be donating to both hospices.  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Can I be a dick and say if I win that the money goes to a different hospice? The one that cared for my mum? @Weezer

Absolutely non-dickish. Name them here if you like! 

Edit: missed a page and you have 👍 

2 hours ago, johnhughthom said:

Pretty sure the only dick move would be keeping the money. :D

Neither's that. The prize is there to be won. Good has been done from this already, and someone might bloody need that £15 for something. 

In fact I fully support whoever a wins choosing not to be named if they want, and I'm sure @Weezerwould oblige in not making it public 👍 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ham_aka_stam said:

Absolutely non-dickish. Name them here if you like! 

Neither's that. The prize is there to be won. Good has been done from this already, and someone might bloody need that £15 for something. 

In fact I fully support whoever wins choosing not to be named if they want, and I'm sure @Weezerwould oblige in not making it public 👍 

I had already decided to PM the winners before announcing them when the donations first started rolling in because I don't want people to feel shamed into donating. No pressure here, just a friendly competition that has turned even more wholesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ham_aka_stam said:

Neither's that. The prize is there to be won. Good has been done from this already, and someone might bloody need that £15 for something. 

In fact I fully support whoever wins choosing not to be named if they want, and I'm sure @Weezerwould oblige in not making it public 👍 

I wasn't being serious, I know as well as anyone that £15 at the right time can seem like a fortune. I wouldn't judge anyone for taking it.

What a pity the forum doesn't have a system to let people know you're joking when posting, like a little colourful face to show the emotion you intended in the post. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnhughthom said:

I married someone from a dating website (and not a good one, plenty of fish), so no judgement here!

Does your wife know you describe her as "not a good one"? :herman:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I’ve had a further update from Oakhaven, I’m not ashamed to tell you it’s brought tears to my eyes.

As of 1030 this morning you rather phenomenal bunch of internet dweebs have donated ..........

£835.58

I can’t begin to tell you how proud am I of all of you 

Love it. What a place this is!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, profii said:

think we've raised enough for them to get a decent laptop and a copy of FM now.

I'm sure we can send them some copies of FM!  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jorg said:

I'm sure we can send them some copies of FM!  ;)

 

11 minutes ago, profii said:

think we've raised enough for them to get a decent laptop and a copy of FM now.

If either of you win the vouchers. I can just imagine the Monday meeting. So. In donations we received £800, a copy of FM2009, a copy of that free FM 00/01 that a newspaper gave away 20 years ago and whatever the hell this is from some fella who goes by the name ‘bliss.’

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...