Crossing

Reading the forums over time has taught me a lot about what attribute effect what actions, but I still learn about more decently often. For instance I learned that balance is factored into shooting and crossing at speed, as well as strength being involved in dribbling, but I feel like I still don’t really fully understand crossing. 

Some things such as technique can clearly be seen in crossing, players with ~15 technique are able to actually curve the ball for instance, but I’m unsure of all the attributes involved. Passing seems likely but I’m not really sure, and I would assume vision plays a part but I’m not confident it does. Anticipation and decisions both seem questionable, and I didn’t think any of the physicals effected it before, but after learned balance is used I wonder about other things like strength for kicking the ball.

I ask because I’ve never gotten a great feel for what makes a good fullback, offensively. Wingers are easy as their offensive stats usually stand far above their defensive stats, but I can’t tell what to attributes to prioritize for offensive production for my fullbacks as they’re more often all around players.

First and foremost they are great when they dont make you concede goals so they have to be capable defenders first and everything else is a bonus and from my personal experience crossing at least for my approach to the game does not matter that much as long it is not abysmal and overall i play with dribble less so dribbling does not matter that much too.

My Players allways work great when they are good workhorse Teamplayers plus pacey as it is obviously a position where pace/acc matters at least in my setup with playing high.

Edited by Etebaer

2 hours ago, Sloak said:

Reading the forums over time has taught me a lot about what attribute effect what actions, but I still learn about more decently often. For instance I learned that balance is factored into shooting and crossing at speed, as well as strength being involved in dribbling, but I feel like I still don’t really fully understand crossing. 

Some things such as technique can clearly be seen in crossing, players with ~15 technique are able to actually curve the ball for instance, but I’m unsure of all the attributes involved. Passing seems likely but I’m not really sure, and I would assume vision plays a part but I’m not confident it does. Anticipation and decisions both seem questionable, and I didn’t think any of the physicals effected it before, but after learned balance is used I wonder about other things like strength for kicking the ball.

I ask because I’ve never gotten a great feel for what makes a good fullback, offensively. Wingers are easy as their offensive stats usually stand far above their defensive stats, but I can’t tell what to attributes to prioritize for offensive production for my fullbacks as they’re more often all around players.

Any action made by a player is a combination of attributes. Trying to isolate a few attributes to determine whether a player is good at something is always a futile action. For example, whether a player is good at crossing. He first have to get into good positions first to cross. His mental attributes, pace and acceleration all come into play here. Then, he need to have good first touch to control the ball. Next, he needs to make the correct decision and cross the ball to the correct spot. Again, another set of attributes here. Finally, the execution of the cross which involves passing, technique and crossing.

A good offensive fullback uses similar set of attributes as a winger since they are performing a similar role. However, these attacking full backs tend to be worse at the defensive end so you will need to decide how much risk you are willing to take.