★ 30,000 Posts Prize Party ★

Weezer

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

See, Bliss? This is how you endear yourself to people!

Meh, the endearment my followers show me is real and eternal.  I didn't need to buy their love (like some people), they came willingly....

Thanks Weezer you geezer!  Count me in :cool:

And mods, you should definitely reset his post count. 

5 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Came in to make a "reset post count" joke but already beaten to it :( 

Really nice gesture though. One of the best Championship thread posters as well, even if you're a Wednesday fan :brock: 

Not the highest bar tbf :D 

4 minutes ago, G-Man11 said:

Isn't this where Brock normally steps in and resets your post count?

edit - And it seems reading the thread you've already beaten me to this joke.

How many of your 50K+ posts have been about Coventry I wonder?

12 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Not the highest bar tbf :D 

One of the best posters in general as well tbf, if that makes you feel any better :D

Unrelated of course, but does flattery make you any more likely to win the prize orrrr?

4 minutes ago, Pukey said:

One of the best posters in general as well tbf, if that makes you feel any better :D

Unrelated of course, but does flattery make you any more likely to win the prize orrrr?

Flattery, bribery and nudes may or may not work...

2 minutes ago, The Guy From The Sunny Place said:

@Weezer Let me know of your selected UK charity, I'll donate 30 pounds to celebrate your 30k posts.

Nice gesture, seeing as @SouthCoastRed has just posted about giving away any potential prize to a charity close to him then I select them, just in case the random draw gods are not on his side :thup:

5 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

18 years spent wallowing about Wednesday together. That's even more depressing. 

We had some good times. I mean, I can't remember any specifically but I'm sure there were some. Probably. :D 

OTF does it again. Love this place.

I need new Joycons for my switch, so I am in :D 

e: Didn't even realise I had went over 30k posts not so long ago as well. Nice club to be in.

Edited by Gizzy

14 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Just in case none of these guys win....

Untitled.png.b944494db670e47413f4f511970f666a.png

If anybody else wants to donate follow Harryseaess' link, it would be cool if we could get them scratching their heads at a sudden influx of donations from weird usernames off a Football Manager forum. Plus SCR is a top guy and his 20K posts are worth twice my 30K :D 

edit: and thanks to The Guy From The Sunny Place for his donation too.

Good idea :thup:

image.png.6c37531c6eb2e3c1ae27a6fda71703f9.png

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

Been here for a long time now, longer than I've been using this current account as my old one got wiped when the boards where moved years back. It's taken me a lot longer to get here than other users have but I barely posted for the first few years and when I did stop lurking I only ever posted in the Sheffield Wednesday thread and very occasionally GD. Don't normally pay attention to my post count so I've missed all my other landmarks but happened to catch this one getting close last night.

Got me thinking how much time I actually spend here. This is by a mile my most visited site on the internet, even if I go a few days without participating I still view the forum multiple times a day and every time I open my browser it's always the first site I navigate to. Probably spent months, if not years, of my life browsing these forums, scary when you think about it.

Not going to get all emotional but basically you guys are all great, even the Arsenal fans, and so is this place. Even the trolls are harmless. I've probably interacted more with people on here than I've had genuine discussions with people irl over the years. It's a great community and such a useful tool for relieving boredom, reaching out to actual human beings for interaction at times where it hasn't been possible irl and it's also become pretty much my go to place for what's going on in the world, most of the major events in recent years I've realised were happening through threads being created here. It's also invaluable when I'm on my travels as a reminder of home and a place to follow and debate the football when I can't find anybody else that cares about the Championship when I'm skulking about some random small town in Moldova or Nicaragua.

So anyway, it's not much but thought I'd give a little something back to a community that I've spent so much of my life being a part of by holding a small, simple prize draw. Nothing difficult, just anybody that participates in this thread (unless they specifically ask either in the post or via DM not to be considered) will be eligible for the random prize draw that I will complete before the end of the week. Or sooner if the thread dies a quick death :D 

Unfortunately I didn't get on the GME stonks in time so can't afford a 30K prize fund so £30 will have to do. Prizes will be in the form of Amazon vouchers. Only one question, not sure if it should be 3 prizes of £10 or 2 at £15?

tenor.gif

awww :') 

2 hours ago, SouthCoastRed said:

I would like to be in please Mr @Weezer but if I was lucky enough to win I'd like you to donate my prize to The Oakhaven Trust please, it's a local hospice that cared for Mrs SCR and it's funded totally on donations and literally every penny makes a difference :thup:

SCR again demonstrating that he is the people's champion.

Unlike Bliss.