How do I scare away interest from big clubs for my players as a big club

So I am in the season 2036 with aston villa. I have managed liverpool at the start. Anyway I have two players one called "mohammed vorm" who is a 25 year old CM who is "world class" He is already earning 550k per week, with another 105k every appearance his deal still has 3 years left. The other player is "Anthony Kyeremateng" I call him ghana kid as he is from ghana he is a 23 year old "world class" striker who cost me just 20m 4 seasons before scored 100+ goals over 3 seasons. He earns 400k per week, 80k per appearnce , 60k per goal, and 2m after 25 goals per season. 4 years left on deal

They both have exeptional morale but are wanted my man city, liverpool, milan. bayern. I qualify for champions league for the last 3 seasons 2nd 3rd and 3rd and got to the champions league quarter final and aims to do the same this year. Im currently 5 points ahead of 2nd just 7 games in with a much higher goal difference +13 more than 2nd. SO How can I make them clubs no longer interested If I offer vorm a new deal he wants like 700k.

an.PNG

vorm.PNG

You can't, really.

Probably the best you can hope for is that they'll demand at least as much in wages to play for another team, and they won't be able to afford it.

The other thing you can do is just suck up to them in a big way. Lots of praise, take every opportunity to tell them what good boys they are, and hope you can generate some loyalty by massaging their egos.

I'd not be overly concerned if they're interested anyway. That's a big leap to the player requesting a transfer and even if they do request one there's ways to manage that. 

Like you say, they both seem happy with you anyway, keep winning and you should be fine. I'd argue often in the past it's been too easy to keep players when the elite big clubs globally come looking. 

13 hours ago, Jibby123 said:

I'd not be overly concerned if they're interested anyway. That's a big leap to the player requesting a transfer and even if they do request one there's ways to manage that. 

Like you say, they both seem happy with you anyway, keep winning and you should be fine. I'd argue often in the past it's been too easy to keep players when the elite big clubs globally come looking. 

The big leap can be not that big though. Like yeah on their own is more difficult, but as soon as one of the clubs drops an offer things might change.

I received an offer from Arsenal for one of my strikers in my save the other day. Unlike for other players that there had been discussions about interests and such this one was a bit out of the blue. It was a good offer but I didnt wanted to sell because I didnt have a clear replacement, we were mid season and the player still had years of contract.

Rejecting inmediatly made the player unhappy and its been like that for a few months. Its not terrible because the matter is kept internal and he hasn't asked to leave or anything. He just says he is disspointed by it, his morale is lcoked to a slightly downard arrow at best (no matter how positive he reacts to everything) and is moaning to other players. Only a fellow coutnryman supports him though and that one is able to keep good morale nonetheless, so its of limited impact for now.

Im wondering if he will come around when the season ends specially if we get some good results. Whats your experience for these cases? And what are the best ways if any to at lest keep things in check for a while?

I do have a couple of promising prospects that might be able to replace him, so selling him if a similar good offer is received feels like a good plan in the mid/longer term, but I may need at least 1-2 years more out of him depending on how quickly they develop.

Im weary of jumping the gun too quickly, because the othwr strikers that plays on his same role has had vocal interest around him too and replacements or similar quality are very expensive so lets hope my youngsters progress quickly. 

Often you are left with no choice but to let them go. One of the best options can be to negotiate to let them go at the end of the season - sometimes the approaching club will want someone immediately and withdraw; if not, you'll have a pot of money at the start of the inter-season transfer window and pretty much any player is replaceable.

Set the highest possible asking price value for the player without transfer listing him. This usually deters clubs from making an offer unless they can match the asking price. Offer contracts to players when the interest in them has cooled off. Wanted players tend to seek better salary.

It takes a while for the club reputation to match Barca, Madrid etc, I’ve had players get unsettled by clubs I’ve beat 3 years in a row in the champions league and the honest answer is until you have had 5-10 years of sustained success and basically winning the champions league every season than the traditional biggest clubs will always be more appealing. I generally just make sure I have no release clauses and ask for the biggest amount of money I can + 40% of next sale usually scares them off. They can keep coming back with bigger and bigger bids though so just be wary if you aren’t a huge club the chairman can always overrule and accept a big bid. 

If the player becomes unhappy just promise them silverware or more money if they get even more unhappy just win the champions league and it’s all forgotten.

Here is what I do, if the incoming bid is  negotiable:

From add clause, select "exchange player" and then choose their most expensive player for exchange and set this clause non-negotiable (this is cruical). Then decrease the transfer fee accordingly so that your player will not be able to blame you for overpricing him. After this just press suggest button and they will immediately withdraw the bid. When you do that players do not get unhappy because the transfer is blocked. They only get unhappy if they are top target of that club but things turn to normal after the transfer window closes.

If the incoming bid is non-negotiable reject it. If player gets unhappy just say him you are not going to sell him. Keep him playing and after the transfer window closes, if he is regularly playing they usually turn back to normal. During this period if they request transfer, grant it but put a high asking price and reject incoming bids. Try to keep him till the transfer window closes.

On 08/02/2021 at 18:45, konor said:

Here is what I do, if the incoming bid is  negotiable:

From add clause, select "exchange player" and then choose their most expensive player for exchange and set this clause non-negotiable (this is cruical). Then decrease the transfer fee accordingly so that your player will not be able to blame you for overpricing him. After this just press suggest button and they will immediately withdraw the bid. When you do that players do not get unhappy because the transfer is blocked. They only get unhappy if they are top target of that club but things turn to normal after the transfer window closes.

If the incoming bid is non-negotiable reject it. If player gets unhappy just say him you are not going to sell him. Keep him playing and after the transfer window closes, if he is regularly playing they usually turn back to normal. During this period if they request transfer, grant it but put a high asking price and reject incoming bids. Try to keep him till the transfer window closes.

This. This is genius.